Poor Offside Decisions

A

antistar

When I used to play PES4 the linesmen were a bit irritating with their unnerving accuracy at calling offsides. They were so good that you only needed to be a pixel in front of the defenders and they'd call it. Annoying, because it would be nice for a bit of leeway.

They were so good I stopped watching replays, because it was pointless. Then I noticed in PES6 a wrong call. My striker was blatantly onside when the ball was played, and had two defenders a meter in front of him. So I started watching the offside replays more often, and lo! there were many poor decisions (not just for my team but equally my opponents).

I guess this is for "realism" but jesus, I don't want that kind of realism in the game. It's also totally unrealistic, because the code can't seem to tell a close call from an obvious one; sometimes the players are so blatantly onside that a five year old could spot it was a bad decision. It makes the linesmen look like he's taking bribes.

As with other PES changes, it seems that someone decided that offsides weren't realistic enough because they were too accurate, and so "fixed" it by going too far in the opposite direction. Hopefully by PES7 it will move back to something more reasonable :).

That is the way PES works, definately. Rather than make moderate changes that will compliment the game but maybe go unnoticed they overdo some things to make sure noone can claim it's the same game. :)

Well, cant complain. My striker was blatantly offside one of those days and it didnt get called, so i scored lol. My player got tackled and the ball fell to a guy some good 5 yards offside (it was a breakaway) and bang.

Back
Top Bottom