1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

PES5 on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by Rob92, 31 January 2010.

1. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Is there any way to get PES5 working on Windows 7?

2. tc811

tc811 Resident Evo-Web Retard

9 January 2008
    United States
    Arsenal FC
    is there screen tearing or is the game just not starting? I have WE9LE and it works just fine with the latest kitserver 5.

3. Sabatasso

Sabatasso Banned

26 August 2009
    South of Heaven
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I just installed it and fired it up... WIN7 x64 Ultimate

Now, if I could only find a widescreen fix and a gameslower...

4. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

It installs fine, but when I try to run it I get a runtime error.

I'm on Windows 7 32-bit rather than 64, maybe that's why... It's frustrating because as i've said before, I think PES5 is still the best football game available.

5. -Panos-

-Panos- Premiership

20 December 2007
    Keratsini, Greece
    Olympiakos
    I have Win7 32-bit, and it is running flawlessly

6. Simcut

Simcut BF3 Addict

1 September 2007
    Hertfordshire, England
    Newcastle & Barnet
    PES5 crashes on starting up for me too :(

7. Simcut

Simcut BF3 Addict

1 September 2007
    Hertfordshire, England
    Newcastle & Barnet
    How?? I click on settings.exe and pes5.exe and all I get are damn error messages "Pro Evolution Soccer 5 has stopped working"

and then a "Close the program" button :'(

8. -Panos-

-Panos- Premiership

20 December 2007
    Keratsini, Greece
    Olympiakos
    Really, I don't know why.. I had similar problems with PES3 when I had Windows Vista. It crashed on my pc, but it worked on my friends' pc's

I didn't do any "Run As Administrator" or Compability Settings.. Just Install and Run.

9. StayingPower

StayingPower Premiership

2 April 2006
    Houston
    Manchester United
    It crashes on my 64-bit desktop but runs on my 64-bit laptop. Both Windows 7. Very strange, it must be a drivers issue.

10. crplay

crplay Banned

8 July 2010
    he can play?

11. Simcut

Simcut BF3 Addict

1 September 2007
    Hertfordshire, England
    Newcastle & Barnet
    Has anyone found a solution to this yet? :(

12. StayingPower

StayingPower Premiership

2 April 2006
    Houston
    Manchester United
    I found a solution for mine but I don't know if it will work for anyone else. I'd swtiched my OS into Test Mode so I could run unsigned drivers for my PS3 gamepad. Once I turned Test Mode off again it worked fine. So if in the bottom right corner of your desktop there's a watermark that says you're in test mode, switch it off and try.

13. Primepeace

Primepeace Championship

29 August 2009
    Australia
    xp all the way until death do us part

14. KopOut

KopOut League 2

22 July 2006
    I can play this game but its slows down sometimes when playing window mode.Not sure whats the problem is? i know its nothing to do with graphics for sure since my system can easily handle it.

15. Simcut

Simcut BF3 Addict

1 September 2007
    Hertfordshire, England
    Newcastle & Barnet
    How do you go into test mode?

16. Jazek

Jazek League 2

15 September 2005
    Google it.

17. El Pajaro

El Pajaro League 2

14 May 2008
    Being able to play PES5 is one of the main reasons why I installed XP into my machine. Actually that was before W7 was out. I always hated Vista with passion.

The only downside is that I can only use 3Gigs of RAM but it has no effect on any games I've tried... all run in full speed.

18. Simcut

Simcut BF3 Addict

1 September 2007
    Hertfordshire, England
    Newcastle & Barnet
    I think I've found the problem.

When you first install Windows 7, PES5 works, but when you install the new DirectX from a new game or off the microsoft website, it stops working. So there's some kind of DirectX issue with PES5 and the latest version of DX :/

I've tried installing DirectX off the game's CD again but to no avail.

19. Benficão

Benficão Long live PES 6

4 March 2007
    Portugal
    SL Benfica
    try this: in the .exe file for pes5, click properties and tick 'run this program in compatibility mode' and then try with the different OSs like XP SP1 and 2 or Vista. I didn't try this but this works for some old software

20. jdawg131

jdawg131 Non-League

7 August 2007
    Honolulu, HI
    Manchester United
    Right on the money. Open up the disc and before installing, right click on the Setup.exe. Set it to install under Windows XP SP 2 in the Compatibility part and at the bottom of the pop up window, click on the Run as Administrator box. You should have no issues with that fix.

21. Simcut

Simcut BF3 Addict

1 September 2007
    Hertfordshire, England
    Newcastle & Barnet
    Tried that but it still wont load up for me :(

22. delija6

delija6 Non-League

25 September 2005
    Canada
    This worked for me... thanks brother!!! :WORSHIP:

23. soyo

soyo WEplayWE Creator

28 November 2007
    Did you try with WE9LE?

I and many others play this game on win7 without problems.

cheers

24. KopOut

KopOut League 2

22 July 2006
    I'm on Windows 7 x64 and i had screen tearing and widescreen mode problems but ever since i started using D3DOverrider and editing kload.cfg (by adding my desktop screen resolution) it solved all them for me. this is for WE9LE but same should solve the problem for PES5 as well.

25. tuliorafa

tuliorafa Non-League

21 July 2011
    Juazeiro - Bahia - Brazil
    Vasco
    In the installation is fine, but running gives the system error

26. Kunio_Kun

Kunio_Kun Championship

11 July 2011
    Istanbul
    Fenerbahce
    Hi guys.I have been trying to run Pes 5 on Windows 7 for a week and ı've just done it.It runs smoothly now and ı am very happy.I've already know the game befoore but ı've not played it for nearly 3 years.Now,I see its the best Pes game ever.And now,ı have a question.How can ı change the stadiums in this game.I tried kitserver but it didnt work.Can somebody tell me what exatly ı need to do?And is there a way to play the game Online?

27. no bread

no bread Wellington Phoenix!

1 April 2007
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Tottenham Hotspur

I recommend you get Winning Eleven 9: liveware evolution. It's PES5 but in Korean (don't worry there is a patch to make it English), and released later in the year with many bugs fixed. There is a community at website weplaywe.pl that host their own leagues and matches online.

Within this site you find all info you need, as well as the stadium thing.

28. Kunio_Kun

Kunio_Kun Championship

11 July 2011
    Istanbul
    Fenerbahce
    Thanks man but someone already told me that a few days ago and ı've been playing the game for few days and the game is excellent ı think.One missing thing is english commentary.Everything else is very good...

29. foxtrot

foxtrot Shoe bomber

24 December 2002
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Rangers FC
    I've tried everything (seemingly) to try and get PES5 to work on Windows 7 SP1 32-bit. Has anyone actually managed it? If so, how?

30. soyo

soyo WEplayWE Creator

28 November 2007
    Did you try WE9LE(pes5 family)? It works with no problems for people under windows 7.

(I use Win7 32bit)