Photo realism in games one step closer?

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
Not sure if this belongs here or in technology but...

This image is CGI using new amd/ati graphics technology.

amd_06_emily1.jpg

amd_04_girl_1surfacenormals.jpg
amd_05_girl_2girlrender.jpg

Full Article
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/12/amd-cinema-2-0-tech-demo-real-time-photo-realistic-human-models/

Holy flirking schmit. That's either fake, or absolutely incredible.

Imagine FIFA with graphics like that. Please, Jesus in heaven, keep me alive for long enough to see FIFA with graphics like that.

Difference is as you can see they have these graphics now to show but im sure there going to drip feed it.

Will I have nightmares if I watch it?

...Couldn't help myself. It's less realistic in movement I think, but still the best thing I've ever seen graphically.

I remmeber readign about this a while ago, they actually filmed her and then put a filter the film. Obviously I can't be too technical simply because I don't know the ins and outs, but thats the jist of it.

the video of the top model in motion and speaking is fucking scary, i've seen it two weeks ago, not sure where

but it looks stunning

IMO it would have been more impressive if it weren't just the actual face that's CGI, the body is just an actress sat in a chair moving about and then they pasted the CGI facer over the top......

IMO it would have been more impressive if it weren't just the actual face that's CGI, the body is just an actress sat in a chair moving about and then they pasted the CGI facer over the top......

Yeah when you JUST look at the face... it's as impressive as I originally thought as I thought everything there was CGI. The hair and body and clothing material were what blew me away the most.

Blown away the the realistic look of real life. :SS

Back
Top Bottom