PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Aight, aight thats what i'm talking about.

This thread is going a bit cold...when i start my ML i'll warm this shit up.

I'm still editing at the moment trying to get everything perfect.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Well Stringer the game last night was immense, to say the least. Twice i went behind and twice i came back, with a stunning 2nd equalizer imo (had to celebrate myself). I fear it will be quite hard on 6 stars, if this is anything to go by. But this is exactly what i want. However, i'm determined to get Alavés into the Primera Division and one day into Europe (i hope to replicate their impressive 2000/2001 Uefa Cup run)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=264779&root=europe&cc=5739

I've never been a fan of the Master League, but this thread is great. I love the highlights Prof, very cool :) Great goal too.

Hey Db, from that article:

"Alavés are one of those rare creatures in the Spanish league that no-one seems to dislike very much. Their famous run in the UEFA Cup that year symbolised everything that was good about Spanish football, demonstrating that a side shorn of household names, from a city that hardly anyone knew existed, could reach the final of a major European tournament playing in a style that few associated with La Liga; hunting-in-a-pack organisation, solid work-rate and an uninhibited swashbuckling attack mentality."

They got me in one ;) (PS i may even have to re-sign Jordi Cruyff)

Stringer, i hope my reports keep you sufficiently amused and the thread hot. Soon Db will be along with his Metz lads too. And i have a home game against Cadiz to prepare for.

ReActor, cheers for the compliment. I had fun making the "kind of" TV style highlights. I'll hope to keep doing it.

Last edited:

DId you guys buy the ML options in the pes shop first? What difference do they make?

2 seasons in on 5star level (using 50000 ml starting points) my team is;

gk. cech
cb. ferdinand
cb.heitinga
cb.terry
dmf. lampard
dmf. viera
cmf. gerrard
amf. ronaldinho
amf. duff
ss. rooney
cf.eto'o

subs are
buffon
nesta
zanetti
ashley cole
stankovic
kaka
adriano

i love this game it is amazing wish i had online as i reckon that team could take anyone on?

You guys are tempting me to start playing Master League again. I might start two ML's simultaneously then though. One, with good old Juve ;). And another with an eredivisie minnow.

Good team but players mean nothing. Your skill level is more important than your teams. I used to play my brother and I'd have to pick the owrst teams and he'd be te best jsut to even the skill level up a bit. I still always won.

Personally I like to take a more realistic approach to ML too. For example not having all the most obvious superstars in one team, and certainly not such big name players sitting on the bench.

Incidently what club are you? Are you Chelsea?

Don Domenico said:
You guys are tempting me to start playing Master League again. I might start two ML's simultaneously then though. One, with good old Juve ;). And another with an eredivisie minnow.
I might do two at same time as well but if I'll do that one will be with a team and another one a Fixed mode player ML though first I have to see if Konami have improved fixed mode options at ALL from last version if not it's disappointing as it could make for a really cool player feature in ML sorta thing once you need a break from controlling whole team and is a nice variety.

Good idea about the fixed player mode. Haven't even tried it yet, on pes5. I hope they have improved the AI. Also the way matches were decided in the last installment in fixed player mode, were a bit too random for my liking.

no, im my made up team the craiglang clansmen...my skill level is up to scratch, considering i was undefeated in 5star first season and i only bought c. ronaldo as it was an original team. ronaldinhos growth is unrealistic i must say

Okay, i've finished editing Leeds/Wolves over PES/WE United....I'm just sorting out the formations of teams that gonna be in my ML, which proabably take long lol.

Wigan here we come :mrgreen:

0,,10429~2696684,00.jpg

This is gonna be hard for me my friends...i wanted to play a ML with temas like Alaves or Wigan Athletic...and you guys have beaten me..
Yesterday i installed the PESfan option file and i have to say i was tunned by the result...i never cared that much about kits and all that (i did it for the real names and the updated transfers)...
I may also start two ML's...the one with Belgian, Dutch, Portugese, Scottish and Scandinvian clubs and the one of the big competitions...maybe a Serie A with one of the smaller teams...i'm searching for a weak team with either very old players or very young ones...anybody???

Oh and Prof, i love Alaves TV and what a great goal from Astudillo.

Messina is a good choice.

Unlucky that i beaten you to Wigan, i guess the board choose a better manager for the job :mrgreen:

Give Siena a go if you want Gerd.

Lot of oldies including the legend that is Enrico Chiesa.

Is anyone finding that there are really low goal scoring matches in ML in your matches.
Im playing as Atletico Madrid on 5*, and so far after 16 games im on 6W 7D 3L and in 5th place.
Ive scored 17 and conceded 10, which means matches hav been very low scoring, and ive also never scored or conceded more than two in a game.
My last 3 results have all been 0-0, and lead me to turn off the ps2.

Yeah I know what you are talking about! Konami have clearly made PES5 suck! At first i thought it was realistic but every games feels the exact same! Creating piles of chances but only converting one or else none! Every team I play against play the exact same style and they very rarely try to attack! I have about 20 shots on goal each game and maybe 8 on target at best! PES5 is a major dissapointment I am i hoping WE9:LE will be much better because this games sucks and no one can deny that because it aint realistic that every single gmaes plays nearly the exact same way! I could understand maybe if a team were on a goal droyght for about three games but i have played like 18 games and all my wins have been 1-0 which is extremely shite and unrealistic!

23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division
Round Up

Results (Day 2, Week 7)

Sporting 1 - 1 Elche
Getafe 1 - 0 Malaga
Celta Vigo 1 - 1 Mallorca
Alavés 1 - 0 Cadiz

Alavés 1
Aloisi 92'
Cadiz 0

aloisi_john.jpg

John Aloisi

Day 2 in the Segunda Division of the Liga Nacional saw Alavés at home to Cadiz. The game produced several opportunities for either side to register on the scoreboard. However, this tense affair remained 0-0 for 90 minutes. Deep in to second half injury, substitute John Aloisi carved out a chance ater receiving from Lacen's cross. With what was the last play of the game, the striker fired past Armando to secure all 3 points, leaving Cadiz stunned.

For video highlights of the Alavés game, brought to you by Alavés TV click here

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division
Round Up

Results (Day 3, Week 9)

Cadiz 1 - 4 Getafe
Mallorca 2 - 1 Sporting
Malaga 2 - 0 Celta Vigo
Elche 0 - 2 Alavés

Elche 0

Alavés 2
R. Navarro 6' 21'

rubennavarro.jpg

Ruben Navarro celebrates his brace

Day 3 saw a bouyant Alavés travel to Elche, who had registered only one point from six. Alavés took control early on, when Ruben Navarro headed the visitors infront from De Lucas' cross. Elche continued to show their lack of form and on 21 minutes, Ruben Navarro struck again, this time finishing from a through ball from Martin Astudillo.
This win sees Alavés unbeaten in 3 games, registering 2 wins and one draw. They currently sit top of the Segunda Division on goal difference.

For video highlights of the Alavés game, brought to you by Alavés TV(now with sound) click here

Table After Day 3

Alavés 7pts
Mallorca 7 pts
Getafe 6 pts
Malaga 4 pts
Celta Vigo 4 pts
Sporting 2 pts
Elche 1 pt
Cadiz 1 pt

Next fixtures:

Alavés - Malaga
Sporting - Celta Vigo
Cadiz - Mallorca
Getafe - Elche

Last edited:

"Professor... Professor! A quick question if I may, Andoni Garcia from Marca. Your Alavés team has made a very positive start in your first three games in charge - what would you say is the secret of your early success?"

Loving Alavés TV, Prof ;)

Finally got my hands on PES5 Monday evening (must remember to strangle the postman next time I see him :roll: ). I went through the challenge training trying to earn myself some PES points - I've got just over 3,000 at the moment, need to get 3,500 to unlock 6-star difficulty and ML Composition. Once I have those (perhaps tonight) I can start my first ML, probably with Parma I think.

*ahem*

Spikester signs up as new manager of South Coast Giants Brighton - read the Evening Argus at the begining of a new ML 4* season.

The Withdean, with it's new improved blue running track and expansive increased capacity hasn't really payed off in the attendance steaks, still attracting around about the average 6,700 as before... sorry typo 6.700 average crowd...

Anyway after a struggling season, mediocre default players (just like the real thing), ground out nil-nil draws, the odd goal and being knocked out of the cup in the second round (okay... it's not that realistic), after a mid-season drastic change of tactics, managed to finish 4th on goal difference.

Still summer season is here and after signing the beloved son of Cellini, Cellini Junior, two young South Koreans - keeper and striker, pilfering other 2nd division clubs for reasonable inexpensive signings, such as Zandi, Merche, the squad resembles something of a decent team. Then the manager takes advantage of West Ham's misfortune, after the Hammers being relegated, one of their strikers almost drops out of the game....

Thankfully my scout finds the certain striker in Morcombe, who during his disentchantment decides to use the summer break as an opportunity to try for a career change, unfortunately Bobby simply didn't have the basics correct for ventriloquism.... :(

vent2up.th.png

After picking him up for the part exchange of Costolo and Rosa Parks bus pass, things look better in Pre-season for Bobby...

bobbyz7io.png

HURRAH! Wins a go-go, though 3 games left of preseasons and I might be forced into having a skeleton squad, as money is tight - just like the real thing... :D

metzprev3.jpg

Anders Svensson walks out on Elfsborg

The Swedish midfielder has sensationally quit what he called "the goldfish bowl of Borås" and has gone into hiding after a series of problems with glamour model girlfriend Elita Lofblad.

metzprev2.jpg

The couple have enjoyed a tempestous on-off relationship which has culminated in seperation, after she appeared on Big Brother enjoying a steamy lesbian kiss with a fellow housemate.

metzprev1.jpg

Svensson said "I can enjoy a lesbian romb as much as the next guy, but this is taking it too far. Elita is no longer a part of my world, and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of the tabloids having a field day over my private life".

The former Southampton pin up, is still considered one of the country's most elligible batchelors, and has enjoyed spending time with some of
Scandanavia's most attractive women, but despite a keen eye for the ladies he still seems as far away as ever from settling down.

metzprev4.jpg

In 2004, he split with Anine Bing when their two year year romance was hit by accusations of an affair, after Bing was caught dating a Swedish hockey player, Peter "Foppa" Forsberg.

There were also reports that linked Anine with American movie actor, Jim Carrey. The Danish tabloid, Ekstra Bladet, said they had met at a Hollywood party. Anine said that Jim was "a great guy". She has also said that they are just friends and that Jim is "a real gentleman".

Well, I've started with Osasuna with default players.

I didn't play PES4 ML at all so it's all very new to me. A lot has changed since WE7! I have got 1 win, 3 draws and 1 loss so far.... I'm struggling to do anything in the game right now. None of my players seem intersted in scoring, even when playing with the best teams no-one seems capable of keeping the ball or hitting the target. Is it just me? Sometimes I struggle to enjoy the game at all despite there being so much right with it.

Can I still edit team names while I go along? FOr example in div 2 I don't know who any of the teams are.

Does anyone have a list comparing names so I can edit?

Good call Spikester. I have a soft spot for Brighton, mainly because they're punching above their weight, oh and the Withdean stadium :mrgreen: Speaking of which, have you set the "Club House" (training pitch) as your home stadium? ;)
I was actually going to recommend Brighton to Stan as an idea.

Last edited:

Anyone else notice how little the player stats mean in this game?
Passing is by far the most important attribute in this game, and every team and every players seem to be as able in passing the ball as each other. I mean, I play as well with RKC Waalwijk, as I do with AC Milan. Only finishing is an aspect, where i've noticed a marginal difference. Though good dribblers, tend to have a LITTLE more ball control.
I don't know wether to see this (lack of) difference in players, as a good thing or bad thing..

Professor Nutmeg said:
Good call Spikester. I have a soft spot for Brighton, mainly because they're punching above their wait, oh and the Withdean stadium :mrgreen: Speaking of which, have you set the "Club House" (training pitch) as your home stadium? ;)
I was actually going to recommend Brighton to Stan as an idea.

Proff - you's the guy to have inspired me to post here - kudos to you!!

Club house is a sublime idea, been building up those PES points, might as well spend 'em on something.

Anyone understand the Rosa Park's comment??? Maybe I'm just a bit too up to date.. or old... *thinks of dusting off some other sick jokes*

Just one thing, I've tried the editing forum and they're a bunch of blankers - is there a way of getting the skint logo on the sponsor section of the shirt? All I can get is an ickle one, which is pants...

:roll:

Andoni Garcia - Marca said:
"Professor... Professor! A quick question if I may, Andoni Garcia from Marca. Your Alavés team has made a very positive start in your first three games in charge - what would you say is the secret of your early success?"

"Signor Garcia, well i don't know about any secrets, but here we take one game at a time. As soon as the final whistle blows, and only then, will we be thinking about the next game. Until then, my players and i are fully focused on the game in question.
Some people have sited the discipline i have brought to the club, but also i believe i can instil the mental confidence neccesary to succeed.
We have a tight squad, so everybody will feature at some point in the season. Of course i like to keep a core of regular starters, but sometimes even that can be out of my hands due to injuries, suspensions and fatigue. But yes, rotation has a part to play. I mean, i wouldn't have brought on John (Aloisi) against Cadiz if i didn't know he was going to grab the winner. *laughter* The "3 Rs" i call it. The "Right" players in the "Right" game at the "Right" time. *punctuates with hand gestures*
The fans are happy, the board are happy, the players are happy, and so that makes me happy. But we won't get carried away. It's only three games. The Segunda Division is notoriously tight and unforgiving. Sometimes 2 or 3 points can separate first from fourth or second from fifth at the end of the season. And everyone here at Alavés wants to be in the Primera Division, playing against the Ronaldinhos and the Zidanes....Thank you."

Hey Spikester love your post there :mrgreen:

Have you got the PESFan Editor, if you have you can put the Brighton logo into your option file.

128 Colour Emblem:
Brighton.gif

16 colour:
Brighton.gif

Credit to dragnskin.

Last edited:

The Original Spikester said:
Proff - you's the guy to have inspired me to post here - kudos to you!!

Just one thing, I've tried the editing forum and they're a bunch of blankers - is there a way of getting the skint logo on the sponsor section of the shirt? All I can get is an ickle one, which is pants...

:roll:

Why thankyou :oops:

As for the Skint logo, do you mean just adding text in edit mode? You can change the size of the letters btw. Easily big enough. Just type in 'Skint' then change it to the font which looks most like it, then change the size, then move it to the sposor area and you're done.

Back
Top Bottom