Silicon Fusion - 9/10
Thunderbolt -
AceGamez - 9/10
Boomtown - 10/10
Gamer's Hell -
Pro-G - 9/10

Last edited:
JimJoeC said:
Wow, XBox version is not as good as the PS2?????

I'd have thought they would be identical????????
XBM is a poor magazine, by the looks of their covers they're aimed at kids anyway.

Last edited:
Reviews are usefull but the scores are irrelevant...
Some of these "official" magazines are biased (influenced??).
Last year when XBox was the only console having online play the sores in the XBOX-magazines were high, they never have been as low as for PE in the "Official" (Belgian) Playstation magazine.
This year with online also for Playstation the scores will be high in the "official" Playstation magazines and predictable low in the Xbox magazines...
And about Edge, typically British magazines constantly in search for new hypes (cfr NME for music, the worst magazine in the world).

Too hard? Clearly a Fifa fan :p

Edge lost a load of staff about a year ago in an internal dispute and hasn't really recovered since. Games TM is much better.

Stan said:
Reviews are usefull but the scores are irrelevant...
Some of these "official" magazines are biased (influenced??).
Last year when XBox was the only console having online play the sores in the XBOX-magazines were high, they never have been as low as for PE in the "Official" (Belgian) Playstation magazine.
This year with online also for Playstation the scores will be high in the "official" Playstation magazines and predictable low in the Xbox magazines...
And about Edge, typically British magazines constantly in search for new hypes (cfr NME for music, the worst magazine in the world).

So true Stan.

The 'official' mags always get 'influenced' esp on larger titles that need backing (i'm thinking 'driver' here). Its not unknown to donate dvd players and the like.

Konami has withdrawn all advertising from all Highbury magazines (XBM, PLAY etc)following the review of PES5 in XBM and the review PLAY gave PES4 (78%) last year. PLAY also gave Metal Gear Solid 2 on PS2 a similar score.

uk_stanners said:
just out of interest does anyone have the equivalent scores for FIFA 06? i just wanna see how the competition is faring this year...

Wait for the game to b realeased, then head over to metacritic.com.

They provide a weighted average score from all the print and web reviews, and you can read all the reviews reom one place.

Usually thier score is a fair indication of whether a game is good or not. However , persoanlly I feel that PES5 should not score too high, but on the other hand, they only pick up US/UK releases so (ignoring WE9), it might suprisingly score 89-93%. There are enough changes and enhancements from PES4 to get that rank.

I just feel that PES5 is not as good and balanced as WE9. NOt to say that WE9 is perfect.

Cheers.

ive played both versions and i believe that we9 is a trifle too difficult. lets remember that not all people have played the we/proevo series before(although the majority probably have who buy the new version) and it will be extremely difficult for these people to get straight into the game. i think pes5 is a little more balanced..ie-its abit easier to score and it doesnt feel like its on rails...sometimes no matter what you do in we9 the cpu WILL score if it wants to...lol

uk_stanners said:
just out of interest does anyone have the equivalent scores for FIFA 06? i just wanna see how the competition is faring this year...

So far...

PES5 has an average of 95%
FIFA 06 has an average of 78.9%

(GameRankings.com average scores)

NickSCFC said:
Konami has withdrawn all advertising from all Highbury magazines (XBM, PLAY etc)following the review of PES5 in XBM and the review PLAY gave PES4 (78%) last year. PLAY also gave Metal Gear Solid 2 on PS2 a similar score.

That's because Play are Morons who don't know how to review a game properly :)

Any news about edge score. they is the mag to trust, although sometimes a touch snobby...

I read a review on web somewhere n it only got 78%, I think they are talking out of there arse!

had both versions and the ps2 version kicks the xbox versions ass by miles to be fair, ps2 is home of evo theres no doubt there, plus online is 100times better on ps2

Back
Top Bottom