PES5 Demo - Impressions

the point's you dryheat say thay are in the game i can't see them i get hraders i outrun terry with henry hell i even outrun him with rayes i can pass to the man in the middle and the far one and the near one the crosses however i agree with you is a little odd but no player in the world get's 10%of his crosses right all the time i did a lot of one two's in this demo that i can't count them my playrs charge the lose ball's and get a lot of them and it all depend's on who is playing and with what team

the point's you "dryheat" say thay are in the game i can't see them i get headers i outrun terry with henry hell i even outrun him with rayes i can pass to the man in the middle and the far one and the near one the crosses however i agree with you is a little odd but no player in the world get's 10%of his crosses right all the time i did a lot of one two's in this demo that i can't count them my playrs charge the lose ball's and get a lot of them and it all depend's on who is playing and with what team i do a lot of thing's you say it's a bug in the pes serious so either i am a super player or you are a very bad player and i don't think i am that kind of player i am good not super so does any one think that "dryheat" is right about what he saied

I've never rated a PES or WE game above 7 myself. I think a lot of people give it scores of 9 or 10 is because there is nothing as good as it out. On it's own merits though, the game is limited and flawed.

apart from the tool which allows u to play the pro evo 5 pc demo for 25 minutes instead of 3 are there any more tools and where , thx, by the way if u havent found the time extension tool u MUST find it its great,and if u put ur graphics card up to top(ive got 6800 ultra) it looks awesome , many thx and are there any more tools?

But thats exactly why it gets a 9/10 lol, cos no-one else can make a game anywhere near as good. So if they make a game that beats everyone's else's hands down do you not think that deserves a 9? Cos if it was that easy to make a great footy game, how come no-one can come close to it?

People come on here and bitch and whine about everything that they think is wrong, but what about all the good points? The fact is the gameplay is awesome, it's gives me god knows how many hours of enjoyment everyear. I mean what the hell do some of you people want. The game will never be perfect ffs, live with it, and enjoy it for what it is! The best football game ever produced........fact!

No doubt the moaning bastards will call me a big fat fanboy lol, why?? Cos i enjoy the game, and take it for what it is? Cos I don't sit their all game trying to find as many faults as possible so I can come on here and whine like a little girl?

Honestly some of you guys are being fucking ridiculous man, I can honestly say I don't see all the things some of you guys do. I mean I don't know if we've got different games, but some of the stuff you come out wit lol. I'm like WTF!!! thats just a blatant lie.

Something j4y3m said earlier in this thread made alot of sense, he said he thinks alot of people are hating this game cos it's too hard for them. I think thats very true personally, I'm not saying everyone who has issues with it is finding it like that.

But some people just can't get to grips with the new playing style the gameplay has. I've found it much harder than any other previous version, there's a lot more midfield battles rather than just 2 passes and your in on goal all the time. But even though I've found it harder I'm enjoying it :D

But really some of you people need to chill out and stop all this over-exaggerating, it's nothing like some of you are making out lol.

mattster12 said:
No doubt the moaning bastards will call me a big fat fanboy lol, why?? Cos i enjoy the game, and take it for what it is? Cos I don't sit their all game trying to find as many faults as possible so I can come on here and whine like a little girl?

Honestly some of you guys are being fucking ridiculous man, I can honestly say I don't see all the things some of you guys do. I mean I don't know if we've got different games, but some of the stuff you come out wit lol. I'm like WTF!!! thats just a blatant lie.

Look dude, I just love the game, I do kits and patches for it, even INTRO movies, so you cold say I'm a fanboy. I could state a lot of things that are nearly perfect in this game, but there's something blatanly bad in this game series that has never been solved, and is the AI of single player CPU teams. You said you didn't see any cheats and yet you say we talk lies.

Honestly, if you don't see the cheats, either:
- You're blind
- You don't understand a thing about how the game is programed
- You lie to yourself

Try to outrun a defender during 30 meters. You can't. The CPU can with the same players at the same conditions. Try to put all the opposition stats to 10 and yours to 99. The game plays exactly the same. Do you understand???

The cheats are not only evident to everybody, but also the main factor that spoils the fun in the game in single player at long range. Honestly I think I'm very good at the game and I've been playing so many years now. I can win ML or whatever easily on 6*. But that doesn't hide the main flaw of the game, to me, that makes it annoying when spoils your best plays.

And it's that the CPU teams always play with the same pattern and always do the same cheats (call them tricks if you want) in order to assure a "balanced experience". I say they could use LESS amount of cheats and have different patterns. For example, I hate to see barcelona defending in the box, that's something I never expect to see in real life. And no way you could win a header with Saviola against Stam yet it happens when the CPU manages Saviola. You see?

That doesn't mean the game is shit and I'm not "whining as a girl" as you say, only stating that the single player experience tends to become boring because CPU always do the same in the same way AND using cheats to level your playmaking, and, to me, that's a big AI problem.

There won't be discussions about multiplayer, because there, without cheats, you CAN do everything you try and CAN outrun players and so the game is AWESOME and nearly the best game I've ever played.

Having said all that, I have recognized a lot of good points to the game, now it's your turn to recognize that there are cheats in the game and the CPU AI is quite weak.

Cheers.

Last edited:
"There won't be discussions about multiplayer, because there, without cheats, you CAN do everything you try and CAN outrun players and so the game is AWESOME and nearly the best game I've ever played."

Well maybe in PES5 that has changed but earlier I played my cousin, me Arsenal and him Man UTD, he had G. Neville at LB, so I run up the wing with Ljungberg and Neville clearly outruns me, also he did the same with Ricksen when I was Petrov, I guess this is normal.

And Classic, where are you? I go "off-topic" and your quick enough coming in acting like a right moron, yet people talk about "off-topic" shit and I don't see you anywhere?

Kezz also asks the "off-topic" to stop so I don't post and then find out it has carried on? hahahah.

Anyway, yes the gameplay is almost perfect and the game has alot of goodpoints, but for me the good outweighs the bad, how can I enjoy the good when I have to suffer the worst thing about the game, which I can't say because Classic has a sissy fit.

Even playing against my cousin was a disgrace, infact I would rather play against the CPU, and no I won 2 games out of 2 so it ain't because I lost, and even when I beat the CPU it still pisses me off. Even if I won every game I wouldn't play it because it is no challenge, but this isn't a challenge, this is a fucking joke.

Anyway, some people can admit that it cheats while some amazingly can't, we can't change their mind so there is no point having a debate about the CPU cheating.

Also I need to add the lack of control over your players is just unreal. I mean you change cursor and instead of getting the player he runs one way for a second then you get control, or although it is on manual sometimes the cursor changes?

Is this fixed in PES5? I only played one game and never payed attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
drekkard said:
Look dude, I just love the game, I do kits and patches for it, even INTRO movies, so you cold say I'm a fanboy. I could state a lot of things that are nearly perfect in this game, but there's something blatanly bad in this game series that has never been solved, and is the AI of single player CPU teams. You said you didn't see any cheats and yet you say we talk lies.

Honestly, if you don't see the cheats, either:
- You're blind
- You don't understand a thing about how the game is programed
- You lie to yourself

Try to outrun a defender during 30 meters. You can't. The CPU can with the same players at the same conditions. Try to put all the opposition stats to 10 and yours to 99. The game plays exactly the same. Do you understand???

The cheats are not only evident to everybody, but also the main factor that spoils the fun in the game in single player at long range. Honestly I think I'm very good at the game and I've been playing so many years now. I can win ML or whatever easily on 6*. But that doesn't hide the main flaw of the game, to me, that makes it annoying when spoils your best plays.

And it's that the CPU teams always play with the same pattern and always do the same cheats (call them tricks if you want) in order to assure a "balanced experience". I say they could use LESS amount of cheats and have different patterns. For example, I hate to see barcelona defending in the box, that's something I never expect to see in real life. And no way you could win a header with Saviola against Stam yet it happens when the CPU manages Saviola. You see?

That doesn't mean the game is shit and I'm not "whining as a girl" as you say, only stating that the single player experience tends to become boring because CPU always do the same in the same way AND using cheats to level your playmaking, and, to me, that's a big AI problem.

There won't be discussions about multiplayer, because there, without cheats, you CAN do everything you try and CAN outrun players and so the game is AWESOME and nearly the best game I've ever played.

Having said all that, I have recognized a lot of good points to the game, now it's your turn to recognize that there are cheats in the game and the CPU AI is quite weak.

Cheers.

Well were never gonna agree dude, cos I just don't see it like that one little bit. I mean some of you say it only happens in ML, others say it happens in all single players comps. Then there's people who say it cheats all the time including multiplayer lol.

I mean saying things like 90% of ALL deflections goto the opposition is just bullshit lol, and I've even heard people say the whistle only blows for half/full - time when their in possesion, and never when the cpu has the ball :lol:

I mean also saying the opposition plays the same watever stats they have is also a load of crap man, but if thats the way you see things then I'm sorry for ya dude. Cos it's obviously ruining your enjoyment.

"I mean also saying the opposition plays the same watever stats they have"

Then change the stats to 0 and yours to 99, you have red form they have gray and you will see the difference it makes is very little, if any.

Thing I would love more than anything is those people who say the game never cheats etc to record an entire match and show us, because quite frankly I don't get how the game can be so different, no bloody way.

Noted said:
Im sorry but if the game didnt cheat, wouldnt it be ridiculously easy?

Then youd all moan that its too easy

The problem is HOW it cheats and HOW everything in CPU is driven by cheats, even such things as deflections tend to go to CPU as part of these cheats (it's not 90%, but if you waste the time to count them, it's more than 75% of deflections going straight to CPU players, wether because the ball goes straightly there, wether because CPU players have precognition powers and begun to run to the ball at 0 nanoseconds of the deflections being made). One things is difficulty and another things is how you reach this difficulty.

I'm trying to do constructive criticism, but it's quite clear that some people can't stand the minimal complaint against the game. Look, Metal Gear 3 is the best game I've ever seen, but still has some annoyances. I'm trying to point out the weakest aspect of the game in my opinion.

Last edited:
mattster12 said:
I mean also saying the opposition plays the same watever stats they have is also a load of crap man, but if thats the way you see things then I'm sorry for ya dude.

Ok, wise guy. Then try it yourself when the game is out. Or if you have WE9, try it right now, and explain everybody the results. Come on, TRY IT before saying my opinions are crap. If you don't try it, then don't moan against moanings, lol.

Last edited:
Then what are stats actually for then?? :roll: C'mon you not trying to tell me a team with players stats all at 10 is the the same as a team with stats all 99 :lmao:

I've recorded a game and i'm just rencoding it so it's smaller, cos the game was 1.13gb in total. Please watch the video and tell me where these cheats are lol. I'll post it in here soon

mattster12 said:
Then what are stats actually for then?? :roll: C'mon you not trying to tell me a team with players stats all at 10 is the the same as a team with stats all 99 :lmao:

I've recorded a game and i'm just rencoding it so it's smaller, cos the game was 1.13gb in total. Please watch the video and tell me where these cheats are lol. I'll post it in here soon

LOL, ok, Matt, we do the following. I'll try to record a match to point out when the cheats happen so we can compare :D

The stats are mainly for humans vs. human matches. In matches against CPU they produce very subtle differences, beacuse there are superior stats (the stats of the TEAM) altering the CPU gameplay. Really, I've tried it. Try it yourself, then.

And of course in ML cheats are worse. It all depends also of the minutes per half, so in a 30 minutes match the cheats are different than in a 5 minutes match, for example, because the main purpose of the cheats is to balance the game between both contenders (cpu vs human). That's why there are so many shots to the post in this installment, for instance... :(

CU.

I personally think that the demo is a work of art. I fully agree that there are flaws as already discussed in the forum. However, there is enough new content such as the equisite R2 shot, using R2 to physically jostle players off of the ball, not to mention the superbly implemented R1 first touch to make this easily the best version yet.
I think it is time we gave praise to the developers for what they have achieved so far and also look forward to the next generation both on new consoles and also with new PC hardware coming out with great exitement.

Well done KCET, repect to you all. :applause:

Can't wait for PES5

drekkard said:
The problem is HOW it cheats and HOW everything in CPU is driven by cheats, even such things as deflections tend to go to CPU as part of these cheats (it's not 90%, but if you waste the time to count them, it's more than 75% of deflections going straight to CPU players, wether because the ball goes straightly there, wether because CPU players have precognition powers and begun to run to the ball at 0 nanoseconds of the deflections being made). One things is difficulty and another things is how you reach this difficulty.

I'm trying to do constructive criticism, but it's quite clear that some people can't stand the minimal complaint against the game. Look, Metal Gear 3 is the best game I've ever seen, but still has some annoyances. I'm trying to point out the weakest aspect of the game in my opinion.

You are talking bollocks. You remember all the balls that go straight to the opponent but the balls that go to you, you forget about straight away. From playing the demo, i was thinking that i was getting a heck of a lot of luck with the ball.

Also, people moaning about slow people catching up with fast people. WTF? so say the fastest man in the game ran against some average bloke? He should just run past him? WTF. How fun would that be? Pass it to your fast man AND SPRINT, QUICK SPRINT, NO-ONE CAN CATCH ME, HAHA, I HAVE SCORED 10 GOALS JUST BY RUNNING PAST EVERYONE! That sounds like fun, but then the same people moan that the game is to easy. "i am great i win every game 5-0 on 6 stars, the game is boring needs to be harder" WTF? You want to be able to run past slower players easily which would lead to certain goals, but then you want the game to be harder? Think about what you saying, cos you dont make sense. I had one game when I scored 2 goals from deflections and they blazed a penalty over, i got the rub of the green, but yes there may be games when its the opposite. BUT THATS FOOTBALL, AND THATS WHY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LOVE IT!

stop being a prick, the DEMO has been out about 2 days and already people like you are moaning. How can you enjoy it being like that? ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS!

Ahem

I agree dude, and here's my proof. Here is a full game on 6* between England and Brazil, I'm England :) Both teams have red arrows, but well you'll see all that anyway. But there is non of this crap the others keep talking about lol. Also watch out for SWP when he comes on and makes R.Carlos look like a pensioner, then try and tell me that a human player can't beat a cpu player for speed.

But it's good game, some off my finishing isn't great but this is how the game plays for me and I can't see any cheats whatsoever!

Sorry it's so big but I wanted to keep the quality good. Download all the parts to one folder then just open the first file with winrar and it'll auto open the others. Then choose where you want the avi file extracting too.

For people who say the game cheats just watch this and show me where the cpu cheats.

ENG VS BRA PART 1

PART 2

PART 3[

PART 4

It was a WE9 match, right? You made use of Roberto Carlos, who always plays more like a LMF rather than a LSB. Your rightwinger was placed very deep overthere, so that R. Carlos was never back in time. It has to be said. It was not because of his speed. You played everything to your right winger; you placed no attacker at the other side of the pitch :D
But I do not see any cheats as well and that's what you wanted to prove :)

Han said:
But I do not see any cheats as well and that's what you wanted to prove :)

Thankyou thats all I need to hear, all my games are like that. I don't get non all this cheating crap that others mention.

As for SWP well he did speed away from Carlos a couple of times but the cheat brigade reckon that thats not possible and the cpu will always catch up wit ur player lol. I mean u just know if the cpu would have scored that last goal they would have called it a cheat lol. Saying the cpu had unleased there super powers on me, what a load of shite!

Also Drekkard said stats don't matter, well I edited EVERY player on a team so they had 1 for EVERYTHING and no stars. Then I played them in a 6* star game and well :lol: it was like playing a 1 star game, I cained them 9-0 without even trying. So of course stats matter ffs, I mean they couldn't even string 2 or 3 passes together. Thye never had a shot on goal, and they struggled to actually run! If I'm being honest it was actually easier than playing on 1*. So i don't know where you get all this, stats don't matter rubbish, of course they do man!

So for me PES5 is going in the right direction cos it's practically the same as WE9, which I think is an amazing game that plays more relastic than anything. I've only played the demo, but there doesn't seem to be any cheats in that and I highly doubt there will be. But no doubt once it's out, all these people who say it cheats will swear blind the cpu cheats them everygame.

What I would like to see now is a full game from one of these people who reckon the game cheats, instead of all this whinging and whining show us some proof!

mattster12 said:
Also Drekkard said stats don't matter, well I edited EVERY player on a team so they had 1 for EVERYTHING and no stars. Then I played them in a 6* star game and well :lol: it was like playing a 1 star game, I cained them 9-0 without even trying. So of course stats matter ffs, I mean they couldn't even string 2 or 3 passes together. Thye never had a shot on goal, and they struggled to actually run! If I'm being honest it was actually easier than playing on 1*. So i don't know where you get all this, stats don't matter rubbish, of course they do man!
Don't listen too much to drekkard; that's bad for your mood :D He is a professional complainer and loves the response he gets for it...
So for me PES5 is going in the right direction cos it's practically the same as WE9, which I think is an amazing game that plays more relastic than anything. I've only played the demo, but there doesn't seem to be any cheats in that and I highly doubt there will be. But no doubt once it's out, all these people who say it cheats will swear blind the cpu cheats them everygame.
Yes, correct: 'practically' the same as WE9. Some changes that Konami made for the more average or non-hardcore gamers are:
-Slightly easier dribbling.
-More pace (especially at 50 hz, the Xbox uses that).
-Defending is not that deep as in WE 9
-CPU Dribbles more compared to WE 9, which makes it easier to defend.

You know, in Japan there are almost only hardcore players at WE 9.
They play often for money; gaming in their culture is serious business. Not in Europe.
Konami wants to sell the game for a big public in Europe. That means they have to cope with people who find the more perfect football simulation 'boring' if they cannot win the ball easy and have to sit and watch the passing from the opponent. That's why they changed it a bit to meet the needs of the average football-fan overhere.
What I would like to see now is a full game from one of these people who reckon the game cheats, instead of all this whinging and whining show us some proof!
No, not interested; they already showed their qualities by their opinions ;)

I was controling Aimar and was through on goal, Stam still caught me up despite Aimar being a far faster player. Can some one explain that? This was on WE8LE by the way.

Well there could be a number of reasons, first of all stam has much higher stamina and condtion stability stats. So it may have been Aimar's condition was below half thus making him slower, whereas Stam's condtion would still be good to get upto his top speed.

But no doubt you'll tell me this was at the beginning of the game, so it might have been that Aimar didn't take the ball in his run well enough. Maybe he had to take control of the ball first, and maybe his touch wasn't the best. This would have slow him down and stam would catch up cos of this.

Without actually seeing it it's hard to give an explanation, but watch the vid of my game. There is not one instance of any of this in the whole match, infact there's nothing at all that happens that the cheaters say happens every game. Can anyone explain that? I mean if it is supposed to happen all th time, why not to me? Do I have a magic game or something lol?

AI 'cheating' tends to happen more in competition, like Master League, than in exhibition matches (no matter what the difficulty level). While I'm not claiming to have proof, that's only because I no longer have a TV card and can't capture it, and even if I did I couldn't be arsed anyway. :)

Capturing one exhibition match does not draw a line under this issue, which btw, I've just realised isn't on-topic. Must be something about this thread ;).

ClassicD said:
Capturing one exhibition match does not draw a line under this issue

Well the people who wanted the vid say it happens all the time, including multiplayer lol. I mean how can it cheat in multiplayer ffs, but thats what all matchs are like for me. No cheating, no super boosts or anything like that.

I mean Drekkard even says shots always hit the post, well thats just rubbish. I mean if you saw the man city v bolton game at the w'end, city must have hit the post about 5 times. Then they lost to a peno, if that had been a game on PES/WE then they all would have said cheat.

It's just ridiculous really, that people take every little decision against them as a cheat. But thats what you do as a footbal fan, when you lose you feel cheated. But the game doesn't do any of the things some people are describing, for me anyway. If anyone would like a copy of my magic iso pm me (joke) ;)

ClassicD said:
I've just realised isn't on-topic. Must be something about this thread ;)

But do you think if we just keep adding a PES5 in every post we'll be ok :p

The speed cheat does not happen on 1 - 2 stars but does occur in 3 - 5 stars. When i pass a long ball over the top and Henry speed 92 is chasing the ball with Terry speed 76 they are both running at the same speed. The reverse is not true. When I have Terry and chasing Henry there is no way on hell i can catch Henry. Konami cannot have it both ways, either you can outrun players or not. Konami have a game where the CPU can catch you, and you cannot catch the CPU.

I have no problems if the CPU can catch me when i am dribbling but when both players are running without the ball there should be no cheating. If konami also made it equal so that when I have Terry i can ctach Henry, i would not have any problems when the CPU catches me. The same thing happens with the rest of your team, if am running down the wing i expect my fast players to be running towards goal at there maximum speed, but in PES my fast players are running at the same spped as the CPU when running towards the goal.

The simple fact is the CPU is given a 20 Point speed advantage, any CPU player of speed 70 can catch any Human controlled player of speed 90. You can see the differenc in 1 Star. In 1 star, players run at there normal speeds without cheating and Henry does outrun Terry when chasing the ball.

Even with all these cheats i now regularly beat the CPU on 5 stars 4-0 or more.

Thats rubbish man, watch my vid played on 6* and show me ONE instance where this happens. I actually outrun R.Carlos with SWP, so how is that possible if they get this stupid speed increase your on about lol. How is it a fact the cpu is given a 20 point speed advantage, that ain't no fact thats bullshit!

Back
Top Bottom