Playing as Brazil

T

troutio

My brother insists on playing with Brazil when we play online. We are of a very similar standard, but him always playing with them gives him a distinct advantage. I argue that not only are they far and away the best team (and squad for when the top players are out of form), but that in PES5 the very best players are disproportionately better than in previous versions.

I could play as Brazil as well, but that takes a lot of the fun out it. I've done OK with France and England, but really, no-one can match the boys from Brazil.

He calls me a bad loser, and says that he is just playing the game, but I'm getting sick of it. Seeing Ronaldiho, Adriano, Ronaldo, Kaka etc. batter goals in from 25 yards, watching them skip through perfectly good tackles, it just boils my p*ss, and makes me feel like packing in.

Any similar experiences? Any ways round this behaviour? Any suggestions of teams/tctics that can counter Brasil (playing 4-2-1-3 with lots of lofted through balls to the wingers)? Anyone agree with my bro?

Hundreds of people online do agree with him.
But those older than 12 are with you dude :cool:

Guess you could pull your defence really deep so the wingers don't get in behind you. Try some man-marking too. 2 DMFs of your own can help deal with crosses and cut-backs.

play with brazil yourself and do what he does to you, then he will understand

Ive beaten brazil players quite a few times online. I use england and france mostly and sometimes arsenal or inter. Just play a very defensive(5-3-2) counter and kick the sh!t out of them whenever you can (but not near your penalty area), works for me :D Make sure you always have a defmid infront of your defence as they have great strikers of the ball. Also get the midfielders in the space between his wingers and fullbacks. As for defending dont let them get crosses in and make sure you close down adriano/kaka in the middle to stop them having a clear shot

Anyone picks Brazil, I pick the anti-Brazil..... Spain!

Was playing 2v2 the other night with my mate, some guy and his mate pick Brazil so we go Spain (as usual) and not only did we beat them 2-0, we kept them to less than 5 shots and had no real dangerous chances against us all game. :thumbup:

I love spain. :D

Dar said:
Anyone picks Brazil, I pick the anti-Brazil..... Spain!

Was playing 2v2 the other night with my mate, some guy and his mate pick Brazil so we go Spain (as usual) and not only did we beat them 2-0, we kept them to less than 5 shots and had no real dangerous chances against us all game. :thumbup:

I love spain. :D
Anti brazil would be portugal?

troutio said:
My brother insists on playing with Brazil when we play online. We are of a very similar standard, but him always playing with them gives him a distinct advantage. I argue that not only are they far and away the best team (and squad for when the top players are out of form), but that in PES5 the very best players are disproportionately better than in previous versions.

I could play as Brazil as well, but that takes a lot of the fun out it. I've done OK with France and England, but really, no-one can match the boys from Brazil.

He calls me a bad loser, and says that he is just playing the game, but I'm getting sick of it. Seeing Ronaldiho, Adriano, Ronaldo, Kaka etc. batter goals in from 25 yards, watching them skip through perfectly good tackles, it just boils my p*ss, and makes me feel like packing in.

Any similar experiences? Any ways round this behaviour? Any suggestions of teams/tctics that can counter Brasil (playing 4-2-1-3 with lots of lofted through balls to the wingers)? Anyone agree with my bro?

i have to agree they are the best team.

But they are not unbeatable

I play with south korea and japan, czec, england, argentina.

I can't play with brazil anymore because there is no challange and tbh i beat people higher ranked than me with teams such as i said.

this game is so much more on how u play and what tactics you use.

Also mastering controling the keeper helps,

I when people are 1v1 on my keeper i take control and narrow the angle. People exspect the keeper just to run out straight and dive, but when they see your icon above the head and the keeper not running out like a mad hatter they lose focus and then it makes it harder for them to try and shot beacuse then the keeper rusn out cpu controled it will more or less do the same thing.

Portugal is not anti-Brazil... Portuguese people and Brazilian people are like brothers so don´t speculate! There are many Brazilians here in Portugal and many Portugueses in Brazil.

About the topic.. it really pisses me off when someone defeats me using Brazil and I´m using a club team, and then my oponnent starts to saying thing like "I´m too good for you" "you noob".. Brazil is for noob players, it´s almost impossible not to score goals with them. They have 5 or 6 best players of the game. The best dribblers, the best long range shooter, the best free kick taker, the best side backs, the fastest players.. come on... I can´t say someone is a good player if he uses Brazil...

Artist said:
About the topic.. it really pisses me off when someone defeats me using Brazil and I´m using a club team, and then my oponnent starts to saying thing like "I´m too good for you" "you noob".. Brazil is for noob players, it´s almost impossible not to score goals with them. They have 5 or 6 best players of the game. The best dribblers, the best long range shooter, the best free kick taker, the best side backs, the fastest players.. come on... I can´t say someone is a good player if he uses Brazil...
Its not impossible to score against brazil, u just have to change the way u play aginst them.

You can't try to match them with balance becuase they all have good balance, u have to try and use the wings more.

when i play against brazil with korea or argentina i play 3-5-2 with 1 holding midfielder.

That way i can play 1 touch all day long and brazil can not get the ball.
But once they do make sure u have people tracking back. Never rush out to tackle let them come to u.

Easy to say but hard to master ;)

Artist said:
Portugal is not anti-Brazil... Portuguese people and Brazilian people are like brothers so don´t speculate! There are many Brazilians here in Portugal and many Portugueses in Brazil.

My point way that brazil is brazil and portugal is portugal, they are not the same country lol

So if any thing is anti brazil technicaly i would say it was portugal and not spain.

All 3 are latin

so guess its not that important.

In 300 games I must have played 80-100 games against Brazil. Only lost once. Tied a couple. I always choose France when someone races for Brazil as soon the team selection screen surfaces. So I keep the default france formation, just remove the arrows from the CB and put back arrows on the SB. And it works great. I mean, it works so great, I started using that formation a lot, winning against Brazil with teams like this:

brazilchina2sa.jpg

I know this guy had few games (which doesn't mean he is bad, everyone has to start somewhere, and he didn't play bad actually) but I was tired of playing against Brazil.

Last edited:
LOLOL

Granda Ricks é bem chavalo! Quando é que jogamos? Procura lá por mim. Artist ou Notty. E já agora o campeão Português fui eu o ano passado no Colombo :D Não foste tu eh eh

That was great. With CHina!!! LOL Your oponnent is talking, I bet he was going to say something like "fuk you lucky bastard" or "cheater" "lagger".

Beautiful.

Deacon Brown I´m not saying it is impossible to beat Brazil. I beat them with Sao Paulo, Olympiakos, Colombia and so on. I´m just saying Brazil is really strong and anyone can score goals without much work using them. So who uses Brazil doesn´t have class. They have great IA help :D

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he didn't talk thrash, he was cool with it. If everyone was the same.
Yeah, we should play one of these days.

(Colombo? Lol nem lá tive, mas parabéns pela vitória! O Portuguese Champion é pelo SLB, não me digas que já te esqueceste? Campeões somos nós =))

Well, it would be a controversial decision, but it would rule if Konami only let you chose the same team 3 times in every 10 games.

And they should really change the point formula...

Tava na brinca contigo Ricks, na boa :) Hoje tou lá daqui a pouco as 14, e depois as 18, aparece lá! Vou com "Artist".

Campeões sabes bem e este ano somos outra vez!

It´s impossible to make Brazilian team bad or not so good because they are really good. The only thing konami can do is to change the game code and implement a better teamwork system and a better game where not only stats make the difference. A Ronaldo´s run and shoot can result in 4 or 5 goals per game easily. A Ronaldinho simply dash dribble with :r1: can dribble all of your defenders many times in a game and a Adriano´s shoot can come in from 35 yards out too many times and so on. That things doesn´t always depend on your talent/class. Many times they depend on just pushing the :square: button with adriano with a long distance from the net and the ball just come in... no talent/class, no good player, no good football. Just a stats goal. The question is, the Brazilian team has so many great players in PES 5 that everyone does something wonderfully without much work and without great football/play.

But tbh brazil are like that in real life, so its not like th game is cheating or anything, its just peopler do

5 min matches
short time
2 subs
normal condition
pens

That combination and playing against brazil will result in them taking the lead 4 times out of 5. And becuase u do not have enough time to get used to the way someone plays, it ruines ur chances of coming back.

Well, Brazil is very very hard to beat under one circumstance. Most of the times people tend to play with very ofensive and unrealistic formations, trying to fit all the attacking superstars into the starting eleven. These are the easiest players to beat when playing against Brazil. But, if you somehow manage to play against (which is rare) someone with a simple and effective 4-4-2, with well distributed players it will very difficult. I played with Brazil three times in 300. And they are great. And I mean GREAT. Quick, responsive, deadly, everything, you name it. It is very easy to fall into temptation and play only with them. But nothing is as rewarding as beating Man United with Benfica, or Chelsea with Nancy, or Barcelona 5-1 with Sparta Roterdam.

I play with Brazil since I was a child, in every footbal game. Some years ago, Brazil was a good team, but not the best, and I continued to play with this team.

So, I have no fault if the team from my country is the best team in the last years. I will play with Brazil.

In the other hand, in every game that has Sao Paulo I play with this club. I dont mind if it is weak, its my club.

In PES 5, for example, Sao Paulo is a very weak team. The so called "statsman" PLF didnt change the poor original stats of the club´s players in the Super Patch (the appearences wasnt changed too). But is fun to play with a weak team and win matches agains great teams.

The other way, is fun to play with Brazil and make incredible dribbles, goals, etc.

Venomas said:
I play with Brazil since I was a child, in every footbal game. Some years ago, Brazil was a good team, but not the best, and I continued to play with this team.

So, I have no fault if the team from my country is the best team in the last years. I will play with Brazil.

In the other hand, in every game that has Sao Paulo I play with this club. I dont mind if it is weak, its my club.

In PES 5, for example, Sao Paulo is a very weak team. The so called "statsman" PLF didnt change the poor original stats of the club´s players in the Super Patch (the appearences wasnt changed too). But is fun to play with a weak team and win matches agains great teams.

The other way, is fun to play with Brazil and make incredible dribbles, goals, etc.
Err sao paulo is not a weak team m8 they are a ver good team. I use them as well and they are great at 1 touch and wing back play.

LOL distefano, I always try that with Ronaldo because I usually play with Real Madrid and I know he easily gets injured. However sometimes he stills with the ball and he never misses... that´s one of mine in~-game messages "Ronaldo Never Misses"

However if I played with Brazil I Would have my in-game messages full of "Ronaldo never Misses" "Adriano smashes your keepr from 35 yards" "Ronaldinho dribbles everyoneeeeee!" "kaka is a pass master" "Juninho always score the FK!!!!" "Lucio always take the baalll" etc.......... I´m sick of playing against them online.

Back
Top Bottom