Player form

Daisuk

Yiddo
22 October 2002
Oslo
Tottenham Hotspur
What's the logic behind this? I've now been playing 15 games of the league, and four Champions League games. I've won 12 games, drawn 1 and lost 2, and in the CL drawn 1 and won the other 3. Still, meeting WBA away now, my entire fucking squad had an arrow pointing either straight down or light blue down. What the fuck? We've been playing great, what's the logic behind this collective drop in form?

Does anyone know what determines form? Is it just random? Or is it another one of Konami's attempts of balancing the game when you are playing it too well?

If you're playing away from home it'll be mostly downward arrows, playing at home and it should be normal or upward arrows.

It's Konami's way of replicating home advantage I think.

Fatigue is what bothers me more, I have to all out attack in the first hour to get a goal as my players are all too knackered to be of any use after the 60th minute mark

Form is also related to condition. The reason you have poor arrows is because your players are tired. If you rest a few just as comparison, you should see those players gain better Form/Condition. This is how it has always worked for me and my ML.

Form is also related to condition. The reason you have poor arrows is because your players are tired. If you rest a few just as comparison, you should see those players gain better Form/Condition. This is how it has always worked for me and my ML.

But he said his entire squad had down arrows. Surely that means he has rotated if what you say is true?

Na I don't think that's the case, as the two are implemented completely separate and I've never noticed the subs to have better form arrows. If anything if you're playing well the goal-scorers tend to have better form arrows, although not consistently as it should be IMO.

I had actually rested my regular 11 for two whole games before this game, but all the arrows were still pointing down. Oh, well, it's been better after that game, was just surprised, as it seemed to come a bit out of the blue. Thanks for your replies, guys! :)

i've been waiting for this day to come, no home and away condition is realistic.

and yes you have to hire the best fitness trainer (5,000,000)

Even with the best fitness trainer I've found away from home form arrows are pretty poor! I've chosen to ignore blue arrows, and only try and swap out players if they're purple arrows.

Does seem to be a bit of a bizarre way of replicating home advantage though.

IMO the arrows now mean more player morale (a la FM) than form, and I like that. If you string consecutive wins all players will get red/orange arrows at home and green away, while constant losses will give you blue and purple arrows even playing at home.

That sucks man

I think stamina might be key. They are a whiney bunch in the master league though. Ewww im playing out of position wa wa wa. Solution, perhaps trying to buy players with better form which is listed in the player attributes

This has got very little to do with stamina or ongoing form or fitness or anything like that. It's just a home and away thing. I'm currently playing a standalone league (so none of these Master League issues of fitness trainers or how happy the player is at the club) and I've got accumulated fatigue switched off. It's still exactly the same - home games most players are on green arrows at least, away games almost the whole squad is on a purple downer. I've had plenty of games where all three goalies and every defender in the squad have purple arrows.

Seems a bit daft really, as the AI is quite capable of stepping it up for Euro games, cup finals etc, which makes it tougher for you. You'd think they could just do it like this for away games? It's not like real-life players are never on good form away from home.

The other thing is, it doesn't make all that much difference anyway. Your players might lack a bit of zip on a down arrow, but they can still play. It's not like previous PES games where a player on a downer was like Ronaldo before the 1998 WC final.

Seems a little bit daft

Yes it is mainly home and away, but I reaffirm that it is also greatly based on the performance of the team. Obviously with a random factor involved. Playing ML with Blackpool, in my third season I had just beaten Dinamo Kiev in CL qualifiers, then next game against Chelsea at home I have 11 players with red arrow, won 3-1. Next an away match and no purple arrows, some blue, some orange.

Yes it is mainly home and away, but I reaffirm that it is also greatly based on the performance of the team. Obviously with a random factor involved. Playing ML with Blackpool, in my third season I had just beaten Dinamo Kiev in CL qualifiers, then next game against Chelsea at home I have 11 players with red arrow, won 3-1. Next an away match and no purple arrows, some blue, some orange.

This, I always see the arrows as 'Confidence'. Confidence in football is everything and effects form and subsequent condition in cases. It's definately not just a Home and Away thing. It's never been just about that. You'll see players with a Purple Arrow have a poor first touch, poor passing, poor shooting, and the energy depletes alot quicker. They are also more susceptible to injuries. In an ML if you refuse a player a transfer he will stick on a Purple arrow with a broken heart for weeks and months on end. It matters not if it's home and away. That assumption is merely coincidence based around confidence.

Last edited:
This, I always see the arrows as 'Confidence'. Confidence in football is everything and effects form and subsequent condition in cases. It's definately not just a Home and Away thing. It's never been just about that. You'll see players with a Purple Arrow have a poor first touch, poor passing, poor shooting, and the energy depletes alot quicker. They are also more susceptible to injuries. In an ML if you refuse a player a transfer he will stick on a Purple arrow with a broken heart for weeks and months on end. It matters not if it's home and away. That assumption is merely coincidence based around confidence.

I dunno, something doesn't seem quite right. I'm playing a stand alone Champions League session, several of my players were on poor form, I lost that match, but then in the next match those players who were previously on poor form had improved form.

I can't remember whether I was home/away for those matches, and I'll pay closer attention in the future, but I haven't been able to quite figure form out either.

Back
Top Bottom