playing AGAINST a friend in offline cup mode?!

so did anyone twitter the konami guy regarding this? i think it's quite a well-known issue even in other pes boards.

so did anyone twitter the konami guy regarding this? i think it's quite a well-known issue even in other pes boards.

Tweet him, and maybe they'll finally fix this darn thing. Simple fix really.

Smarten up Konami.

We don't want to sit there and watch our friends play the computer.

let's all make sure they get this sorted out in a patch or the very latest pes2012. if those net-freaks can get their way in pes2012, why can't we? after all this feature was always there in last-gen.

what are you guys alternatives to working ard this problem? esp those bunch of us that play offline multiplay a whole lot.

I haven't played the disastrous next-gen PES of yet (receiving my 2011 tmr though), but I have heard about a community mode offline? Can't we select all user teams and then simulate the matches that we don't want to play? is that possible?

I suppose they see this as an easy way to cheat your way to victory in the cups. Even more now on "next" gen where there are trophies for everything.

anyone found a work-around for this in xbox/ps3? i know PC users have kitserver so it shouldn't be too diff for us to switch this on too? somehow, anyone?

i tried doing a work-around by selecting all manual teams and then trying to simulate the matches in Cup/Community mode, but it's not possible to simulate like we can in Master-League. anyone knows how?

i read from another forum that Jon has already said that this will be fixed in 2012.. but I'm still skeptical. any other way to contact Konami to pass this round?

I suppose they see this as an easy way to cheat your way to victory in the cups. Even more now on "next" gen where there are trophies for everything.

That's a load of crap anyway - on PES2010 on PS2 (I don't know about next-gen as I only went next-gen for 2011) you could switch the second controller on at any point in a game, and a thing would pop up saying "changing this setting will affect Track Record, do you want to continue?" In other words, you wouldn't get win points on your overall performance record if there was a chance you were cheating.

Seems pretty simple to apply that to PS3 trophies (which mean less than bugger all to me). Let people play 1v1 in any mode, and just don't let those games count towards trophies - simple.

Indeed, great news! :-)

I guess I'll be sceptical until I play it for the very first time myself but for the first time in many years there are staid informations that it will be in.

Thanks for the infos!

if anyone gets his/her hands early on the game, would you be so kind and CONFIRM that this option is back?

Thanks

Is back... i have the game... in the LIGA you can take the control of the cpu game and play with your friend...

And in the Master Liga Mode you can play With a friend in a same team... inclusive 3 maybe more... i have only 3 gamepad... but in this case only play in the same team... but not in the cpu team...

That is great news, indeed! Can anyone confirm that THIS option is also in again: say you want to play a league (18 teams) and be in control of 4 of those 18 teams. You choose 4 players of course, but you want to play those 4 teams yourself. When they have to play together, you play the home-team. Is it possible again to disable the controller of the other team in that situation, so you let the PC control a human team (your 'opponent') for that match?

Is back... i have the game... in the LIGA you can take the control of the cpu game and play with your friend...

And in the Master Liga Mode you can play With a friend in a same team... inclusive 3 maybe more... i have only 3 gamepad... but in this case only play in the same team... but not in the cpu team...

Thanks.
But what I wanted to know (see my first post): is it possbile to play this in CUP MODE? I want to play a full World Cup with 2 or more players? Please check my first post on page 1 and tell me that this is not only possible for league oder master league but in CUP mode to play a full World Cup?

got my copy of the game on friday and it's now 100% official: for the first time on the PS3 and after 5 years this feature is back in!

it felt so good to play like this with my friends again!
:-)

is there a way to set up a 2 legged elimination?
i mean, me and my pal we always play home and away matches..
but it would be WAY better if we could set up an knockout round (semifinals, for example) so the CPU can keep the cards (suspension in case of red), injuries and the aggregate score so we don´t end up arguing about those facts averytime we play a 2nd leg?

am i asking too much?

is there a way to set up a 2 legged elimination?
i mean, me and my pal we always play home and away matches..
but it would be WAY better if we could set up an knockout round (semifinals, for example) so the CPU can keep the cards (suspension in case of red), injuries and the aggregate score so we don´t end up arguing about those facts averytime we play a 2nd leg?

am i asking too much?

i'm afraid i don't get your question.
what do you want to do? play a cup with the home and away option? like the champions league knock out stages? and the CPU controlls the teams who are not played by you and your friend?

i'm afraid i don't get your question.
what do you want to do? play a cup with the home and away option? like the champions league knock out stages? and the CPU controlls the teams who are not played by you and your friend?

yup probably i didnt explain myself..
what we want is just to play a single bracket in a cup elimination manner.. we will only choose 2 teams (the cpu can have as many as wanted) since we only want to play our elimination.. let me see if i can explain this with a drawing:
tournament.jpg

so we just want to setup a way so we can play a 2-legged elimination everytime we want..
and the CPU wouldn't even matter, as we only want to play OUR bracket..

there was a way of doing this in past PES / WE using the (now dissapeared) Konami Cup.. is there any other way to do this?

the point of wanting to play this elimination phase is just for the game to make us play as home & away (since we feel home is always favoured by referee & chants), and taking into considerarion away goals, red cards & injuries.. does this make sense?

sorry for my bad english man

Last edited:
alright, now i understand.
:-)

i'll check if i find a solution - if it isn't possible anymore with the konami cup, maybe you could use community mode to do it?
i'll try to get this done on the weekend and get back to you on monday.

That is great news, indeed! Can anyone confirm that THIS option is also in again: say you want to play a league (18 teams) and be in control of 4 of those 18 teams. You choose 4 players of course, but you want to play those 4 teams yourself. When they have to play together, you play the home-team. Is it possible again to disable the controller of the other team in that situation, so you let the PC control a human team (your 'opponent') for that match?

I know what you mean, i like playing world cup on my own but having 32 'human' teams so that i can pick the teams for every game but then just control one team against cpu. I choose what team i control by rolling a dice (sad i know). But on recent PES it wouldnt let you move the controller over.

Funny, the demo allowed you to move controller over but the main game doesnt. So what i do now is select 'coach mode' for the team i want to play against and and select the options for auto sub and formations etc..

Hope this makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom