PES6 360 Controller Problem

looperkid

Non-League
8 January 2007
I have been playing PES6 with a 3rd party PS2 controller since its release and all was working fine. I have recently though purchased a new 360 controller and found like many others that the microsoft drivers are terrible.

After trawling this site I've found the XBCD drivers which work great after mapping the buttons in the PES6 settings, except one flaw - the analogue sticks are being used as digital. This means that with the left analogue stick you can only have 8 directions of movement the same as a dpad. I think I'm possibly missing out a small point in either the installation or the settings which may be obvious to others, but if someone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Isn't that how it's supposed to be? I didn't know the Xbox360 and PS3 versions of 2009 had 16-directional control or whatever you're suggesting. I thought the analog was 8 directional for those who just prefer to use the analog sticks...

On the porevious controller I was using if you pushed the 'analogue' button this made the stick analogue with full 360 degree movement as opposed to the digital 8 direction of a dpad.

I'm not sure if this is because for the XBCD drivers you have to map the buttons on the settings, rather like you would map keyboard controls, as opposed to the controller being recognised by the game.

Wow.. so PES have full 360 turn around for players?

Better find out. This was one of the causes I stopped playing PES.. its terrible to pass with accuracy amongst many players with only 8 choices (fewer for specific direction) and I cannot run through or hit the ball on run through spaces I want.
Maybe because I always used a 360 controller for PC? Can someone confirm?

Back
Top Bottom