POLL: Master League Youth System

Do you like the Youth system in Master League in PES2017?

• Yes - I have no problems with the current youth system

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • No - I would like to see a change in how the youth system works

Votes: 109 91.6%

• Total voters
So hello to you all :BYE: going by this and other threads, Evo Web seems to be a very nice place for a good and sound discussion! Not sure how active I'll be though.
Welcome!
And don't worry, this "place" is kinda addictive... I switched back and forth from/to FIFA in the recent years but I just couldn't let Evo-Web go. :)

I don't like the regens and if i play with an Italian team, 90% of the youth team should be Italian and not like now, you always get the same players, no matter wich team you play with...

That is the reason i never ever use youth players.

Ideally Konami should put the real youth players in the game, but we all know that is an ideal scenario that will never happen.

I don't like the regens and if i play with an Italian team, 90% of the youth team should be Italian and not like now, you always get the same players, no matter wich team you play with...
Great point. I always edit the youth players to be English (I usually start in England) - with PES 2017, I edited in the actual Liverpool youth squad, with the idea that if I could, I'd spend a lot of money buying them whatever team I played as (I've seen Liverpool reserves etc. play a few times - in-fact, Liverpool play Tranmere next week in a friendly).

After putting all that effort in, and then seeing Totti and Terry join them the following year, I felt like a bit of a moron for doing it. Ruined it.

That is the reason i never ever use youth players.

Ideally Konami should put the real youth players in the game, but we all know that is an ideal scenario that will never happen.

I used to use young players a lot, especially because it's quite nice to help them develop their careers as you develop your own as a coach/manager. I'm not using them anymore for the same reason as you. We should ask for this to be fixed once and for all, it's quite simple to implement random patterns of physical appearance/abilities/names.

The most ridiculous thing about this, is the overall rating. It is just stupid that a 16-year-old player has an 76 or 78 overall for example. Other than that, using real players as 16-year-old regens is just unrealistic. ML really needs a different regen system, such as the one from Football Manager. Hope to see improvement in this part.

As you play more seasons of ML, the problem with high-rated random nationality youth team players seems to even out more. From season 10ish onwards 90% of my new youth have matched league nation and been rated >70 despite me now having a much higher rated team.

The lack of player "individuality" is often criticised in more recent PES editions, surely getting rid of regens would only make this worse... players like Totti, Tevez and Ibrahimovic would be gone near the beginning of a ML, making them expensive or impossible signings with very little point and therefore rarely used.

I don't understand also that: how a retired player of 37 yrs with 75 of OVR become a 19 years old with 84 OVR ?????
Pellissier??? (with all the respect for him :) )

OF file (2016/2017 season)

ML file (2021/2022 season)

and don't forget the evergreen Totti

Last edited:
It looks like we could have at least a workaround though:
im not saying this is a proper solution but before any master league i back up my edit data and when big players retire i simply change their name and appearance in edit mode (examples Van Persie to Den Gogh with created face) so they are a new youth player takes 5 minutes and helps with immersion imo just a quick fix for now not to everyones taste i know
It won't stop the overpowered regens from spawning, but at least they won't have the same name/appearance of the retired players.

It looks like we could have at least a workaround though:

It won't stop the overpowered regens from spawning, but at least they won't have the same name/appearance of the retired players.

How does that work? I thought ML doesn't take into account any edit data changes after you've started? And if you changed Van Persie before starting a master league then he would be a different player at the start as well

How does that work? I thought ML doesn't take into account any edit data changes after you've started? And if you changed Van Persie before starting a master league then he would be a different player at the start as well
As far as I understand, if you edit a player's name and appearance they get reflected also in an ongoing ML. Editing age and stats doesn't bring any change in a ML if it's already underway though.

As far as I understand, if you edit a player's name and appearance they get reflected also in an ongoing ML. Editing age and stats doesn't bring any change in a ML if it's already underway though.

It's true.

Yeah just like changing team names and kits, you can change a player's name, face and hair and it will have also changed when you reload your ML - stats, age and nationality are locked from when you started your ML though.

I didn't realise that, I will definitely do that for next year if that's the case, anyone who spawns over say 70ish i'll just edit the name of. The appearance doesn't bother me so much. thanks man

Adam has responded to questions on the subject, saying that it's "fine" as far as he's concerned, but that he's heard more people talk about it this year.

That gives the impression that it's still the same and that it might be on the agenda to change it next year, given that he isn't saying "wait and see" like he is with other new features (e.g. the return of a harder difficulty setting than Superstar).

Adam chats utter garbage, and is rude afk!

ONTO the youth subject... it does annoy me to be honest but i would rather it over nothing, because without it players wont improve or decline!

There was a PES where youth players were random and it would say ** Player X reminds me of Xavi, he could become just as good**

I actually liked that system because he would have a different look, and Xavi would still be actively playing.

BUT i also LOVED the system that had Chapi, Schwarz ect... but i think thats nostalgia!! lol.

Bring in FIFA's youth system (not their regen system though) and you will have a decent youth experience.

Adam chats utter garbage, and is rude afk!

ONTO the youth subject... it does annoy me to be honest but i would rather it over nothing, because without it players wont improve or decline!

There was a PES where youth players were random and it would say ** Player X reminds me of Xavi, he could become just as good**

I actually liked that system because he would have a different look, and Xavi would still be actively playing.

BUT i also LOVED the system that had Chapi, Schwarz ect... but i think thats nostalgia!! lol.

Bring in FIFA's youth system (not their regen system though) and you will have a decent youth experience.

I always liked that system I think it was 2011.

For pes 2017 I wanted more randomness so I ended up making hundreds of youth players and spread them out to all the major leagues, I think I ended up with 30 in each

The Regen option is not so bad. It should stay, as an option. Say I pick up the game this year, choose Real Madrid only because of Ronaldo, and then he retires after a year (just an example)... This way, I can even pick him up as a youngster, and turn him into the beast trophy winner that he is today, and that has the fun element writen all over the place... but yeah, I agree that we should have the option to play without Regens. The excuse that Konami had all the work for players that are close to retiring is BS imho. Why do they worry about classic players then? I always played without classic players on my ML careers.

A regen system that recycles player faces would be welcome i.e. use a retired players face changing the hair colour/style, facial hair etc and also alter the physical appearance of the player i.e. height/weight. This would avoid my other gripe of the awful looking generic players.

As a ML hardcore fan i would like to see a mix of solutions from past PES games that were taken out for no reason.
Firstly they could make the regens come with pretty lower overall, this is the most basic issue.With the early/peak curve a wonder kid can go over 80+ in 2-3 seasons. With the current system after 4-5 seasons the most player are in decline so you are forced to use regens.
A more complicated viable system IMO with mixing gametechs would be the older PES 5-6 PES in a mix with 11-13 youth system where random players will be generated like Shimizu, Schwarz , Chapi , Ioannidis with common proper lastnames used for each country. For example coming from Greece i know that every Last name ends 70% in -as -os -is and 30% in -ou. CASTELDINE is surely not a Greek name.At least give us a possibility to edit even those Players like Arcas,Castelidne,Giorza.
And it could be going like in 2011-2013, if you have a high level youth academy regens of old highrated players would be generated every season in balance with randoms but if you have a low level academy you would end up with many random generated players with maximum 60-65 overall and 1 or 2 superstars regens like Rosicky or Ibrahimovic.
Also a nation ID could be implemented through EDIT team in every team so the nationality of youth should match the Nationality ID of your Club. E.G. running a greek club your current youth team should have 90% Greeks, and 10% Albanians or Serbians or Bulgarians,at general same thing that happens to reality. An Italian 17 old with OVERALL 80+ has never been seen in a Greek club.
At least that happened in 11-13 era.I remember my youth teams at least in the first 2-3 seasons full of low OPR random players, 1-2 KONAMI random wonder kids and when i had maxed out the investment lvl of the academy from my teams budget money i had about 2-3 or 4-5 regens of Arsavin level players.IF i didnt invest money i youth academy the game gave me regens of lower rated players.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom