1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Playing on 100hz TV and on 60hz TV

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by Burak_FB1907, 20 June 2006.

1. Burak_FB1907

Burak_FB1907 Conference

18 August 2005
    hertfrodshire
    hi guys, i've recently prmoted my PS2 to the living room now having the house to myself and am playing winning eleven 10 on our widescreen 100hz tv, and its playing alot faster than it does on 60hz mode in my other room on a normal sony tv ..... anyone know why this is so?

i've gotten so used to the gameplay being slower on the other TV, its a bit of a shock!

anyone had the same experience at all ??

2. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    yep, its always been the case, don't know why. Same on the PC too

3. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    It's more than likely the widescreen element.

If your tv has the option of changing the picture to 4:3, then use that when playing WE10, you should have the normal pace back again.

Basically WE/PES isn't programmed for widescreen, so the picture stretches horizontally when you play on a widescreen tv, making it seem faster in horizontal directions. ;)

4. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Yeah what Dar said 8)
    Swictch to 4:3 if you don't like it.

5. ELPiCO

ELPiCO Guest

Anyone know why it kinda stutters when the ball goes out? Like on the PES3 demo ages ago when you used to score. Ive put it down to being my TV (playing on 50hz) but im sure a TV cant affect a disk reading..

6. Terryb47

Terryb47 Conference

4 August 2004
    The stuttering isn't your tv to blame, it happens on every (widescreen) tv too. I know it's annoying especiall when shooting, this doesn't happen in Xbox versions though.

ontopic: at my friends place who has this widescreenpanel I have trouble keeping up with them when we play a tournament: it's totally different, so much faster than at home.

Last edited: 2 July 2006
  7. Dolomite

Dolomite Non-League

8 May 2006
    change the camera type to wide long, i think thats the name for that, on a normal tv the players look small, but on the widescreen look ok