PES6 - Reviews and First Impressions

Love the game WOW! The game feels better than WE10, meaning I have to start a new Master League. Oh well!

Has shooting been touched up a little, or is it me?

ashmufc said:
Love the game WOW! The game feels better than WE10, meaning I have to start a new Master League. Oh well!

havent taken enough shots yet... but i was playing all last night, i went home from lunch and well i wasnt as in to it... maybe cause i wasnt in the right state of mind...

ashmufc said:

what you mean by touched up?

I've played maybe 20 games myself so far and already I've scored maybe 5-6 niceeeeee long-range shot goals. Something I never was good at much and had hard time troubling oppositions consistently with in previous versions.

So if that's what you mean.. yeh at least in my opinion it is.

What I find in this new game (PES6) so far is that IF you have a player (outside box) and nobody is near you! So defenders basically aren't doing their job properly cuz none are near enough to you to close you down and you pull the trigger (not too much or too little) you have a VERY good chance of scoring. So I've scored quite a few already from outside the box as I said and one was nearly from half-way line. :shock:

it's been said that not only the passing, but also the shooting system was changed !

Last edited:
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the Nike Total 90 Aerow ball IS in the game - it's available in the Spanish League (maybe in the others, but I haven't played any others), so I guess you'll be able to unlock it down the line.

And IMHO, the game is everything WE10 should've been, GREAT!

PLF said:
what you mean by touched up?
Hard to explain what exactly, but the long-range shots are easier mayber, and more effective.

And sorry, but can you unlock 6* in PES Shop, or is there only 5 difficulties?

Anyway, my frist game with my team Man Utd vs Lyon on top difficulty. 5-0! VDS is amazing in goal.

Then England vs Portugal, complete different affair, 1-0 to Portugal last minute :shock:

Then Barca vs R. Madrid, 0-2. I don't know how I beat Lyon 5-0, maybe they are underrated?

V1RTU4L said:
it's been said that not only the passing, but also the shooting system was changed !

the passing and shooting system have both been changed, and they are far, far worse than in PES5.

The passes are way too short, its like there is glue in the pitch, and the shooting has gone back to PES4 style, which was awful.

Right I'll say this:

Once everyone gets an option file then they will stop complaining! It happens every year, they complain for a few weeks, get used to it then get updates and then it's the best game ever made. Just be patient.

ForeverEvo said:
Right I'll say this:

Once everyone gets an option file then they will stop complaining! It happens every year, they complain for a few weeks, get used to it then get updates and then it's the best game ever made. Just be patient.

an option file that sorts out the horrible gameplay?

studeep said:
:square: :square: :circle: :circle: :r2:+:circle: , just as he reaches out with his head, press :r1:+:l1:+:l2:+:r2: and then that unlocks his opening mouth animation, then before that press start and go to quit game, then return to main menu, in main menu press select 20 times, but every time you press it make sure the analoge is turned on and off sequencially while pressing :r2: and :l2: at the same time, (this is the easiest step) after that rest your controller on the MIDDLE of your ps2 (Make sure it's in the middle) and then pick it up without touching it, and keep tapping :x: till the CGI video starts, and walaa!! there defo biting martin jol...very easy :mrgreen:

lol

studeep said:
:square: :square: :circle: :circle: :r2:+:circle: , just as he reaches out with his head, press :r1:+:l1:+:l2:+:r2: and then that unlocks his opening mouth animation, then before that press start and go to quit game, then return to main menu, in main menu press select 20 times, but every time you press it make sure the analoge is turned on and off sequencially while pressing :r2: and :l2: at the same time, (this is the easiest step) after that rest your controller on the MIDDLE of your ps2 (Make sure it's in the middle) and then pick it up without touching it, and keep tapping :x: till the CGI video starts, and walaa!! there defo biting martin jol...very easy :mrgreen:
i thot that was the zidane headbutt. :lol:

ashmufc said:
Hard to explain what exactly, but the long-range shots are easier mayber, and more effective.
Yeah that's what I meant to express in my post above.

I'm finding they're easier to be dangerous with or seem more effective especially if nobody is closing you down or near you. Obviously before it was easier to score when nobody is closing you down as well (since it's a realistic law of football) but now it seems that law takes even more weight and rightly so.

So now even with some avg players with avg shooting attributes, if nobody is closing you down or near you and you shoot (even from outside box), there seems to be a very good chance of scoring anyway.

ashmufc said:
Anyway, my frist game with my team Man Utd vs Lyon on top difficulty. 5-0! VDS is amazing in goal.

Then England vs Portugal, complete different affair, 1-0 to Portugal last minute :shock:

Then Barca vs R. Madrid, 0-2. I don't know how I beat Lyon 5-0, maybe they are underrated?
Maybe? You don't watch them too often do you? ;)

Apart from Juninho and a couple exceptions here and there, most are nothing like real life and not very well researched at all.

Abidal (France and Lyon's #1 left back) for example still has the stats of a CB and in fact his main position is set as one! :lol:

Cris is brown in game (3rd skin) :mrgreen: and Malouda is 184cm! :lol:

The database and accuracy of this team and many others compared to real life is horrible as usual but that's expected by now and is no longer surprising. And anyway this is a different subject for another time and another place and not this thread..... so we'll leave it at that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: One more thing about 'headers'.
Don Domenico said:
All of them far over the bar :mrgreen:.
I'm not having too much success with attacking headers either. I think I've only scored one proper nice powerful accurate header so far!

Defensively, I'm still very good with my headers and timing of it to anticipate, get ahead of opposition strikers and clear it but attacking-wise, not have gotten in grips with it yet either. :p

Last edited:
I don't like it :(

I feel it's a step back with pes. There's less scope for being skillful and winning, since the players run around with lead ballons tied to their feet. It seems to just revolve around passing, turning, passing - all the time (like the old kickoff games)

Hopefully, this is just first impressions.

This time you have to acctualy be good to go pass your opponents.

The game is much better than pes5 becuase pes5 just simplifies everything, while pes6 leans more toward reality.

Last edited:
A vastly better game of football imo. It encourages you to play a more expansive game, and the long balls fly lower and faster, which lets you change the plays across the pitch more effectively.

Really impressed.

One thing though... I didn't realise Anfield was built in 1996 ;)

PLF said:
I'm not having too much success with attacking headers either. I think I've only scored one proper nice powerful accurate header so far!

Defensively, I'm still very good with my headers and timing of it to anticipate, get ahead of opposition strikers and clear it but attacking-wise, not have gotten in grips with it yet either. :p

Just scored my first header from open play! .. Though it was one of those 'run the ball into the open net' headers.

Edit: Anyone else notice that it's still more useful to play amf's on the flank instead of a lmf and rmf on the respective flanks? Or is it just me?

Last edited:
I really really like this game, much better than WE10, I love this new style of gameplay that ive never seen in any PES game, its much more similar to WE9 J League! Havent played much, just 7-8 matches, but im really liking this game, also good to see crowds back in!! Really happy with this PES!

The ball is heavier when you play in rainy conditions.

Also the weather seem to change a lot during matches. I was playing match with the Swiss against Crotia...the weather started of really rainy, then it clamed down later in the half...then the same thing happened in the second half, but in reverse.

Has the heading been altered? I think I remember reading somewhere before that Seabass was wanting to overhaul it, and it feels different to me...

Anyone else noticed? How do you normally head (hold x, or press x at last second..?)

This is probably the best pes to date, its a nice mix of pes4 and pes5. Its kept some of the good things from pes 5(yes there were some, although it was the worst of the series)im enjoying it at the minute.

They really "fixed" the referee this time, there is hardly any fouls in the game now. I just played 3 matches with no fouls at all. It seems in PES6 I can only foul if I tackle with circle button and get a yellow card. I always think the PES5 ref is fine(except in some advantage situations of course.)

I absolutely think like Matrix

matrix808 said:
For me PES6 is ok, but not as good as we10
The speed is great, but reaction speed of players sucks for me
little changes on the last moment of a move are very difficult,
i score, i dribble, but with less accuracy.

I played almost all versions since we1 and I know that most of the
times people are complaining with every new version.
I never had that, always saw the little improvements in gameplay as
a plus.
Now dont know played arround 50 games, bought pes6 only for online
but at the moment i am doubting to go back to we10

probably in a month time it will be the best one i ever played
for the moment in doubt.

Back
Top Bottom