1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Pre-orders - Best Place

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by mjsmith2k, 2 May 2008.

1. mjsmith2k

mjsmith2k Come on you Reds!

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    Right guys where's the best place to pre-order from? Who has consistently delivered on the release date or days before the release date.

Amazon.co.uk have gone down in my estimations. My friend pre-ordered GTA IV well before they stopped taking pre-orders sometime in April 07 and still hasn't had his game delivered yet. And he selected 1st class delivery.

Shop-to and HMV and GAME seem to be the places of choice for me and have heard a lot of praise for them getting games out to people bang on the delivery date.

Any suggestions would be great :))

2. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    ShopTo, apart from Euro 2008 and GTA IV they've shipped every game to me 1-3 days before the release date.

3. kamy100

kamy100 Premiership

9 June 2003
    Blackburn, UK
    Another vote for Shopto, apart from GTA 4 all other games have arrived 1-2 days before release date.

4. mjsmith2k

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    Right I'll get MGS4 pre-ordered from ShopTo then.

5. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

This may sound unhelpful but I dont usually worry too much about pre-orders. Usually a Supermarket will sell the big games on midnight which is good enough for me. Many times ive pre-ordered in the past and not got the game until up to a week later. My worst example was UEFA CL on 360 last year. Preordered and got it a week and a half late!

6. mjsmith2k

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    Ouch.. Yeah I would do that only ASDA, Tesco, other games shops are in town and the bus services are crap round my area.

7. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Stunted

5 July 2004
    Coventry, UK
    ShopTo and Gameplay have been consistently good for me!

8. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    I am never ordering from Shopto again following the Euro incident, Gameplay all the way from now on

9. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Gameplay and ShopTo. However Gameplay lost my copy of Euro but they fully refunded me a week later. I got GTA from them and got it on time.

10. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Tesco got my GTA to me on delivery day so they are OK

11. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Gameplay. Always ordered with them, getting stuff sent to my work address and had no problems at all :TU:.