PES6 Editing & Konami

You may feel that PES5 is shit but (bearing in mind that I haven't played WE10) its by far the most realistic in the series, bar the minor flaws like refereeing decisions. On another note, you can't compare FIFA '07 to PES5, it doesn't make sense to do so.

I think we should all bombard Konami with e-mails from all sites that deal with pro evo so they deliver an editor via Xbox live for the kits. Its not a big thing but playing as Tyneside with a white top is pretty annoying when it should be stripped, I don't need perfection but the ability to change it should be in ......

isn't that a ps2 screenshot tho? i hope u havent just got my hopes up for the 360 :shock:

sorry about that my bad it was ps2

carry about your business nothing to see here

Last edited:
i've just noticed its for the ps2 god man wat are u doing giving us false hope! :(

I got all excited for about 2 seconds (still enjoyable \\:o/ ) and I would now like to boot you in the balls for giving me dodgy info. Well done :applause:

For me Konami are no better than EA on this. We fork out £200 plus on a new console, pay £40-£50 for the game and get screwed by them removing content! The 360 dev kits would've been available to Konami for 12 months plus, and they haven't been able to implicate a full edit mode for the game? Sorry I don't believe it. I'm close to cancelling my order. 360 owns football? Nonsense.

I wonder if it will be possible to convert PS2 Option File's to 360 format?

Does anyone know if this could be possible?

If Konami were legit regarding the editing takiong too long to include in the release, they should continue working on it, and release a v2 disk that can be traded-in on with the original v1 disk. Alternately they would release an update available on Xbox live that introduces the complete editing option on the 360 version.

This would certainly win back some of the fans of the series that have been lost courtesy of Konamis dodgy handling of the situation.

i do think konami will release a patch for pro evo next year with updated transfers but as for getting a proper edit mode, they'll leave that for we2007 for the ps3 since sony is there bestest buddies. Microsoft don't have a chance of getting a better pro evo than sony im sorry to say

The next version on X360 should be a lot better with all of the editing modes etc complete, and improved graphics and animations.

The real test will be whether the first version of PS3 is more complete than the X360 version.

The architecture of both systems is totally different, and so many things would have to be redone from scratch for the PS3. If it comes out and is the same as the second version on X360, then we will all know for certain that the Sea Biscuit and Konami were talking out of their a55 when they said they didn't have enough time to complete the X360 version. The truth is they probably didn't devote enough of their resources to it, as they feel that it won't generate the amount of income that the PS2 version will.

im hoping konami can make up for not having an edit mode and other things by putting some updates on the marketplace for us. would this be possible, does anyone know?

I think people need to get some perspective. Konami aren't trying to 'screw you over' intentionally. They would have an edit mode if they had time to incorperate one. They instead saw the GAMEPLAY was a priority and made sure that was up to scratch.

SkyBlueAds said:
For me Konami are no better than EA on this. We fork out £200 plus on a new console, pay £40-£50 for the game and get screwed by them removing content! The 360 dev kits would've been available to Konami for 12 months plus, and they haven't been able to implicate a full edit mode for the game? Sorry I don't believe it. I'm close to cancelling my order. 360 owns football? Nonsense.
I'll agree with you to some extent, KONAMI have completely missed the dogs bollocks tagline for this game and latched onto the dogs penis, but to be perfectly honest, if you bought a console with the sole purpose of playing Pro Evolution then clearly it's you who've wasted £200-£300. No?

psimonius said:
I think people need to get some perspective. Konami aren't trying to 'screw you over' intentionally. They would have an edit mode if they had time to incorperate one. They instead saw the GAMEPLAY was a priority and made sure that was up to scratch.
Yeah, with the exact same gameplay as WE10 but slower, with slower reactions and better goalkeeping AI (i.e. fixing what they broke, putting the AI back to that of WE9). Must have took them months to do that, no wonder they couldn't find time for an edit mode.

Let's make one thing clear, the only thing that has taken them any amount of time on the 360 version is the graphics, so they've not been "saintly" and only concentrated on gameplay. Far from it.

Sorry, but as a games company, even if that WAS the case and your programmers were working incredibly hard on the gameplay only - you hire an extra few programmers (doesn't cost the earth compared to the millions they make three times a year with each PES WE and WEJL release) and dedicate them to programming the edit mode. Even ONE programmer; it's a simple enough process for an experienced cross-platform programmer to convert the PS2 edit mode to the 360, Microsoft have been giving them all the tools, even talking about making special controllers for them, so they're not to blame.

There isn't an excuse. They've either done this to piss 360 owners off, or it's down to laziness.

You decide.

Last edited:
Jack Bauer said:
Yeah, with the exact same gameplay as WE10 but slower, with slower reactions and better goalkeeping AI (i.e. fixing what they broke, putting the AI back to that of WE9). Must have took them months to do that, no wonder they couldn't find time for an edit mode.

Let's make one thing clear, the only thing that has taken them any amount of time on the 360 version is the graphics, so they've not been "saintly" and only concentrated on gameplay. Far from it.

Sorry, but as a games company, even if that WAS the case and your programmers were working incredibly hard on the gameplay only - you hire an extra few programmers (doesn't cost the earth compared to the millions they make three times a year with each PES WE and WEJL release) and dedicate them to programming the edit mode. Even ONE programmer; it's a simple enough process for an experienced cross-platform programmer to convert the PS2 edit mode to the 360, Microsoft have been giving them all the tools, even talking about making special controllers for them, so they're not to blame.

There isn't an excuse. They've either done this to piss 360 owners off, or it's down to laziness.

You decide.

I'm gonna have to agree with that.

Why do people place their hope in konami releasing updates later on? They cant due to licensing issues(seabass has said this), if they havent even been bothered enough to give teams their real names or atleast let you edit them manually (how hard is that to implement?!) why the hell will they release an illegal update on XMLM? Think about it, instead of hoping it will be alright.

They could at least bring out a new stadium pack as a gesture to 360 owners. That wouldn't cost the earth or take that long as the 360 stadia don't really look much different to the ones on the PS2.

Don't take it bad guys...But just don't buy the game please.
I think incredibly wrong what they did with the editor.
I would rather wait other 2 months and have the full editor than have
a beta version:)
Ok, Sony say that "us" european we can wait without problems 4 the PS3 cause we are stupid people and buy it anyway, then Konami(the 1st great ally of Sony) bring out a game not finished!!!What the hell is going on with
"us" european...I guess they don't like us a lot.
The editor is the most important things this game have...
Graphics?Bullshit...If u like graphics play fifa 07.Editor is what make a game unique, a game like u want.
Well, i'm finished:)
Try not to buy this game 4 Xbox360 please...We must do something.
C ya

Jack Bauer said:

I don't normally get offensive but with comments like that, you really are an ignorant fool. :-$

Back
Top Bottom