Poll: So what do you think of PES6?

How do you rate PES6?

• The Doom Merchants Are Right, It Is Rubbish?

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I Love It , Much Better than PES5

Votes: 88 72.7%

• Total voters
The more I play it the more I'm getting into it. I've got the PS2 verison too, which is almost identical to PES5. If you play the 360 one straight after the PS2, you see the enormous difference (in HD anyhow) in graphics and smoother animations. The 360 while horribly featureless, is the definitive in footy gameplay. My PS2 verison is my PremierLeague and Master League game, one which I can edit to my hearts content. The 360 one I'm playing for the class of it, with its licenced teams only, cause the rest look lame. It's a very rewarding game playing in Serie A for example, cause it's a pace of footy very similar to that league in real life.

El Diego said:
IT'S FANTASTIC! Best footy game ever - it even looks gorgeous on my Sony (non-HD) tv. I am going to my mate's to try FIFA07 on the 360 later, he just phoned me to tell me how good it is and I am gonna buy that too if its good! FOOTY SEASON IS FINALLY HERE!
Thing is though, they've both got enough faults to put me off long sessions of either. FIFA's goalkeepers have really, really upset me this morning as they ruin an otherwise incredible game, and PES's lag, button reaction times and "Merseyside Red" makes me feel sick (I don't care about there being no editor but come on, why couldn't you let us change the team names at least?).

I'm more disappointed than feeling "footy season is finally here". :( But I'll give them both a good go.

^^Snoop^^ said:
and I especially like the feeling of a big pitch which makes it easier to pass the ball about and keep possession (I feel PES6 has a smaller pitch and get the feeling of being over-cramped and closed down FARRR too quickly).
Thats because its a known fact (said by "Seabass" himself at one point) that the pitches in PES are not to scale (smaller than they should be) to keep the game as a quick paced game since most gamers only play 5 mins per half. I always thought this fact was what made PES seem slightly arcade like IMO and is something I have always had an issue with when playing PES/WE.

I'm happy as a pig in shit!!
Gameplay is superb and the AI is very good.
After about 5 games and when i stopped looking at the graphics and thinking mmmmmm not as good as FIFA, i really am enjoying it.
Anyone thats worried about the speed, its basically slow when you play slow and pass behind players or at the wrong time and quick when you play the right pass and use the through ball in the middle of the park to play the pass infront of the player.
Suberb game.
Takes a while to figure out the shooting as the bar moves very fast, will annoy some while others will think of it as more of a skill to shoot properly at the right time and a deft subtle touch.
Skill is now required to score not just point and shoot.
Hope you all enjoy it and im glad ive approached this version remembering after first attempt at pes5 thinking no!!!! i loved pes4 what have you done, then after a good few weeks thinking this cant ever be improved upon.
how wrong i was.

I won't come back for fear of being shot, but these are the reasons why I literally cannot bear PES this year (all of these happen several times a match):

1. I'm David Beckham, I've got the ball on the right side of the centre-circle, no opposition is near me. Owen is slightly further ahead, in the middle, with three defenders in-front of him, all clumped together. What does Owen do? Does he run either side? Does he stop? No, he runs straight into the defenders and stops with them circling him. Cheers Michael, you fucking idiot.

2. I'm Michael Owen, I break away with nobody near me. Suddenly, a defender develops the ability to run like Speedy Gonzalez (which should have a number all of it's own but I'll let Seabass off), but I've only got my eye on one thing and that's the goal. I've got enough space. I hit the shoot button for a MILLISECOND, as lightly as I possibly can, and the ball BALLOONS over the bar. Within a minute some Chilean player I've never heard of is in the exact same situation. The shot nestles in the top-corner.

3. I'm David Beckham again. Owen is up-front again, running towards the penalty spot; he needs a through-ball. I kick the ball, it goes off towards the corner flag, and so Owen has to stop running forward and change his course completely, by which time, the defenders are back.

4. I'm Ashley Cole (for a change). I do a pass to John Terry. It trickles along at 1mph, along comes the nearest opposition player, does "a marvelous interception" that my gran could have got, and twats it into the bottom corner from 30 yards out.

How can you play a game that decides everything for you, that makes your shots fly over the bar even if you hit it properly and totally skews your passes? It happens way too often for you to be in control of your own destiny; it's not a game, it's a DVD.

In these situations in FIFA 07 on the 360, 1) press the player-run button and he'll move into an INTELLIGENT position, 2) you can control ACCURATELY and INSTINCTIVELY the power of your shots, 3) the through-balls go where you want them to go and 4) you can control the power of your passing. In PES, the CPU decides what it wants you to do. Whether you play the game in multiplayer or not. I do not like it at all, and I think PES6 is by far the worst game of the series. I'll go back to it for PES7 if it's improved, but otherwise EA have a new customer.

*I've gone now, you can call me a dickhead as many times as you want*

Last edited:
I also meant to say, as you (deftones) said in another thread that's just been closed, PES on the 360 is the PS2 engine converted. There's three versions of PES released every year, Winning Eleven, Pro Evolution Soccer and then Winning Eleven: Final Evolution (or J-League depending on what they feel like). For as long as that keeps happening (and Konami will NOT let that stop happening as millions of people are buying their game three times a year, that's £50x3 per year as opposed to once, why would they want to stop that?), PES won't be given a next-gen engine.

Seabass has always said "we don't have the CPU power to make the gameplay do this, do that", whatever. You had it this year and you've rushed out a conversion. It's nothing short of shameful, I know other companies have done it before (EA obviously) and I know the more money you get the better, but judging on the last ten years that money is being re-invested into nothing but better graphics and a Stanley Matthews feint.

I'm hoping that they're saving their incredible top-secret fantastic gameplay engine for the PS3 (even though I probably won't be able to afford a PS3) or else I won't be buying another PES game again, why would I want a rehashed PES6?

this game is great. it has it's faults (it came out too early, needs more modes) but it plays a dream.

i use RB to run btw. :D

Jack Bauer said:
I also meant to say, as you (deftones) said in another thread that's just been closed, PES on the 360 is the PS2 engine converted. There's three versions of PES released every year, Winning Eleven, Pro Evolution Soccer and then Winning Eleven: Final Evolution (or J-League depending on what they feel like). For as long as that keeps happening (and Konami will NOT let that stop happening as millions of people are buying their game three times a year, that's £50x3 per year as opposed to once, why would they want to stop that?), PES won't be given a next-gen engine.
And lets not forget that with people still running around acting as if its still the best thing in town, that gives them even more reason to not build a new gameplay engine. I can already see konami's thoughts.

If people are still buying and loving our game why should we waste the time and money to build a new engine.

honestly im dissapointed lack of options slow game play and although it looks nice i gotta say the ps2 versions much quicker slicker and alot more fun guess the 360 just gonna have to gather dust in the corner cos im not impressed :(

deftonesmx17 said:
And lets not forget that with people still running around acting as if its still the best thing in town, that gives them even more reason to not build a new gameplay engine. I can already see konami's thoughts.

If people are still buying and loving our game why should we waste the time and money to build a new engine.
"Acting" dude people arent just lying cause they have some sort of chemical addiction to this game, you sound like a tard... , from what i can tell you are in the minority on which is better, so stop acting like your the only person allowed here to have an opinon that matters.... sounds like alot of people think FIFA is behind PES in gameplay and that matters most..

granted konami have alot of work to do and no the game is not perfect(as everyone has stated) but there all whores for the gameplay and if the game is still fun to play and it gives you joy, then what do you care? do you want konami to copy what EA have done?(btw that is all that EA have done)

csaunders said:
"Acting" dude people arent just lying cause they have some sort of chemical addiction to this game, you sound like a tard... , from what i can tell you are in the minority on which is better, so stop acting like your the only person allowed here to have an opinon that matters.... sounds like alot of people think FIFA is behind PES in gameplay and that matters most..

granted konami have alot of work to do and no the game is not perfect(as everyone has stated) but there all whores for the gameplay and if the game is still fun to play and it gives you joy, then what do you care? do you want konami to copy what EA have done?(btw that is all that EA have done)
I still don't think you grasp what it means that PES might be the better game for certain people. The gameplay might be what they like, thus why its better to them, but that doesnt make it the better simulation by default (like many would seem to claim), but I don't expect you to ever understand something of that nature.

And you're right, on a PES/WE website the majority are going to say PES is better. :roll:

As for "acting" and people having "chemical addictions", let me tell you a story, a true story that was just two weeks ago. I have a friend. He is 24, with a college degree (just some info to show age and schooling dont stop someone from being a fanboy or anything). We were playing the original xbox version of FIFA 07 at my house. He started bitching about how the xbox version was not the same as the PC version. Well, he is dead wrong, and a fanboy at this point IMO. He is a PC fanboy to be exact. And being that PC fanboy, he has convinced himself that the PC version is not the same as the XBOX version (which more than is since the PC version is nothing but a port from the xbox version). Being the open-minded person I am, I said "fine dude, I will boot up the PC version and switch back and forth from my DVI channel that has the PC version running and my component connection that has the xbox version running, and then I want you to tell me they are not the same game". He still was trying to tell me the PC version is not the same game as the xbox version. So I said, "ok buddy, let me FTP to my xbox and open the folder where FIFA is on my PC and show you that the files are the same". He still sat there and argued with me and I gave up at that point. Seee how insane this is? Because of his fanboyism to his PC he really will not accept that the PC version is nothing but an xbox port and even after what i did he still believes they are different. So yes, fanboys will fucking say anything, no matter how unture it really is.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get the 360 version because i thing its a big rip off.
They could have put in every mode that the ps2 version has if they wanted to, but that stuff was left out on purpose so they can include more features next year and therefore sell more copies.
Stick with the ps2 version for a year or two untill its worth the price.

Wow......... both games are either fantastic and a true football Sim to get your bits damp ..OR... the biggest pile of puke going and lets get down to EA/Konami now and burn the buggers....

Football games eh.. go figure...

Got it today and been playing games over Live all night, never had this much fun with Pro Evo before, its fantastic :D

The lack of features is a shame but its in no way a game breaker, this is still far superior than anything FIFA has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom