Portuguese Liga Sagres

Re: Portuguese Liga 2005/2006

Sporting have been humilated by FC Paços de Ferreira for 3-0... with this defeat of Sporting and draw of Porto, Benfica most win today against Vitória de Guimarães!

If win will have 10 points, and will miss only to 2 points to catch Sporting and 4 to catch Porto.

Looks like Penafiel and Leiria are going down this year... of what i have seen so far, they are the weakest two, let's see what happens today in the match wich opposes Benfica and Guimarães, Benfica need to win to fight for the championship they can't afford to lose more points, on the other side Guimarães needs to win to get away from the water line, and they come from a motivating win in the UEFA cup, it's expected to be a good match, let's see what happens today.

The great question revolving the Portuguese Liga now is, will Peseiro drop the towel?

Professor Nutmeg said:
I see the islanders gave Porto a game.

Altought I'd prefer that porto had won, it was an exciting match. Nobody knew what the final score would be.

But man our coach is daring to say the least. Porto acctually played with 1 defender in the last 15 mins. on paper it as a 3-5-2 but besides Ricardo Costa, the CB, the other 2 at his side were Paulo Assunção, DMF, and Bosingwa, WG-DMF-RB. And we had 3 strikers. :lol:
Kamikaze Adriaanse. :lol:

But I must admit that it's exciting. :lmao:

oh, and Cesar Peixoto, our LB, is our best scorer. :lol:

Last edited:

Benfica with a well deserved win over Guimarães, who played a ver nice game, I must say I was impressed at times, especially with that long pass then first time cross without the ball touching the ground and then a great scissor kick to finish. Moreira saved it superbly, otherwise it would have been a marvelous goal.
We had some tough times in the game, right after our goal until the equaliser. But from then on we could have scored 2 or 3 times, so it was a fair win.
We ha 8 points from Sporting 3 rounds ago, now only two.
Now we have Porto - Benfica, it will be quiet a match, I am quiet eager to see how Porto's defence will handle the likes of Miccolli, Nuno Gomes and Simão (4 goals in the last 4 matches, already 59 for Benfica in the Championship only, not bad for a winger...)

Yeah RicKs, but you must see also if your midfield can take ours. :)
The techincal based midfield of Porto, and the strenght based Benfica midfield.
And McCarthy is usually a pain in the ass for Luisão.
But Porto's defence will need to have a close eye on Miccoli, he will be your main treat, like Simão.

But I'm hoping for a great match, considering that both teams play an open football style. Can't wait! ;)

Last edited:

Yup, 15 or 16 of October. not sure yet of the date.
Here are the fixtures for next games.

Rio Ave-Sp. Braga
Naval- Belenenses
E. Amadora-Marítimo
FC Porto-Benfica
V. Guimarães-Nacional
Penafiel-V.Setúbal
U. Leiria-P. Ferreira
Sporting-Académica
Boavista-Gil Vicente

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Oi

Is that the next league game? If so, it'll probably be shown on C5 (late night)

Obrigado :)

até à vista. 8)

Good luck mate....don't let does match sticks hurt your eyes :mrgreen:

Boa tarde,

Trying to find a report on the Maritimo game - i cant believe they drew!

Do any of the fellas on here subscribe to Sport TV/TV Cabo btw ?

cheers

db

Feel free to post betandwin.com Liga goals. It's always nice to see them :)

Stringer, i think i'll let my video handle that one ;) If you have along enough tape, you can get a Dutch, Portuguese and Argentinian game, ready for a bit of Saturday morning viewing.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Stringer, i think i'll let my video handle that one ;) If you have along enough tape, you can get a Dutch, Portuguese and Argentinian game, ready for a bit of Saturday morning viewing.

Man! You have time to watch all those games during the weekend.

EDIT: Is it Porto and Benfica?

Re: Portuguese betandwin.com Liga 2005/2006

Yes, Porto has a great Midfield, but if you inclued Simao and Karagounis in the midfield I think it is even. Let's hope the game is good and make us all proud of our teams.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Feel free to post betandwin.com Liga goals. It's always nice to see them :)
bah, it's a pain in the ass to find any goals from the Portuguese league. There was a website that provided every goal, but they stopped, copyright issues they said. bah... :(

I set the video for the Maritimo v Porto game last night. 4 goals in it, should be good. Also managed to record the AZ v NEC game, 5 goals in that one. 9 goals in 2 games :) Oh and then there's and Argentinian game too.

The "Clássico" is today!

Futebol Clube do Porto Vs Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Great expectations...

Today, 21:00h

Yeah, the teams should be the same from the last few matches.
Exceptions confirmed are Quim instead of Moreira in Benfica, and maybe McCarthy won't play. He just came back from injury.

OMG THAT HURTS!

FC Port0 0 vs 2 SL Benfica (2 Nuno Gomes)

Ninguém Pára o Benfica ALLEZ OHHHH!

Last edited:

Well don't know what you just typed.

It was Porto 0-2 Benfica :D

Nuno Gomes top scorer with 7 goals :D:D:D:D

NINGUE'M PA'RA O BENFICA!

adriaanse4wr.png

:lol: @ Adriaanse face... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Adrianense ruined everything with the starting eleven. How could he left out Diego, Quaresma and Hugo Almeida?

Two blatan mistakes by the defense! :\
When will Adriaanse wake up and understand that Jorge Costa needs to play, and that he should remove Ibson and put Meireles. There is no consistency in the back.

Anyways, a fully deserved win for Benfica, they were the better team last night.

Your wrong, Diego is a very good midfielder and he was the only one yesterday who had the guts to risk. He knew he would be booed but he still tried to shot and did everything he could, he's really young, but he's turning out to be an amazing player, in 5 years you'll see if he'll suck or not, the kid has lots of guts, he looked like a captain yesterday.
I think that if Quaresma, Diego and Hugo Almeida, had been in the starting eleven things would have been different (without talking about Raul Meireles, Pedro Emanuel and Jorge Costa).

Benfica did a very good performance, a smart performance, they knew Porto had defensive problems, and they took advantage of that, they studied Porto well. Porto did a very emotional game, the players were very nervous, and the fact that Adrianense tried a new tactic in this game, ruined everything. Players were confused, everybody was in the middle, nobody on the sides, Porto didn't knew what to do. I think the biggest one to blame in this game was the coach, he made some very bad decisions for this game. And Ricardo Costa as captain? Please...

StewieGriffin said:
Adrianense ruined everything with the starting eleven. How could he left out Diego, Quaresma and Hugo Almeida?

They didn't play very well against Maritimo. Come to think of it, not many did. Diego was subbed during that game. But you'd think Quaresma would play.
Did Lisandro start or play?

Any goals to post? :D

Back
Top Bottom