PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

I am currently playing the game on 4* basically because I find this game really hard and I also like to see the transfer stars for a player to see the chances of signing him. I have selected Borussia Dortmund because my game is patched and I like their new kit. I have selected the default players which is the best way in my opinion.

I started the game using a 3-1-3-3 but i was getting exposed down the wings and I wasnt creating enough chances so i changed to a 2-6-2 and things have improved and i have been creating more chances but my players are having difficulty dispatching their chances! I am at the first transfer window of the 2nd division and I have played 10 games in all competitions, 8 points clear and I have maintained a 100% win record and only conceded one goal in 10 games and that was a very special effort from the leagues top goalscorer, Pierre Van Hooijdonk. I am thinking about buying Vincent Kompany & Jonahthan Vonlanthan as they are both in my division. I want to know your suggestions of who I should bring in? I am trying to buy good quality players aged 16-28 who are in the lower ranked teams! I am tempted by Van Hooijdonk as he is the leagues top goalscorer with 7 goals whilst my highest scorer is ordaz with a mere 3. Any suggestions? I have a good amount of money as I have won all my games although 8 out of my 10 wins have been 1-0.

After a long week at work I'm no off to cane PES 5 for two days straight.

I'll post an update on Monday about league position etc.

No-one will be going out this weekend and girlfriends will be pissed off! :mrgreen:

Good news my favourite thread is renewed...
I want to play my first ML with Standard de Liège...(created over WE United). But i have some editing to do (well quite a lot actually and i want to unlock ML editing feature in the WE Shop).
Also want to know if there are any interesting current players in the We Shop...could last a couple of weeks since i play considerably less than most of you...
Maybe i'll start a try-out ML...

Well i am editing at the mo but have gone through the training and got anough PES points to pick and choose my divisions. i am gunna start a master leauge proebly by next week and post my progress.

Im stuck with who to choose first either West ham or fulham as i wanna be a London Club Who need turning into a european/premiership success.

Hi all, Milo is back.

I contributed last to the WE7/PES3 ML thread. I really didn't get on with WE9/PES4.

But after a long time off from the game I loved the pes5 pc demo and I'm hoping if Play deliver it for PS2 tomorrow ("buy from Play and you'll get it on Tuesday..." and it's still not here) then hopefully I'll dive back into ML heaven.

I notice Prof Nutmeg is still a big fan, I always remember your old stories, Prof.

Now.....what team to be?

:/

denirobob said:
bonjourmetz.jpg
Can't wait to hear about this story!! :mrgreen:

Do you think DB if it goes long enough like your other stories perhaps 3-4 seasons long, you'd allow yourself to bring the legend that is Bobby Pires back to his fav club where he made his name?!!!!! ;)

I'd love to see Pires once again back in Ligue 1 for Metz and helping this team steer away from relegation and perhaps make a step forward towards catching a European place in this competitive league.

@Others, good to see some old faces as well as some new guys in here who'll hopefully stay with us all the way and make this even a bigger success than it was last time around and no dont listen to Jay, don't do Celtic ;)

I also hope to be contributing to this thread.
I've been having a nice time managing Real Betis in WE9.
Currently in my 4th season hoping to win the CL.
I have won the UEFA cup and La Liga so far with the team.

After that I will be looking for a new team.
Not decided, but it will be one of the teams who
have a good chance of finishing in the top 5 in their
leagues. (Lazio, Hamburg, etc.)
My job will be to take them to the next level and challenge
the big boys.

Professor Takes Alavés Job

left2.jpg

vitoria_mendizorroza.jpg

Estadio Mendizorroza
Capacity: 19500 (the unlockable stadium is bang on perfect as my home stadium ;) )

With the prospect of regional derbies against Real Sociedad and Bilbao, Professor Nutmeg's Deportivo Alavés look forward to exciting times ahead.

Welcome back Milo :)

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Well i am editing at the mo but have gone through the training and got anough PES points to pick and choose my divisions. i am gunna start a master leauge proebly by next week and post my progress.

Im stuck with who to choose first either West ham or fulham as i wanna be a London Club Who need turning into a european/premiership success.
Hmmmm interesting, maybe West Ham would be a good choice...since they have had a lot of classic players in the past...especialy representing England.

I'm also still editing..decided to use the PESFan OF and props to Tricky, it's a very good one. I'm just editng Wolves and Leeds over WE/PES United...so i can have 22 English teams with 2 Scottish teams, to create a more or less realistc English ML.

Decided i'm gonna start a Wigan.

-

Did i also mention the editing options are fantastic :thumbup:

I am eager to start a ML in the Serie A but I really have no idea yet which one to chose. I like the idea of what PLF said; a small club which gets an old player back who is now a superstar like Cagliari -> Zola, Metz -> Pires, Bologna -> Signori and there are probably more. But my knowledge doesnt reach as far as you lot.. So I wanted to ask if anyone here knows a small italian club which has somewhere on this planet a superstar which started his career at that club and which can be brought back to the club to give them a last shot of his abilities in his last years. Any ideas guys?

General ideas for older players who made their names or were loved by/did well at the clubs:

Unlock Batistuta in the shop and stick him in the Fiorentina squad :) also see Rui Costa
Ortega (shop) or Veron at either Sampdoria or Parma.
Re-sign Protti at Livorno.
Maniero in AC Venezia (create)
Del Piero - Padova (create)

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Unlock Batistuta in the shop and stick him in the Fiorentina squad :)
Ortega or Veron at either Sampdoria or Parma

Ortega is nice in Sampdoria although Sampdoria has a horrible kit. But I will keep it in my mind. But Sampdoria is a pretty strong club arent they? I rather play at a smaller club where the 'superstar' is really above everyone. Do you know more player Prof?
But I will look into Sampdoria's squad. Thanks for the mention.

EDIT: Let them come Prof, once i will find the ideal combination :) Ah Del Piero -> Padova sounds very interesting!

Last edited:

Well I don't know if Di Natale counts as a superstar but he is one hell of a player and is a former Empoli man.

But personally I think choosing Parma would be best choice for you. It's a club who right now has a pretty weak squad (especiall in terms of quality backup players, only some good 1st team but backups are nowhere near quality they should be) so you will have a hard time and a challenge on your hands YET the club as we all know used to be a former great that not only gets a lot of past good players you can always bring back (List is endless) but also had its history.

I think it'll be hard as Parma's squad is pretty weak apart from few good players like Marchionni, Bresciano, Corradi is descent and Bonera but everyone else and their back up is quite mediorcre playres.

Think about it.

Thanks PLF, will keep that mind. Although creating a club is for me the biggest challenge only problem (and a hell of a problem) is that I dont know the stats of the players.. :) But if I could create Padova + Del Piero, that sounds really smashing.. Hm if you guys now better ideas, i am very pleased to hear!

Thanks

If you create a club, you could always just sign young or mediocre (released) talent of that nationality.Use WEU/PESU, transfer out those players and bring in the aforementioned. eg Padova, transfer in free Italians who have rather average stats. I think they're in Serie C1 at the moment. Just a thought, if you can't be bothered to try and create the actual players.

Not sure why you want to create a club now?
That's not what i suggested. Maybe i'm misunderstanding you but why dont you just pick a club already there like Parma and enjoy game.

As for creating teams, I don't think Padova would be a great choice. As far as I'm aware he's not even a real Padova prospect so he's not going back to his former club where he made his name. He only spent a year on loan there much like Beckham did with Preston in his early days. So if you're creating Padova for Del Piero i dont think its good reason.

If you do want to create a club think of a former great club like Napoli or some with big fanbase at least

It has nothing to do with you PLF :) For me its not so important if a club has a big fanbase or not. Its just about the feeling :)
I like to create a club and storm into the serie A with a fucking shit team but WITH Del Piero, just like Prof did with Cagliari and Zola. I really like that ML of him.

Just go with one of Ascoli, Treviso or Empoli and sign an Italian 17 year old ML player who'll become your "one team only" legend ;) There was a guy called Ricci in PES4 who was great. He broke into my first team at 18 and stayed there. Sadly he's not in PES5. :( Odd, as most of the others are.

Last edited:

We will see although I like it more to get a 'superstar' back then make one.
I still think I will go with Padova.. Now I have to go but I will let you know guys. And if you know something better then let me know!

Good weekend everyone!

GFK said:
It has nothing to do with you PLF :) For me its not so important if a club has a big fanbase or not. Its just about the feeling :)
I like to create a club and storm into the serie A with a fucking shit team but WITH Del Piero, just like Prof did with Cagliari and Zola. I really like that ML of him.
Ok that's cool man. I just thought because you brought up creating a club right after I suggested Parma that maybe you thought Parma had to be created and isn't in first div :p

Clearly my mistake! :D

Anyways have good weekend and a fun ML after that lol ;)

Finally i have made my first signings in the div2 first transfer windoew! In 4 weeks I managed to secure the sevices of Kameni between the sticks, Kompany & Lugano at the back, at then 3 attacking players in Downing, Vonlanthen & Podolski on a loan till the end of the season! Am gunna go for the cups now with a squad of 29 players so injuries and fatigue shouldn't be a problem for the rest of this season!

I cant believe that even with these new signings i am still struggling to convert my chances and it is indeed very costly! I am making plenty of attempts but i rarely even get my shots on target or else the keeper just makes fairly comfortable saves! I am currently 11 points clear at the top of the league so i am pretty much guaranteed promotion but if my players cant start to take their chances then i could be right back down to the 2nd division!

scudohome.jpg

GFK new manager Padova.

GFK has been contracted by the management of Padova after a tip of new Alaves coach Prof. Nutmeg. The management says GFK has all whats needed to keep Padova in the Serie A this season. He has been contracted for 2 years with an option of an extra season. But its not the only news in Padova..

Del Piero comes home!

The striker comes to Padova on a transferfree base from juventus which lets him go for free after all he did for the club. Its no need to say that everyone in Padova is very excited about this signing of the club. Also is the club about to contract Almeyda who wants to go back after he left Internazionale a few years ago.
del%20piero%208.jpg

Del Piero on the press conference: ''I am very pleased to return in Padova where I started my career. I will give everything for the club the next years to let them become a stable club.''

First pictures of the debut of Del Piero in the STADIO EUGANEO:

I have put Padova over AS Nancy which is obviously not the greatest team so i will have a real challenge hopefully! Hm I already see where I have to look for in transfer period; height! Padova really has small players!

Last edited:

Liga Nacional 2005/2006
23new.gif

Segunda División:

Alavés
Cadiz
Celta Vigo
Elche
Getafe
Malaga
Mallorca
Sporting

173.gif

Fixtures

Liga:

Alavés - Sporting (Week 6)
Alavés - Cadiz (Week 7)
Elche - Alavés (Week 9)
Alavés - Malaga (Week 10)
Mallorca - Alavés (Week 12)
Getafe - Alavés (Week 13)
Alavés - Celta Vigo (Week 15)

Sporting - Alavés (Week 20)
Cadiz - Alavés (Week 21)
Alavés - Elche (Week 23)
Malaga - Alavés (Week 24)
Alavés - Mallorca (Week 26)
Alavés - Getafe (Week 27)
Celta Vigo - Alavés (Week 28)

Copa:

Alavés - Cadiz (Week 11)

Other Leagues:

Western Championship
Central Superliga
Eastern Division

23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division
Round Up

Results (Day 1, Week 6)

Cadiz 1 - 1 Malaga
Mallorca 2 - 1 Getafe
Celta 2 - 1 Elche
Alavés 2 - 2 Sporting

Alavés 2
Jandro 15' Astudillo 76'

Sporting 2
Deivid 3' C. Martins 53'

30-11-03_delucas-astudillo-ivanalonso.jpg

Astudillo (centre) celebrates his superb equaliser

The Liga Nacional season 05/06 kicked off yetsterday with high passion across the country.
Alavés faced Sporting CP at home in what was seen as a tough opening fixture. Indeed, the visitors struck early. Striker, Deivid lashed the ball past Bonano in the 3rd minute, silencing the bouyant home crowd. Alavés rallied and 12 minutes later they carved out an equaliser, Ruben Navarro setting up Jandro from close range.
The second half was as thrilling as the first, with much of the battle occuring in the midfield. On 53 minutes, Carlos Martins dribbled free and broke towards the Alavés goal, creating a shooting opportunity from 18 yards. The Portuguese midfileder comfortably placed it past the keeper to register the away side's second. Alavés pressed for an equaliser, and on 76 minutes, it came from an unlikely source. Argentian midfielder Astudillo used his large frame to force himself on to the ball and dispatched a sweet strike from 26 metres out, leaving keeper Ricardo with no chance. Professor Nutmeg later tipped Astudillo's strike as a contender for goal of the season.
Elsewhere, there were wins for Celta Vigo and Mallorca over Elche and Getafe respectively, while Cadiz and Malaga could only muster a 1-1 draw. Alavés' draw sees them move to third in the table, behind early leaders Celta Vigo and Mallorca.

Table

Celta Vigo 3pts
Mallorca 3 pts
Alavés 1 pt
Sporting 1 pt
Cadiz 1 pt
Malaga 1 pt
Elche 0 pt
Getafe 0 pt

For detailed highlights of the Alavés game, Liga results and tables, brought to you by Alavés TV click here

Professor Nutmeg said:
23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division
Round Up

Results (Day 1, Week 6)

Cadiz 1 - 1 Malaga
Mallorca 2 - 1 Getafe
Celta 2 - 1 Elche
Alavés 2 - 2 Sporting

Alavés 2
Jandro 15' Astudillo 76'

Sporting 2
Deivid 3' C. Martins 53'

30-11-03_delucas-astudillo-ivanalonso.jpg

Astudillo (centre) celebrates his superb equaliser

The Liga Nacional season 05/06 kicked off yetsterday with high passion across the country.
Alavés faced Sporting CP at home in what was seen as a tough opening fixture. Indeed, the visitors struck early. Striker, Deivid lashed the ball past Bonano in the 3rd minute, silencing the bouyant home crowd. Alavés rallied and 12 minutes later they carved out an equaliser, Ruben Navarro setting up Jandro from close range.
The second half was as thrilling as the first, with much of the battle occuring in the midfield. On 53 minutes, Carlos Martins dribbled free and broke towards the Alavés goal, creating a shooting opportunity from 18 yards. The Portuguese midfileder comfortably placed it past the keeper to register the away side's second. Alavés pressed for an equaliser, and on 76 minutes, it came from an unlikely source. Argentian midfielder Astudillo used his large frame to force himself on to the ball and dispatched a sweet strike from 26 metres out, leaving keeper Ricardo with no chance. Professor Nutmeg later tipped Astudillo's strike as a contender for goal of the season.
Elsewhere, there were wins for Celta Vigo and Mallorca over Elche and Getafe respectively, while Cadiz and Malaga could only muster a 1-1 draw. Alavés' draw sees them move to third in the table, behind early leaders Celta Vigo and Mallorca.

Table

Celta Vigo 3pts
Mallorca 3 pts
Alavés 1 pt
Sporting 1 pt
Cadiz 1 pt
Malaga 1 pt
Elche 0 pt
Getafe 0 pt

For detailed highlights of the Alavés game, Liga results and tables, brought to you by Alavés TV click here

Quality mate just gonna take a look!

Hope you might give Henri Anchouet more of a chance than your predecessor, the Gabonese assassin needs some game time to prove his worth on the other side on the Peninsular.

db

Cheers Db. Well i'm playing on 6 stars (15 mins) and after that 1st goal went in on 3 minutes, i was getting worried about what i'd let myself in for.
I've also started with only 5000 points and my team salary is about 10500, so i have some ground to make up. I've earmarked a couple of players for sale, if necessary (Thiaw and Mena)
You may have also noticed i created Elche C. F.
Antchouet has a future in Vitoria ;)

Last edited:

Well Stringer the game last night was immense, to say the least. Twice i went behind and twice i came back, with a stunning 2nd equalizer imo (had to celebrate myself). I fear it will be quite hard on 6 stars, if this is anything to go by. But this is exactly what i want. However, i'm determined to get Alavés into the Primera Division and one day into Europe (i hope to replicate their impressive 2000/2001 Uefa Cup run)

Back
Top Bottom