Portuguese Liga Sagres

Re: Portuguese betandwin.com Liga 2005/2006

Milanista said:
How did Miccoli play?

He has been injured in the game on 15' and replaced by Geovanni "Soneca"(Sleepy). :(

Yep, he's one of the reasons Nuno Gomes has 7 goals in 7 matches, although he was out most of the match yesterday...

Miccoli's probably our best buy from the last seasons :)

Well, well, didn't see that one coming...
I had some expectations, but that performance, the mentality, a solid defence, and that great second half... Totally deserved.
Koeman started with the best 11, didn't mess anything like in the first games, and once again, we won. Since Koeman adopted the more usual 4-4-2 (or 4-3-3, or even 4-5-1, depends where you place Nuno Gomes and Simão in the field) we won every game, loosing only to Man United.
Porto has a great offensive team, nobody can deny it, but that defense.. First problem: age and experience. Age only doesn't make that much diference (Benfica's defence except Leo was under 25), but Porto's defense has little experience. In the first goal, Bosingwa coulnd't decide if he would look at the ball or Nuno Gomes, or if would cover the man or go for the ball. Then on the second goal, Ricardo Costa gave Nuno Gomes the ball when he was completely out of the play. 2 huge mistakes, and could have been worse, if Simao kept his cool when we went 3 vs 1 (!!!!) since the midfield line, and we failed to score.
Adrianse is a good manager, likes to play offensively, but everyone knows a solid team is built from the defence.

That is pretty much the analyzis of the game.

I also think that Adriaanse is a good manager, but he has to much dutch style of play with him. Koeman on the other hand is using what he learned from the years at barça. He has more latino style of game.

I just hope that next game Jorge Costa and Pedro Emanuel are back.

On a note, Miccoli might be injured for a few weeks (2-4?), and Lisandro will be out for the next two games, against Inter and Nacional.

The Miccoli injury is not confirmed yet.

Pelintra, do you of somewhere where I can find all the portuguese league goals?

Revan said:
The Miccoli injury is not confirmed yet.

Pelintra, do you of somewhere where I can find all the portuguese league goals?

unhappyly no, I doin't know it. :( The goals that I can find are all from a Benfia supporters forum.

Clube Pts J
1. Sp. Braga 17 7
2. Nacional 15 7
3. FC Porto 14 7
4. Benfica 13 7
5. V. Setúbal 13 7
6. Sporting 12 7
7. Naval 10 7
8. Boavista 10 6
9. Rio Ave 10 7
10. E. Amadora 9 7
11. Gil Vicente 9 6
12. Belenenses 9 7
13. P. Ferreira 9 7
14. Académica 8 7
15. U. Leiria 5 7
16. V. Guimarães 4 7
17. Marítimo 4 7
18. Penafiel 1 7

Congrats Sp. Braga! :applause:

Hi chaps,

Have Benfica & Porto both changed sponsors now from PT ?

capt.jpg

Another 2-2 draw for Maritimo :( seems like theyre really missing Tonel at the back.

db

Yeah, also Sporting, who lost last night changed to TMN now. But TMN is also part of the PT group, so no big change here.

Revan said:
Yeah, also Sporting, who lost last night changed to TMN now. But TMN is also part of the PT group, so no big change here.

Logo still looks far too big on the Benfica shirt though which is a shame, blends in more with Porto but i much preferred Revigres.

db

Professor Nutmeg said:
Db, what are the cultural/social differences between Maritimo and Nacional?

Hi mate

Not entirely sure as all my fiancess family and the people i met out there support one of the big 3. Maritimo are the largest and most supported club situated in downtown Funchal. Nacional are higher up into the mountains and in the less salubrious (sp?) part of town. Their stadium as im sure youve seen from eurogoals only has a stand on one side which is a bit weird but thats more to do with available space i think.

My (future) brother in law told me that not so long ago a plan was afoot to merge all 3 clubs togther (this includes União). Natrually didnt go down well with the supporters - sounded like a Thames Valley Royals idea with Oxford & Reading imo.

Maritimo have started to get plans for a new stadium going and i think construction has started on it, so it looks like its goodbye to the intimidating Estadio Dos Barreiros which is a shame and hello to a identakit jobby in all likelyhood.

db

Speak of the devil...
the official announcement of the construction of the new stadium for CS Maritimo was announced today. The location has been choosen and construction should start next summer tops, and should be over before the end of the summer of 2008.
Location is west of the city. North of Praia Formosa to those who know Funchal.

Obrigado Revan!

I dont really know that area particularly well but i think its south of Madeira Shop and before you get to Camara de Lobos past the tourist zone isn't it.

Here is the only pic i can find at the moment which is a bugger cos Journal Da Madeira i think it was, had much better pics a while back.

S_125_2003-08-22_09-59-00_estadio.jpg.png

diario.jpg

The TMN logo will only be used in the next match again. Then the PT logo will come back!

[url="http://www.avozdaaguia.com/videos/SLBAmadora.wmv]Goals of Benfica Vs Estrela Amadora[/url]

Yesterday Benfica won 2-0 against Estrela da Amadora.

Sporting had a draw today with Gil Vicente. 2-2 the final score.

Porto's game with Nacional ended in a 1-0 win for Porto.
For Porto scored Hugo Almeira after a nice cross by Quaresma.

The table:
Clube Pts J
1. Sp. Braga 20 8
2. FC Porto 17 8
3. Benfica 16 8
4. Nacional 15 8
5. Sporting 13 8
6. Boavista 13 8
7. Rio Ave 13 8
8. V. Setúbal 13 8
9. Gil Vicente 10 8
10. Naval 10 8
11. P. Ferreira 10 8
12. E. Amadora 9 8
13. Belenenses 9 8
14. U. Leiria 8 8
15. Académica 8 8
16. V. Guimarães 7 8
17. Marítimo 7 8
18. Penafiel 2 8

Top Scorer Table.

1. Nuno Gomes (SL Benfica) 8
2. Meyong (Vitoria FC) 7
3. Marcel (Académica) 5
4. André Pinto (Nacional) 4
4. Fary (Boavista FC) 4
4. Liedson (Sporting CP) 4

Professor Nutmeg said:
What's the capacity going to be, and will they fill it?

Sorry for the late reply, I dind't even noticed it. :p

anyways it's a pretty small stadium with 9000 seats. It's going to have a shopping mall, and the usual stuff around new stadiums these days.
What I don't know is what they will do with the old stadium.
I know União da Madeira use it, and it's also used for other sports, but I don't know if it will all be transfered to the new one.

Oh well the government must have a gold mine, as they are going to spend alot more cash to completely redesign the harbour.

Back
Top Bottom