Photoshop Help Thread

mjsmith2k

Come on you Reds!
5 November 2005
Nottingham
Forest, Bulls, Patriots
Hi, I wonder whether any one can help me.

I'm looking to reverse a colour on a kit. For example change red socks with white detail to white socks with red detail. It's a simple reversal of the colours.

I normally use the replace colour function to change colours easily and I wondered if there was an easy way to reverse colours. Black and white colours can only be replaced with black or white. I can't change the hue.

Invert colour always screws up the colour and generally makes the whites black. And then I can't use replace colour.

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Photoshop Help Needed - REVERSE COLOUR?

The one I know of youve already mentioned, replace color. Another way is to copy the original layer, color overlay it with a mess about for the transparency and "overlay" filter to get the correct color. And then finally delete the wrong sections in that layer. A lot of hassle and not nearly as easy or good as the replace color method.

Something I've always struggled with and never thought to ask...

How do you colourise something that's white?

(It's easy enough to change the colour of something that's e.g. red, but changing the colour of something black or white is impossible - I usually end up darkening the white area and then colourising it, but it's really awkward and I would love there to be an easier way)

JB, select the area you want to colourize, goto hue/saturation and tick the box saying colourize then play around with those settings. Or create a new layer, paint over your white area and change the layer to Multiply or something that looks good.

I looked at warping the text like that, but if you put the text onto the circle's path and then you put warped arced text next to it, there is a massive difference. The text on the circle is great, the arced text doesn't look right (it's quite distorted).

not sure what you mean m8,but like this ? (but neater lol) even if the text is on the outside of the circle it's the same process,..if not try gimme an example of a similar badge.
--------------------------------------------
wirralid7.jpg

That's what I mean, yeah. I figured it out in the end thanks to a certain Evo-Web member ( ;) ), I just warped the text at the top and the bottom in the end.

It's not as perfect-looking as creating a shape and then putting text onto the path (it's slightly stretched in comparison - you only notice this when you have the two styles next to eachother though), but there's no way that I know of to put text onto the top of the path AND the bottom of the path, and even if you just put it on the bottom of the path it's upside down or on the inside of the circle (which makes the text smaller - you can resize it but it doesn't quite match).

If all that makes any sense, I'm useless at explaining.

Hello guys,

I just invested in Elements 8 and am completely new to it all.

But I want to make some text graphics for websites.

Is there a way, if a see a certain style of text in a photo or another source. Can I copy that text and make an alphabet of that particular style? So then I can make any word in that style of text?

Don't know how to explain it better, tried googling it, but no luck (because I don't knwo what it is called).

So does that exist at all? does it exist in elements? if so are there any tutorials on how to do it online?

Cheers :DD

You could but it's very difficult to make that to be honest, but if you want nice fonts take a look at dafont.com

Cheers matt, that is a very good site :DD

But if anybody knows of any guides to do what I asked above aswell, that would be great :))

Back
Top Bottom