PESM (hands on Revieuw+pics}Pro Evolution Soccer Management

U guys how can i change my manager name in career mode??? my name now is Junka
IMAGE0022.BMP

How can i change this in career mode?

I love this game:)
Im now manager of ajax in the winter season and the transfer season is over.Im at nr 3 in the ranking:) damn PSV wins every match i gotta beat FEYENOORD who is at ranking nr 2.Or els no Champions league next season:(
Damn mitea is injured for 3 months:( he was my best winger.
I have to buy some new players but i only got like 9.000.000 euro's to spend and players are realyyyyy expensive,i only can buy noobish players that my scout finds there like amateur skilled:(

I sold like 3 players but how come i dont see the money if i sell a player to other clubs???? Only way i get extra money is if VIP's are watching my match and if i win i get extra funds by them.

Last edited:
When this game is realeased, is there by any chance it'll have the PES5 editing features? Because i'm guessing some people downloaded the beta version, which contained some of the PES4 features.

Riggs_Rx said:
Yeah, that's what management is all about. Watching how your team plays through the season and adjust your tactics during the game.

Anywayz, i got this game myself and had a look at it. It's not that bad at all. I'm not big into Manager games, they all look the same and boring to me. This game however has a lot more presentation IMO. The TV highlights specials, press conferences and stuff are cool additions to the game. And you can have meetings with your players and talk about how they feel and what their condition is (though the options on what to say and how they respond are limited).

The engine is based on PES 4, you can tell on the way how the AFS is compiled. The kits for example are not decrypted and every bin file has a name. The database options are also like PES 4 (as said before) That's the downside as you can't import your transfers from PES 5 and no players can be set to Free.

Now, if Konami is smart, they take the presentation aspects and some key features of PES Management and add this to the Master League of PES. that would be the ultimate Master League if you had that.

Great suggestions mate. Imagine something as simple as a visualised press conference as your latest ML signing gets unveiled... all theyd need to do is use op file data - skin colour, build, face etc..

slam4.jpg

the_thing said:
is there the option to set the tv settings before the game like in pes5? would like to know before i get the game.

yes its has a 50 and 60 hz selecter

Stringer Bell said:
When this game is realeased, is there by any chance it'll have the PES5 editing features? Because i'm guessing some people downloaded the beta version, which contained some of the PES4 features.

This is the full version,here wont be a pes5 editing style in PESM.
The rls we play are ment for testers/benchmarks game mags. who can make a reviuew of the game and give there coments about it in game magazines.
Yes it could be a beta but there wont be any changes in the retail store rls.

not what i expected from this game :( been playing 2 days now but same effect like all other manager games on console, good to try but not a game to play for a long time. matches last to long if u wanna watch decent u must watch in normal speed. Just use fm engine looks the best.
also there are to much messages during week what makes ur game pretty slow and boring if u have the same messages every week. players are to expensive. u only got text dialogues, it would be bether with sound like LMA. No stadium or financiel options what i expect to be in a manager game.

We can say no one can be better as football manager atm, but this game is worth a try. I would give this game a 70/100 cause it's there 1st manager game and they will improve if they will make a new one. And then i hope they make it for pc in stead of ps2

there is absolutely no point making pes manager for PC. Its a light weight console manager, which it makes pretty good. Everyone, including Konami knows FM wont be beaten on PC.

This beats lma by a longshot.

Played the game now for few days and i aggree with other ppl game is very boring takes ages to watch and get through weeks.
I hope they stop making this game and incorporate it into the master league for next gen consoles. Then SWOS wil finally be beaten after only 10 years lol.

I'll laugh if he asks for the URL for Joker, and if you can download The Godfather from there as well.

Okay I played the game for the 1st time. Presentation's really cool. Everything else seem to be average. I'm a big WE/PES fanatic but I think I'll burn out playing this after a couple of weeks. Final verdict: Stick to WE9/PES5.

The game is not really bad.. i use scorpion option file for the correct name team/player..

U can change the kits using GGS & use narrow back style..

Man, I really liked that game.
For a console manager game, it's the best until now.
I don't miss that stadium thing mentioned above...The game focus on the match management. Mourinho doesn't take care of the stadium and club finances, his problem is just about players and matches. And so for the most part of managers today.
Another strong point is the easy way of executing commands. Something really important, as we don't have a mouse in ps2.
I'm still in the start of season, cuz i don't have much time to play...and I have to say, the game is not easy, hehehe.

Playing as Celta, I'm in 5th place after 7 matches. Just lost to Cadiz (20th). :P

I haven't played LMA 2006 as there is no NTSC version, but the matches, the in-game part of PESM is really difficult to be beaten.

Back
Top Bottom