pes5 xbox 360 in 720p

My issue is- I'm buying a 360 but should I buy pes5 for the xbox for online use,and possibly offline with mates.I hear pes5 xbox online with LIVE is a bit shit....and not even as good as the ps2 (a first!)

I play a lovely patched (offline) pes5 ps2 at the moment so not sure...

mikesux said:
Problem with 720p upscaling is it's not a widescreen game. It's 4:3 no matter what you set your xbox at. And 720p is a widescreen resolution. I'm holding out for better graphics in some way tho. Plus the black and white buttons on the top of the pad will be fantastic.
I don't think that's correct. I'm in the US, playing PES 5 (from HD) with my XB dash set to 1080i (16:9 of course) and when I play PES 5, it fully utilizes my 16:9 HDTV. There's no stretch, no black-bars, it's full-on widescreen.

I do, however, have a separate question. Does anyone know if the 360 is "region locked"? i.e. Can I buy a US 360, and import an actual copy of PES 5 (which I'd be more than happy to pay for) and have it work fine?

Cheers,

stickyfingers said:
I don't think that's correct. I'm in the US, playing PES 5 (from HD) with my XB dash set to 1080i (16:9 of course) and when I play PES 5, it fully utilizes my 16:9 HDTV. There's no stretch, no black-bars, it's full-on widescreen.

really?? any chance of a screen shot?

id be interested to know if its actually in 16:9 or if its stretched the 4:3 image can you take some photos?

yeah we need wide screen, but sadly on hdtv arcade they tried games that were not wide on a 360 and apart from halo they are still 4/3, worse they are rendered in 720p with black bars on side so you cant even strech the image....

lets hope for pes anyway...

wozbacca said:
really?? any chance of a screen shot?

id be interested to know if its actually in 16:9 or if its stretched the 4:3 image can you take some photos?
I'll take some photos this afternoon. It's not stretched.

mazanga said:
Why is 480p magnified 6 times whereas 720p is magnified 3 times? This way 720p is always gonna look twice as good regardless of the actual difference.
Thats cuz 720p is twice the size anyway so it only needs to be magnified half as much to get the same result. :roll:

For those of you wondering, PES5 would probably look like this (PC pic running at a hi res). Remember that this is a jpeg so quality was reduced.
hires7gc.jpg
The players on the pitch are much sharper and it does look nicer than what we see on current consoles. And this is just a pic from the PC version. The one on the X360 might be even better.

anyone found out any more info about pes5 on 360?
Is there any way to get a patch onto the 360 so we can play with properly edited kits/players?
what about playing with a patch on live? how does that work? sorry never used live before.

thetonyclifton said:
anyone found out any more info about pes5 on 360?
Is there any way to get a patch onto the 360 so we can play with properly edited kits/players?
what about playing with a patch on live? how does that work? sorry never used live before.
You do realise that what you're asking for might require a mod chip on the Xbox 360?

It shouldnt, i dont want to cheat on live on anything.

What I mean is if you use a max drive/xport to get option file onto ps2/xbox, what can you use for 360?

What i meant about live was:- If you have edited team data/kits etc can you still play on live? i.e will the data revert to default when playing on live?

the data reverts to default on live as standard... (this is the case on original xbox so shouldn't change for 360).

The HDTV functions of the 360 cause the game to be played only in 4:3 but at 720p, resulting in a sharper display and slightly quicker loads on some xbox games (ie. Halo 1)

There is no problem playing pro evo 5 on xbl.

The shoulder buttons greatly enhance the game although you will find yourself going for the black/white buttons in the wrong place.

and to the person asking about Pro Evo 5 working on a US xbox no it doesn't... sorry

Back
Top Bottom