Play some guitar !

aah the problem with responding to a good thread like this too lately ... all of my favourite guitarists are already mentioned!

neil young and bob dylan (both of whom i respect because they can play the guitar flawlessly and yet be able to blow into the harmonica, AND at the same time sing grrrrreat lyrics)
jimmy page
freddy mercury
jimi hendrix
eric clapton
angus young
jerry garcia
joe perry
bruce springsteen
john fogerty
keith richards
pete townshend

-fb

ok rather than start a whole new thread i thought i would post this here, anyway i am after a guitar and was wondering if this one here is decent enough for me - CLICK ME PLEASE!

i am a complete novice but am willing to give this a good go, i have wanted a guitar for years and have finally decided to just get one

another question - exactly how hard is it to 'get into', i am patient and that so suppose that helps

any info/tips/advice is really appreciated :mrgreen:

stiffler said:
ok rather than start a whole new thread i thought i would post this here, anyway i am after a guitar and was wondering if this one here is decent enough for me - CLICK ME PLEASE!

another question - exactly how hard is it to 'get into', i am patient and that so suppose that helps

My first guitar was similar to that one, Fender Squires are pretty good quality in my experience, but I have also played shit ones, and they can be a bit pricey sometimes (esp. from argos!!!!). If you are serious I'd say you are better off going to a music shop, big or small it will be better than argos. I think you could get yourself that sort of setup for about £150 possobly less from a better shop.

Realistically that is the sort of guitar you should look at getting for your first one, or one similar. I bought a guitar for my missus last year which was similar to a squire, but made by 'Aria'. I normally play an expensive ESP but i was pleasantly surprised with how good the Aria I bought her was. In all honesty i much prefer the Aria I bought her than my Fender Squire that i started on. It feels like a better starter guitar, it has a slightly thinner neck and is also really light-weight. Aria isn't exactly as respected a brand as Fender or anything but we've got a few Aria guitars and they are all really nice to play.

If you're patient and want to do it then it really isn't that hard to get into, it does just take a bit of time. Anyone can do it though seriously you just have to want to put the effort in. All I can say is Good luck hope you get it and stick with it because it's worth it, it's very rewarding a few years down the line. :)

thanks a lot for that mate much appreciated :D

i will have a look around some more music shops this week, i did go to one last week but tbh the cheapest guitar there was like £250 so when i saw this in the new argos catalogue (of all places - lol) it kinda caught my eye with it being a fender, plus it has an amp and stuff, so thought it would ideal as a starter set for myself but just wanted to check with people who know about guitars that it was a decent piece of kit

Youre better off with an ESP Mustaine Flying V... or why not an explorer or Kurt Cobain's Jagstang?;) :D
DV8R_blk.jpg

explorer.jpg

0254200340-68fecd9ee56379b5043029d0ae5e07a4.jpg

i think they may be a little out of my league mate - ;)

and i have found the same set up mentioned earlier for £155 now aswell - from tesco!

stiffler said:
i think they may be a little out of my league mate - ;)

and i have found the same set up mentioned earlier for £155 now aswell - from tesco!

:mrgreen: Quality mate, to be honest I'd get that, it'll be a reasonable setup which will be more than enough while you are learning, and for that price you're laughing really..

lostinstoke said:
:mrgreen: Quality mate, to be honest I'd get that, it'll be a reasonable setup which will be more than enough while you are learning, and for that price you're laughing really..

just ordered it!!!
has an estimated delivery date of the 22nd - cant wait to get going
and thanks for the advive lostinstoke - much appreciated mate :D

Quality mate, glad to be of help. If you're looking for things to learn when you get it then OLGA is quite a good place for tabs, not the biggest but they tend to be accurate which is useful when you're learning. The tabs might be a bit daunting at first if you've not seen them before but they are really really simple. If you need a hand with anythin drop us a PM, and good luck..

thanks mate, you will no doubt be having some PMs off me come the 22nd - cant wait to get started, and about the good luck - i think i am gonna need it!!

I can't play the guitar so I'm not sure whats simple. Probably best to learn something that you like. I'd recommend anything from guns and roses.

cheers guys i like blink and nirvana anyway so will prob look into learning some of their more simple songs
i cant wait to get started now, have wanted a guitar for years, wish i started when i was younger but at least i am giving it a go!

Milanista said:
Blink songs are easy for beginners....also Nirvana songs.

Come as you are is meant to be fairly easy to play.

If I was learning Blink songs I would go for Josie, Carousel, Voyouer, Apple Shampoo and Waggy

i regret not continuing playing the guitar, i should really pick it up again, i love it, but my laziness has stopped me... ive got an entire book on the tabs of songs on the best-of album

-fb

aah bugger, sorry about that, *blushes* slipped my mind there, but i guess i shouldve just thrown him in there because of his flamboyant singing stances ... great stuff :D

-fb

yeah mate it arrived :D
having a laugh trying to figure what the hell to do but i gota say i am well impressed with it so far!
if only i could play!
and isit me or is tab a little daunting at first!

Yeah it can be, you just need to think of it as a diagram of the guitar. You've got your six lines, they are the strings, then the numbers correspond to the frets you need to hold down. To be fair I'm probably better of sending you a PM, this could get long ;)

Back
Top Bottom