PES6 Tricks, moves, and various changes from PES5 (including video examples)

For those who do not know, the drop shoulder is generally performed, when running from left to right, by first letting the player kick the ball once, then as he is approaching the ball again, pressing down (in this case, 90 degrees to the right of player movement), and then moving the stick back to the direction of movement at the right time, just before the player kicks the ball forward again. The key is moving the stick back at the right time, the first stick move to the side can be timed very liberally, seemingly at any point after the players kicks the ball ahead.

I'm sorry but that means sweet FA to me, can anyone explain it any better?

never mind I've figured it out - how do you do the Cruyff turn then?

Glad you figured it out. It's quite alot easier to do in PES6 I've noticed, you can pretty much move the stick in the proper way at any time and the player will perform the drop shoulder. In PES5 you had to be very exact with moving the stick back to the direction of movement just after the player was ready to move the ball after kicking it out a bit.

The Cruyff turn is performed by certain players. In PES6 I am petty sure you can only do it with a certain player (like Cruyff obviously :)) if you stand still or go from a running speed to letting everything go and the player slows down to a walking pace automatically. Once he is at a fairly slow walking pace, pressing the opposite direction and the R1 button at the same time, should make him backheel the ball in the opposite direction he is facing, and then he would do a sort of awkward spin around.

In PES5 it was possible to do it after doing the "Dragback move" (stand still, hold R2 and press in the opposite direction of where the player is facing and he will drag the ball back with the sole of his shoe whilst taking a small leap backwards). After he did that move (or while), you let everything go (I think...) and held the stick so that the stick as aimed to the side and back of the player's back (basically, 145 degrees from his direction of movement). That would also make certain players do the awkward turn.

But in PES6 you cannot go from "Dragback" to moving in 145 degree angles from the way you are facing. So not sure really. You will have to experiment. If anything, the simple walk slowly and press R1 plus opposite direction simultaneously should work.

It's the Matthews Feint and is new to PES 6. It's very easy to perform, just press up down or down up when your player is stationary very quickly to do it. :)

Back
Top Bottom