PES6 - Reviews and First Impressions

To all those people posting comments like "I've been playing PES6, and it's no better / slower / no pitchside doctors / Vicks Vaporub on the players shirts etc" I have one thing to say to you

YOU DID NOT BUY THE GAME AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CRITICISE!!!!

The OP in this thread stated that Konami will not get another penny of your money, well WHY SHOULD THEY CARE? Because you haven't paid for the product that you're quick to condemn. Konami are under no licence agreement with YOU to even release PES6 or 7 or whatever.. They do it to make money, but the spend money to get there. If the absolute upgrade / updated copy of PES that you clamour for took 3 years to complete woul dyou be happy? or would you whine like a little girl with a scraped knee that "I WANT PES NOW STUPID KONAMI"?

This happens all the time.. For years people pissed their pants for a new Star Wars film, then when one was produced they whined like babies because it didn't meet their expectations.. What do you want Seabass to say? "oh, I'm sorry you don't like what we did, let us pull the 1,000,000s of copies off the shelves, depriving the FANS of our series from the update that they're quite GRATEFUL to receive, take the game back into development from scratch, bring you (and the rest of the whining fcuks) in as consultants, spend another 1,000,000 on coding, licences and development so you can ILLEGALY DOWNLOAD that copy and whine that it doesn't contain schoolboy sunday league teams or ronaldo doesn't wink at the bench when he dives and moans for a player to be sent off, and the stupid referee AI falls for it"?

The fact that you have DOWNLOADED AN ILLEGAL COPY just proves that you couldn't give a flying fcuk about game development and therefore Konami don't give a fcuk about you!

Scouseman said:
To all those people posting comments like "I've been playing PES6, and it's no better / slower / no pitchside doctors / Vicks Vaporub on the players shirts etc" I have one thing to say to you

The OP in this thread stated that Konami will not get another penny of your money, well WHY SHOULD THEY CARE? Because you haven't paid for the product that you're quick to condemn. Konami are under no licence agreement with YOU to even release PES6 or 7 or whatever.. They do it to make money, but the spend money to get there. If the absolute upgrade / updated copy of PES that you clamour for took 3 years to complete woul dyou be happy? or would you whine like a little girl with a scraped knee that "I WANT PES NOW STUPID KONAMI"?

This happens all the time.. For years people pissed their pants for a new Star Wars film, then when one was produced they whined like babies because it didn't meet their expectations.. What do you want Seabass to say? "oh, I'm sorry you don't like what we did, let us pull the 1,000,000s of copies off the shelves, depriving the FANS of our series from the update that they're quite GRATEFUL to receive, take the game back into development from scratch, bring you (and the rest of the whining fcuks) in as consultants, spend another 1,000,000 on coding, licences and development so you can ILLEGALY DOWNLOAD that copy and whine that it doesn't contain schoolboy sunday league teams or ronaldo doesn't wink at the bench when he dives and moans for a player to be sent off, and the stupid referee AI falls for it"?

The fact that you have DOWNLOADED AN ILLEGAL COPY just proves that you couldn't give a flying fcuk about game development and therefore Konami don't give a fcuk about you!

thank you
/clap /bow

Scouseman said:
"oh, I'm sorry you don't like what we did, let us pull the 1,000,000s of copies off the shelves, depriving the FANS of our series from the update that they're quite GRATEFUL to receive, take the game back into development from scratch, bring you (and the rest of the whining fcuks) in as consultants, spend another 1,000,000 on coding, licences and development so you can ILLEGALY DOWNLOAD that copy and whine that it doesn't contain schoolboy sunday league teams or ronaldo doesn't wink at the bench when he dives and moans for a player to be sent off, and the stupid referee AI falls for it"?

LOL. This is one of the funniest (and longest) sentences i have ever read on evoweb. And there is some truth in it.

Scouseman said:

Relax mate. Just because i can't wait to play pes6 and downloaded it to get an early taste does not mean i am not going to buy it. I believe that goes for most people here. I mean, most people who register on a soccervideo game forum will want to play that game online aswell right? So even if i did not want to support Konami by buying theire game (which i do) i would have to buy it in order to play online.

mazanga said:
So even if i did not want to support Konami by buying theire game (which i do) i would have to buy it in order to play online.
That's not true mate, you can play with back-up copies online.
But it's right to support the developers if you like the game.

Scouseman said:
Some of us get review copies, some of us are games testers. Some of the reviewers and games testers think the game has made minimal improvement and should be sold at, therefore, a minimal price. We want to see big improvements in the gameplay, especially on next-gen consoles. It's what we've bought the next-gen consoles for. So Konami don't give a fuck about reviewers and games testers either then, and that pretty much rubbishes your whole argument.

I love how people are trying to find a million excuses and reasons for Konami putting no work at all into PES6. The gameplay changes (slower gameplay, resetting the goalkeeper AI to what it was a year ago, worse reaction times) must have taken them no longer than a day, a week or (at a very, very long stretch) a month. The artists have done tons of work making the 360 graphics, the programmers must have been sitting there laughing their heads off at how much work they had to do.

Last edited:
This last statement seems to sum it all.

I have read the 4 pages and I agree with Drekkard. Passing is ridiculous, Dribbling is overdone.

I am a medium player. I have been playing with Nantes (a French team now ranked last in L1) and I must say that this is very arcadish. On playing with a medium-bad team such as Nantes, you have to structure your passing-play, develop a tactical play which honours football game.

Here, with PES6 we only have great players which are overrated. Henry's speed may be realistic but it is pure shame to see players as slow as Pagis (who is however a very gifted, smart player) run at incredible pace.

My promise, I select Cetto, Nantes CB, and I can dribble through the whole pitch at incredible pace, only to score with a shot in the box at last.

Wow. What a terrible gameplay.

Someone has made a relevant statement, underlining that Konami has put all its efforts on the Next-Gen installments. This happened exactly the same for EA games this year. It's a shame to see PES6, NHL07 and so on with so little improvement on the graphics and gameplay.

I can only wait and grab a PS3 only to see WE11.

JackBauer is right with his signature. Everyone goes with the crowd buying each year a new installment not knowing really why.

I'm sure some among us are very fond of arcade so that it is painful for them to admit as a PES fan. Sometimes it is hard to play realistic simulations. Here, PES6 only turns out to be a game made for nags. Other than that, how come I would win my first matches with so much scoring? I hate to say that since I'll commit myself on buying PES6, but only for online play.

A real shame, I'm telling you.

Last edited:
Jack Bauer said:
Some of us get review copies, some of us are games testers. Some of the reviewers and games testers think the game has made minimal improvement and should be sold at, therefore, a minimal price. We want to see big improvements in the gameplay, especially on next-gen consoles. It's what we've bought the next-gen consoles for. So Konami don't give a fuck about reviewers and games testers either then, and that pretty much rubbishes your whole argument.

I love how people are trying to find a million excuses and reasons for Konami putting no work at all into PES6. The gameplay changes (slower gameplay, resetting the goalkeeper AI to what it was a year ago, worse reaction times) must have taken them no longer than a day, a week or (at a very, very long stretch) a month. The artists have done tons of work making the 360 graphics, the programmers must have been sitting there laughing their heads off at how much work they had to do.
Jack, dont be a fucking ninny... PES6 Is vastly improved over PES5... Im sorry it is... its not miminal changes.... you keep muddying the waters, with WE10... its minor variation of that game... but a MAJOR variation of PES5...

mazanga said:
Drekkard. I think you are a slashing this game a little too much mate. Pes6 is not worse than WE10 as you stated. For starters Pes6 has more balance and its gamespeed is way more realistic. I disagree with you on several points but let's not get into that.

There is one thing however that you are ABSOLUTELY right about:

This is very evident in 1vs1 games and 1vsCPU games. Almost every low pass connects. The amount of 'pass assist' is ridiculous. Just play the ball remotely in the direction of a teammate and the CPU will make sure he gets the ball. If nescessary, the ball will go in open space and the receiving player will be given a headstart to collect it. At the same time, the defender will mysteriously be prevented from moving towards that same ball until his opponent has collected it, same goes for one touch passes. I have also noticed that if you perform a sliding tackle to intercept a ball, the ball will pass right through your foot. What has also occurs a lot is that when i performed a bad pass (ie to a player that was surrounded by defenders) the CPU would just help me and override my command. The ball would then very conveniently be passed to a player who was in a better position. Very scripted BS. This was on the highest difficulty setting.

I think it is a good thing that you can perform better passing combinations. The downside is that, in pes6, this requires little skill. As long as you make sure that the receiving player is not in an impossible position, your pass will connect. Not because you applied enough weight or direction to the pass but simply because the CPU makes sure that he gets it. It makes you feel that you are not in control when you are attacking and (especially when you are) defending. If you play a human, he can just keep on passing the ball, if he is carefull. It will be very very difficult to intercept it until he has reached your penalty erea. This does not only apply to strong sides like Chelsea or Barca. You can do the same with PSV.

I still like the game, but i am worried about this.It's easier to intercept passes in 2vs2 games btw.

This is coming from a very experienced player.
yeah and dude this is exactlyy what the FIFA 07 praisers LOVE about FIFA 07..... hilarious...

Scouseman said:

Some ppl downloaded the iso but will buy the game when it's available... it's my case, I downloaded it just to have it asap, but I will buy and play the PC version.

Last edited:
csaunders said:
Jack, dont be a fucking ninny... PES6 Is vastly improved over PES5... Im sorry it is... its not miminal changes.... you keep muddying the waters, with WE10... its minor variation of that game... but a MAJOR variation of PES5...
I've seen plenty of people play PES6 having never played PES5 and go "is this it?", so I disagree completely. You're entitled to your opinion though. "Ninny".

Scouseman said:

Stop being plain dumb (there is always one like this once in a while).

The fact that many of us tried the beta doesn't mean we don't buy the official product. I always try torrents and I always buy PES. That has nothing to do with the quality of the product itself, since there will be obviously ppl buying the official copy that will criticize some things. What does that have to do with anything?

And to make things clear I'm not one of those criticizing the gameplay itself: i consider PES6 a mild improvement over WE10 (in some areas) and a big improvement on PES5. But that doesn't keep me from seeing exackly were Konami were lazy and unprofessional and why are they not putting all their effort in delivering a better game. Money talk.

Last edited:
csaunders said:
... PES6 Is vastly improved over PES5... Im sorry it is... its not miminal changes.... you keep muddying the waters, with WE10... its minor variation of that game... but a MAJOR variation of PES5...

"vastly improved"...."MAJOR variation" :lmao:

yddaki said:
That's not true mate, you can play with back-up copies online.
But it's right to support the developers if you like the game.

I didn't know that. I always buy the PC and the xbox version to play online and i thought you had to have the origional game to go online.

Well, Konami has given me such an enormous amount of gaming pleasure these past five years or so that i have always supported them by buying their games.

well, it's not so much the passing I dislike. It's the pass-assistance that pisses me off. And the fact that the CPU prevents team A to intercept passes of team B. It makes me feel that i am not in control and gives the whole low passing with X an arcade-like character.

But hey, it's all a matter of taste so i respect your opinion mate.

mazanga said:
well, it's not so much the passing I dislike. It's the pass-assistance that pisses me off. And the fact that the CPU prevents team A to intercept passes of team B. It makes me feel that i am not in control and gives the whole low passing with X an arcade-like character.

But hey, it's all a matter of taste so i respect your opinion mate.

No such problems for me in manual playing mode.

All those people whining and telling PES6 is a bad game, should shut up and compare PES6 with it's European predecessor (PES5) and not with it's Japanese counterpart (WE10). How the hell could you expect that in a period of 6 months, Konami will completely revamp the game?! It's just not possible!

So for all those, quit importing/downloading the Japanese version OR at least shut the f*** up about the comparison PES6-WE10!

let me just say b4 i begin that i have been playing iss/pro from the days of the snes up to the present day.every year i get both pro and winning but never play pro and go round my firends houses and laugh at them for playing pro and not having access to winning eleven. been playing WE10 since it come out and after reading all the comments on here decided to try out the new pro evo......for me the day may have come when winning sit in the cd jaclet and pro takes it place in the disc tray. for me i was dissapointed in WE10. faster gameplay, which is now gone.....i thought the passing was slack, this has now gone as well, found it to easier to score in winning, and at the present i've sent some shots in pes out of the stadium. its almost like they made released winning as pro and now are realeasing a pro game which in my opinion is more like how i expect winning eleven to play.

don't know why paul robinson is still so pathetic though lol

for me PES6 is a big step forward - and I HAVE played WE10.

It seems they did some (great) tweaks to the AI ( -> the difficulty selection has changed) :

- better AI of your team mates: midfielders stay as backups when your sidebacks ride an attack, strikers/forwards try to get the ball in their own half. I've seen a forward doing a quick move to let a shoot pass by
- players really feel different: e.g. players with high pace/acceration are FASTER/harder to catch
- I noticed the CPU changing its formation during play (Ronaldinho switched from the left to the right as Gudjohnson came in)

The keeper is simply FANTASIC. Great new animations, superb (one-handed ;) ) saves, but also some faults (that could happen in a real match too)

I am not a hater. I love this game. The only thing i really dislike is some aspects about the low passing.

And yeah I did like pes5 very much but in my opinion pes6 is a major improvement.

Back
Top Bottom