PES6 on PS2 - First Impressions! Scans Inside!

I haven't been a while here so I've got some questions:

-Will there be some differences in the gameplay between PES6 and WE10? Is the defence the only updated?
-I've noticed a problem with the strikers cause if my winger is running on the side and want to cross or pass to the striker the striker alwayse moves backwards somehow. He never possisions good always running behind very strange. How come?

Amsterdammer said:
-I've noticed a problem with the strikers cause if my winger is running on the side and want to cross or pass to the striker the striker alwayse moves backwards somehow. He never possisions good always running behind very strange. How come?

Are you talking about WE10? I found something similar. In PES5 one of my favourite goals was a lofted through ball down the wing, running to the byline and putting in a near-post cross for the striker to head the ball into the net, but this just doesn't work in WE10. I found instead that an early ball into the box is much better, so speed down the wing and cross BEFORE you get to the 18 yard line, and dont use the near-cross either, so soingle tap the :circle: key. Sure, my headers usually go over, but that's my bad timing :D.

Yes indeed I was talking about WE10. Hmm so single tap huh ok. What do you mean with the timing of headers? Is there actually some jump timing or something? If I crossed the ball I always imediately tapped the shoot button like crazy. That's wrong? How actually? Thnx bro

I found to get my headers accurately on target now requires more than just hammering it like crazy (like I always did before!). Now it seems to require more control or the ball goes over the bar, especially from corners.

BBK said:
I found to get my headers accurately on target now requires more than just hammering it like crazy (like I always did before!). Now it seems to require more control or the ball goes over the bar, especially from corners.

Well can you explain how it works precisely? Thnx bro

If I could I think I would improve my goal scoring ratio from headers. Unfortunately I would say 9/10 my attacking headers go wide or way over the bar. But when I work it out properly I'll share it with you all :D.

Its very easy kev, god you are an amateur :D Even though i dont use the header function as much, big majority of my goals are from shooting, the best result for scoring headers ive had has to be by using the super-cancel to position the striker just behind (away from goal&ball) from where the cross is going. By doing this the striker runs in and has more power and can direct the ball better. When i dont use this and the striker is already in position the ball usually goes over aswell. So in other words, if you are taking a corner try to make sure the attacker you're aiming at is a bit further away so he can run in, or when crossing the ball, quickly use the super cancel and postion the striker away from where the cross is going and then press []. Its differcult to master, and something i havent, but that seems to work far more often then just timing your header correctly and hoping for the best. It also works really well to postition your striker infront of the defender. On emajor problem i have with WE is the lack of difference between single O and double O, both end up going to the far player, even if i aim the d-pad to centre it for the main striker.

I must be am amateur, I still haven't really gotten used to the super-cancel at all. I only use it to stop my players knocking a ball out of touch.

sorry for asking a silly question but how do u super cancel?

About TEAM ROSTERS...

Can we expect full 31 Aug rosters for PES6 or should we fear the arrival of another PES played all around the year with semi "last season" rosters?

JayM said:
The major transfers will probably done with Konami forgetting about less popular teams. We can always update. :)
Not for online games though, bet Konami go the same route they did last year and force all online games on all systems to 100% default data. They'd bloody better have perfect rosters! The game isn't out till late October at the earliest, the transfer window closes almost 2 months to the day before that, they've no excuse.

ohhh.. i see I have reasons to expect the worse.

The problem is not only online.. it's also official tournaments. One can accept all the unprofessional options Konami takes every year but this one, the rosters issue is one of those that one day will make a more nervous fan enter their offices holding a UZI :). How low can you get publishing a soccer game in late october with unfinished rosters? Yet, it has happened many times in the past.

Transfer deadline is 31 Aug. They simply have no damn excuse.

True, EA usually have all transfers done and there game comes out a couple of weeks before Konami's normally...

Imagine how the Americans feels when they get the same game in January with still no updates. :p

Well you ought to know, as hardcore fans of the series i suppose, that the FIFpro license makes you hand in players you are going to use a month in advance or something like that. It's something i read about 1½ year ago. That's why player transfers look out of date...

Well how does that work cannigia? I understand that for non in game players, but they are using the player anyway so they have to hand it in. Or is it also connected to club maybe?

Yes tiktiktik, there is a connection with the club...this is third or the fourth consecutive year that this discussion occurs since a member posted an interview with Seabass where he explained that Konami must ask permission let's say round 15 august for the FIFPRO license. They cannot change a single transfer after that date (i'm not sure of the exact date...it may be sooner than august 15...).
This has nothing to do with laziness...
Next year we will have the same discussion.

If this is true then why are some transfers up to date but not others? Even transfers that happened before some of the ones that have been done.

gerd said:
Yes tiktiktik, there is a connection with the club...this is third or the fourth consecutive year that this discussion occurs since a member posted an interview with Seabass where he explained that Konami must ask permission let's say round 15 august for the FIFPRO license. They cannot change a single transfer after that date (i'm not sure of the exact date...it may be sooner than august 15...).
This has nothing to do with laziness...
Next year we will have the same discussion.

How does that explain that FIFA is out on the same month with updated rosters?

How does that explain that in almost every version transfers weren't updated untill the date you mention.

I honestly don't believe that date at all, although I believe in the permission justification. If that date was true then games like FM would always be published with old rosters and they are not.

Konami simply doesn't care. They start producing the game too soon to meet the market needs instead of working extra to deliver an updated produt.

caniggia is right about the fifpro argument. i remember last year, konami's deadline for transfers was 17th august. they sneaked a couple of big transfers in after that date (owen to newcastle and essien to chelsea i think) but they could have got into trouble for that but i guess since it was just a couple, fifpro weren't too bothered and let it slide. since the game is out around the same time this year i imagine the deadline is about the same, mid august, therefore it will have passed and any transfers going on now won't be in the game. fifa games have more up to date transfers because obviously they've got the fifa license so they have a closer relationship with fifpro and rules are different for them under terms of the contract.

i can't believe though that people are still coming out with the same old 'konami are just lazy' response, even though on various issues there are people actually explaining the reasons why certain things are happening!

but obviously these people have no idea how the real world works, how business works etc and so still refuse to believe things even when explanations are offered, so what's the point? carry on thinking what you want about konami but then i guess you'll just be left frustrated and disappointed.

Konami are just lazy!! Nothing to do with the Licence side of things they are still just lazy....greedy corporate machines.. It always goes the same way as you get bigger, it's the corporate way I'm afraid. It starts out"hey guys let's make the best football Sim out there" then you have a hit... before you know it the accountants are talking numbers and it's a product not a passion, it's all about the next version and the next and the next. Konami have I've no doubt small tweaks already pipe lined for the next two to three years..... If we want any real improvement it will take a new face not EA who are on the same gravy train, to sit down and go "hey guys lets make the best Football Sim there is"....

Nick Cave said:
Konami are just lazy!! Nothing to do with the Licence side of things they are still just lazy....greedy corporate machines.. It always goes the same way as you get bigger, it's the corporate way I'm afraid. It starts out"hey guys let's make the best football Sim out there" then you have a hit... before you know it the accountants are talking numbers and it's a product not a passion, it's all about the next version and the next and the next. Konami have I've no doubt small tweaks already pipe lined for the next two to three years..... If we want any real improvement it will take a new face not EA who are on the same gravy train, to sit down and go "hey guys lets make the best Football Sim there is"....

What do you know about Konami? how many bad games have they made during the last 20 years? If you had any knowledge about the games industry you should know that Konami is one of the longest living and most powerfull economic forces in gaming today. They are divided into several small parts in the company. Each part of it produces it's own game and thus gets their financial supplys as to how high their fanbase is and how well their game sells.

After this... Now lets get down to buisness. I've got some screenshots from PES6 on my blogg. They cover Menu, Network play, and Ranking online. Check them out at...

http://allsvenskanpes.blogg.se

Caniggia said:
What do you know about Konami? how many bad games have they made during the last 20 years? If you had any knowledge about the games industry you should know that Konami is one of the longest living and most powerfull economic forces in gaming today. They are divided into several small parts in the company. Each part of it produces it's own game and thus gets their financial supplys as to how high their fanbase is and how well their game sells.

After this... Now lets get down to buisness. I've got some screenshots from PES6 on my blogg. They cover Menu, Network play, and Ranking online. Check them out at...

http://allsvenskanpes.blogg.se

and your argument...point is?? Did you read my post?? Has nothing to do with the size of the company bub.... has to do with a product that virtually sells itself by the bucket load and the fact that there is no incentive to change it...As the group making WE and PES got bigger they get less about wanting the best Sim and more pressure to keep the sales high and the costs down?? Unless of coarse you work for Konami's WE or PES side of things.... lazy git...

Nick Cave said:
and your argument...point is?? Did you read my post?? Has nothing to do with the size of the company bub.... has to do with a product that virtually sells itself by the bucket load and the fact that there is no incentive to change it...As the group making WE and PES got bigger they get less about wanting the best Sim and more pressure to keep the sales high and the costs down?? Unless of coarse you work for Konami's WE or PES side of things.... lazy git...

Thanks for that last compliment, you seem to be a nice guy.
Well I do consider myself to work for Konami from a fan point of view. I have certain contacts at Konami Sweden and that's why I attended the GC in Leipzig on the press day. That said, I could point out numerous changes within the last 3 PES/WE games that has made them all better football games. My argument and point with the last reply was that I thought you were accusing Konami of making games just for the money. Which company doesn't want to make money? Of course they tweak and change the game with every version what would be the point otherwise?

The X-Box 360 game has a totally new graphics engine and that takes up a lot of time to make for a new system, it isn't a port as many people think. It plays different and I thought the PES6 (PS2,PC) game were smoother.

At least we're getting something for spending our money with Konamis games... Well at least I do. As PES grows to next gen the games licenses will also grow. That's what I think.

I'd like to think I have lined Konami's pockets enough to be able to throw a few comments their way. And to be honest I'll be there buying the next incarnation, I've only skipped 2 PES's so far. And I must admit apart from the scripted things that seem to be getting more and more prevalent, nothing comes close to the game play side of things. It is the non playing side of things that in my opinion needs a massive amount of work, these are things that take weeks and months, not years to sort.... this is where I was firing my lazy tag!!:-k

Do you still have the scars from Benjamin Massing ;)

Back
Top Bottom