PC PES6 - stuttering problem

mracho

Premiership
10 March 2005
Czech Republic
Hello,

about a month ago, my PES6 started stuttering a bit during the gameplay, particularly when there are a lot of players displayed on the screen at one moment. I was surprised since the problem appeared suddenly, I'm not aware of anything that could have caused it. I've tried playing with the Catalyst Control Center as well as other graphical settings, but nothing helped.

I don't think my laptop is too weak to handle PES6 since I can run PES2012 or FIFA 12 fluently on high details (and after all, PES6 itself used to run fluently, too). The weird thing is that even if I set the LOD mixer to the default values (1/2/3/4/5), the resolution to 1024×768 and the level of detail to low (!), the stuttering still occurs! I have a HP ProBook 4530s with Windows 7 64bit, if anyone would like to see some further info, I'll gladly provide it.

I'm really quite desperate now. :D Sure, the game is playable even with the stuttering, but it's definitely not as enjoyable as before. I'd be really grateful if someone gave me a piece of advice.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks a lot for trying to help, but the only solution they offer in that discussion is to download the No-CD exe, which already is used by all the major patches nowadays (and therefore I already have it too).

Thanks once more for replying, though. :TU:

Hi

I had the same problem with pes 11, micro-stuttering appeared from nowhere. I tried a load of things but nothing would cure the stuttering until I shut down msi afterburner and ran the game and it ran butter smooth. I then uninstalled afterburner and installed the new beta version and the game is running better than ever. Try this if you are running afterburner and let me know if it worked.

Thanks a lot for your tip, but I don't use the Afterburner... maybe I could try downloading and installing the latest version of it and see if it helps. Will it have any impact on a Radeon graphics card, though?

EDIT: It looks like my problem is solved, I've changed some settings in the Catalyst Control Center and the Intel graphics settings tool and, to my surprise, the stuttering is almost gone and I'm able to enjoy PES6 again. :))

I would publish the solution to the problem here, but I don't know it myself. :D So, if anyone has a similar problem, I can only wish you good luck.

Finally, I'd like to thank both cabmanuk and Smudge35 once more for their willingness to help, even if their tips didn't help me in the end. :TU:

Last edited:
Actually, if anyone's interested, the thing that did the trick for me was the video card setting - if I manually set my laptop to use the "high performance" video card for all applications, PES6 runs fine without stuttering... I still don't get it though, as I've always had PES6.exe set to the high performance video card anyway so I don't think the laptop used the integrated one.

Back
Top Bottom