playing AGAINST a friend in offline cup mode?!

mr5973

League 2
25 April 2002
Vienna, Austria
England
since pes moved to ps3 there is one major problem if you want to play in cupe mode against friends... i know it's difficult to explain but here i go:

i want to play a full 32-nations-world-cup and i want to be one team (say england) and my friend wants to be another team (say turkey). so england goes to e.g. group 1 in the world cup, turkey to e.g. group 5. when the tournament starts, the first game is played with england against any other team that is in group 1. so i controll england, my friend wants to controll the other team from group 1. that was possible until now but not anymore in pes2008 - i have to play against any team from group 1 alone, the CPU controlling the other team, not my friend!

second game is the first game for turkey, which plays against any team from group 5. same problem here: you can only controll turkey with player one, not the team turkey is playing against with player two.

i know the whole thing is difficult to explain, but if you do your cup with 2 players (but actually 8 teams), you not only have to play the games involving england and turkey but also every other match that will take places between the 8 teams (and we are not really interested in games that takes place between teams other than england or turkey - in pes6 the other results of all the other games (non-english, non-turkey) were not played by the players but the CPU presented us the results at the end of each round).

was i able to make myself clear? i know its difficult to explain..

neverthless: it isnt able to play a full world cup (with 32 teams) when playing with only two players - if you dont want to play all the games of the tournament...

if anybody knows a solution to this: please help!

Sollution:

Just play aggainst each other using various teams and imagine its the world cup.

;-)
not really a solution, is it?
much more so than the PS2 version of PES still allow this way to play...

so does anybody have a real solution to this problem!
thanks

set it to 32 players when you start the cup, so you can control every team

this is also not a real solution as you would then be forced not only to play the 3 matches of your team and the 3 games of your friend's oppentents (a total of 6 games in the group stages) but a total of 48 (!) games (in each group there are 6 games in total in the group stage).

this would be extremly time consuming and also, you would be forced to play totally uninteresting games in other groups with teams neither player cares for.

all i want is the old ps2-version solution where you can adjust your controller to either of the two teams before a matck kicks off. the ps2-version can do it, why not the bloody ps3-version?!

Yes i understand perfeclty what you mean and it sucks!!!
I dont know why konami keeps changing the game especially a lot of cool options like the one you re talking about and the capacity to mix kits (shirt from 1st kit/ shorts from 2nd kit for ex)like it was possible on pes6 (i think)

I dont really thinks its possible to solve this problem!

In Juice's Kitserver config file (PES 2008) there was a box to tick/untick for this. Maybe he will put one in a future Kitserver?

In Juice's Kitserver config file (PES 2008) there was a box to tick/untick for this. Maybe he will put one in a future Kitserver? However, this worked on PC - don't know if there was one for other consoles.

since pes moved to ps3 there is one major problem if you want to play in cupe mode against friends... i know it's difficult to explain but here i go:

i want to play a full 32-nations-world-cup and i want to be one team (say england) and my friend wants to be another team (say turkey). so england goes to e.g. group 1 in the world cup, turkey to e.g. group 5. when the tournament starts, the first game is played with england against any other team that is in group 1. so i controll england, my friend wants to controll the other team from group 1. that was possible until now but not anymore in pes2008 - i have to play against any team from group 1 alone, the CPU controlling the other team, not my friend!

second game is the first game for turkey, which plays against any team from group 5. same problem here: you can only controll turkey with player one, not the team turkey is playing against with player two.

i know the whole thing is difficult to explain, but if you do your cup with 2 players (but actually 8 teams), you not only have to play the games involving england and turkey but also every other match that will take places between the 8 teams (and we are not really interested in games that takes place between teams other than england or turkey - in pes6 the other results of all the other games (non-english, non-turkey) were not played by the players but the CPU presented us the results at the end of each round).

was i able to make myself clear? i know its difficult to explain..

neverthless: it isnt able to play a full world cup (with 32 teams) when playing with only two players - if you dont want to play all the games of the tournament...

if anybody knows a solution to this: please help!

This totally bothers me as well. Konami are such idiots. I used to do the exact same thing with friends and now we can't. How hard is it for Konami to put up the player settings menu before a game starts to allow a human to control one of the non-player teams. Bunch of idiots at Konami.

Hi, I used to do exactly the same thing, and find it strange its been taken out!!!!! Let me know if u find a solution and i'll do likewise.

Back
Top Bottom