PES6 - Reviews and First Impressions

i havent played we10, but i really hope that they fix the first touch of the players. i got really annoyed when i would make a direct pass to my forward and it would hit the back of his heels or go thru his legs. even when pressing :r2:

studeep said:
because it dosent happen in real life?..... just a guess mate :lol:

It does happen in real life.

Brazil wore white shorts against Costa Rica.

England wore white shorts against greece.

United always switch between their white and black shorts.

Well, after about 20 (or more) 2vs2, I must say that i'm really disapointed, matches after matches to hope that we gonna be more and more able to stop so much of those so quicks offenses, we were not able to do so.. this game is definitly not the one to enjoy 2vs2 playing, we gonna practice a little more but the thing coming out matches after matches is that this one is too much turn to an offensive way, not as much as WE10, but for us, this is too much, welcome back WE9JL while waiting for WE10JL.

nazzo said:
It does happen in real life.

Brazil wore white shorts against Costa Rica.

England wore white shorts against greece.

United always switch between their white and black shorts.
Yeah, what i meant to say was majority of teams dont do it, therefore its not as vital imo

Daisuk said:
To the haters; Did you or didn't you like PES5?

Yes, I liked PES5, except for the referee problem - too many fouls granted.

In PES5, the enjoyment was to take a small team and compete against Milan AC, Barca & Co players. You had to rely on passing play, intelligent construction, shots were especially difficult to perform so that scoring was a real burst of pride.

The problem with PES5, it was way too easy to score with players such as Van Nistleroy. Against well ranked players, I scored at least once or twice.

Playing with Nantes was contrarywise a real pleasure and pure simulation.

Now in PES6, passing play is horrible, defensive position is a complete joke (indeed you can no longer intercept passes because passing play is automated) whereas offensive play has become increasingly reliant on dribbling.

Thre is no place granted for smart passing play. I repeat, take a defensive player with NO ability for dribbling. You will see him running hispeed and dribbling anyone whereas he should not be able to do that in real life.

My guess is that PES6 pleases Fifa fans really bent towards arcade game. In a 2vs2 match, mark my words, we'll often see 6-5 or 7-4 scores.

But is it football or handball :(

Well, after about 20 (or more) 2vs2, I must say that i'm really disapointed, matches after matches to hope that we gonna be more and more able to stop so much of those so quicks offenses, we were not able to do so

Yep,

Very arcadish indeed. Too bad ...

Doubla R said:
Wait, we can't change socks and shorts no more on the PS2 version!?

No.

But don't worry, it will back again in PES7 and used as a main selling point.

One of these days, Konami will decide to take the goalposts out of the game and then re-introduce them in the next version.

Crap. That sucks I really liked the fact that we could use the away shorts with the home kit and visa versa.. Why do they take out good updates.. I'm very dissapointed.

winston said:
One of these days, Konami will decide to take the goalposts out of the game and then re-introduce them in the next version.

:D Even though that point has been made many times, I haven't laughed at any of the variations other than yours.

The thing that I really don't like about this game is mainly the speed of the passing. Even when I have the ball at my feet and noone near me it's still so slow, it borders on unresponsive, and that's something I definitely don't associate with PES/WE.
While WE10 had it's faults, I like the passing speed in that game, you can string together realistic passes, and if you use the manual pass in setting up certain passes it just looks golden and feels satisfying.

winston said:
No.

But don't worry, it will back again in PES7 and used as a main selling point.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :applause:

Ok, over to the real business, i just bought the game and played a game, so here's my First Impression:

I played the Dutch classic Ajax vs Feyenoord in the Kuip. The overall graphics in both menu's and game are slightly better then before, seems a little sharper to me. When i got to formations screen it was quite different, and there seem to be some now options. But luckily all the old stuff was still there aswell ;)

When u start playing it feels very different, players seem heavier ( i really felt the difference between guys like Stam and Sneijder) And overall gameplay is slower than pes5. After 15 mins, i found some space with Sneijder and scored a sweet left-footed curler in the topcorner, nice way to start the game. But the cpu (it was on 4* although its now called Professional or whatever it was) immediately hit back with a weird goal. They played a long ball from halfway line, and De Guzman beat Stam in the air and scored a header from like 18 yards out, headers seem much more powerfull now! The rest of the game was pretty even without any big chances occuring...

Ok, thats it for now, hope it was a nice read :)

feel free to ask any questions....(but not about stats/faces and the like)

considering that: 1) lack some players (belluschi, tchite, sebo etc.) 2) autria, Slovakia, slovenia and others national-teams son not been just touched 3) considering minor the job that they have made because lacks the bundesliga was need makes us to wait for all this time for this ugly game therefore?

Got my copy of the ps2 version just now. Played two matches, lost both :mrgreen:.

The game is nothing more of an update of pes5, a good update though. I have the impression that all the nigglings things that used to annoy me have been ironed out. I played the game on top player by the way straight away.

it's nice to see the transfers updated this time (with a few exceptions), and for fist time!
i'm wondering one thing..did you notice that ferdinand height is 1,98 m
whata????? a bug, a mistake?
he's 1,91.

i think people are expecting too much from konami/pes..

just be happy with what u got, if not, go and play another game :)

Milku said:
it's nice to see the transfers updated this time (with a few exceptions), and for fist time!
i'm wondering one thing..did you notice that ferdinand height is 1,98 m
whata????? a bug, a mistake?
he's 1,91.

Add that to players having the wrong skin colour and South American players all being 20 years old in previous versions :lol:

I agree with what has been said about the passing issue. What really bothers me, though, is the fact that Konami has yet again left the default ML team unchanged. Wtf, Konami? This hasn't been changed once in the entire history of the ML mode (afaik, this goes back to Pt. III at least). Starting on the highest difficulty it's near impossible (& absolutely boring) to play through to the 1st negotiation period. If it's too much work to change the default team to a team that contains at least some players who know how to play a little then why don't switch to ML starting at the end of a season. At least that would give us the opportunity to buy some new players. My 2cents.

For me PES6 is ok, but not as good as we10
The speed is great, but reaction speed of players sucks for me
little changes on the last moment of a move are very difficult,
i score, i dribble, but with less accuracy.

I played almost all versions since we1 and I know that most of the
times people are complaining with every new version.
I never had that, always saw the little improvements in gameplay as
a plus.
Now dont know played arround 50 games, bought pes6 only for online
but at the moment i am doubting to go back to we10

probably in a month time it will be the best one i ever played
for the moment in doubt.

ahh this game is great, the slow passing you get used to after a while and know which passes to make and which not too... the game is smoother then WE10, no slowdown that i can tell. One think I have noticed, it seems easier to dribble in this version.... I cant wait for a fully patched version

personally I think it's great.

Yes, its been more of an ironing out job by Konami rather than a re-work, but I think they've done it marvellously. I disagree with people saying that the game is almost the same as pes5. I actually think there has been a quite large change in gameplay. Passing has been reworked (in particular long balls which are incredibly effective, keepers are much better, and dribbling is easier. Creating a scoring chance however remains tough, and this is only on 'regular' difficulty level.

I agree with Chrisw_bwfc.
I just love them long balls. Floating in the air.. just over the last defender.. while youre striker is picking it up and go 1 on 1 against the goalie. ! Can't wait for an option file.

s0ulstarr said:
I agree with Chrisw_bwfc.
I just love them long balls. Floating in the air.. just over the last defender.. while youre striker is picking it up and go 1 on 1 against the goalie. ! Can't wait for an option file.
using circle or using L1 triangle?

newLok said:
whats the buttons to bite with defoe?
:square: :square: :circle: :circle: :r2:+:circle: , just as he reaches out with his head, press :r1:+:l1:+:l2:+:r2: and then that unlocks his opening mouth animation, then before that press start and go to quit game, then return to main menu, in main menu press select 20 times, but every time you press it make sure the analoge is turned on and off sequencially while pressing :r2: and :l2: at the same time, (this is the easiest step) after that rest your controller on the MIDDLE of your ps2 (Make sure it's in the middle) and then pick it up without touching it, and keep tapping :x: till the CGI video starts, and walaa!! there defo biting martin jol...very easy :mrgreen:

yeah i've scored a fair amount, its about timing this time around, in PES5 personally i just tap the hell outta my :square: button after a corner hass been hit, but i dont think thats goin' to work anymore, well not for me as i got pissed of after a while with corners, you've got to time is fairly perfectly just before the ball gets to your player hit the :square: button and that should do the trick for you, but also you can use the :r2: button to position your players as well like in PES5 to get ahead of the defender/opponent hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom