PES5 Demo - Impressions

kingpug said:
"What you did was bring them into it"

Wrong again, look:

"EA would kill for PES/WE's gamplay" http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=532102&postcount=23

So I was just carrying it on.

The guy is directly referring to the gameplay of the demo, you're talking about the number of releases. Explain to me how they're linked? :eh:

kingpug said:
"I mean in europe we get just 1 release which is PES"

I was merely stating that overall Konami bring out about 6 different versions, and then seeing as the guy mentioned EA first I decided to use them in my post, meaning, instead of calling EA money grabbers for releasing one worldwide game per year look at Konami who bring out 6.

So as I already stated, I never brought up EA first, so unlucky son.

No one called EA money grabbers, the guy is comparing the gameplay of FIFA to the PES5 demo, you just went off at a fucking tangent!

kingpug said:
Show me more topics were I have brought up the 6 versions Konami release, you act like I do it in every WE/PES thread so get those links in here, and this is about impressions of the game, I fucking game mine so quit your bitching, I bet if I said the game was amazing and gave me a boner you wouldn't be crying like this now, would you?

I wouldn't give a toss if you just kept it on-topic, instead of turning it into a discussion about how many versions are released. I'm not the only one who's had a go at you for your constant repeating of yourself, and don't give me this "show me proof" pish, you know fine well others have and if you deny it, you're a bigger arse than I gave you credit for.

kingpug said:
My last post

What, again?

kingpug said:
at the end of the day Konami barely make any changes, it is more like an expansion every release, EA ain't money grabbers while Konami are, now admit the facts and get on with your life. The day EA bring out 6 different versions of FIFA each year is the day I call them money grabbers, but just like Konami they change very little each series, but unlike Konami they only do it once not 6 times, comprende?

No, "son", here's what the "end of the day is":

EA's game is inferior to Konami's. That's it.

Konami release THREE versions maximum per year. Winning Eleven, a 'LE' version of this game, and a JL version. PES is the PAL version of the same game, hundreds of other companies do the same thing (Biohazard in Japan, Resident Evil everywhere else - they're the same game). They're the same game but released region-specific, YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO BUY THE JAPANESE ONES! (I don't know why I'm putting that in capital letters, others have told you this time after time but you just ignore them).

Remember that 'bottom line' young man.

WE/PES > FIFA, and no amount of you moaning about how the AI cheats will change that fact.

Mikey said:
PES 1 is shite to me, and so is PES 2. Maybe not shite to other people, but they're shite to me. The only reason I bought them is because there was nothing better at the time.
Fair enough, obviously I completely disagree with that opinion but there you go. ;)

To be fair, I think the general standard of football games has been pretty shite over the years. What I'd consider shite, other people would rate higher. There has basically been Konami football games which are good, but overrated, then there's the God awful that comes miles behind it, like Fifa.

ClassicD said:
I wouldn't give a toss if you just kept it on-topic, instead of turning it into a discussion about how many versions are released. I'm not the only one who's had a go at you for your constant repeating of yourself

Dan's got a valid point there.

And now drop that issue in here, please.

well i have to say i am very impressed with the demo, and i can't wait for the game to come out,
i played the demo for 2days now, and its way better then pes4, pes4 was dissepointing game for me last year, and i am glud the game fills more like pes3 with more animations and few extra new things, pes5 its so my test, and i don't understand why some people moning about the fouls, ok i haven't play we9, so i don't know if it plays different, but I completely disagree with that, i love the way u defend in pes5, as i play deffenc in real life i thing defending in pes5 is spot on. u have to time the tackel when u press x,(like in real life u don't just run and brake peopels leg) no more smushing bottons like in previus pes games, its more realistic this way, i know is difficult at the bigening especialy for pick up and play gamers, but agen this is simulation football game, so its all about learning. some people maybe get over exited, or espect to much and maybe end up dissepointed, but for me pes5 its way better then any pes or other football game today,
good work konami

i tried to do elastico with zidane, L1 3x ? didnt happen,

also the inside curling shot is r2 and outside ?

some shots go way off and the keepers punching off the ball like voleyball is horrible.

i guess what i love in this game the most is the one touch shots (i.e : when the ball is high on the edge of the box in pes4 the player will head the ball most of the time but in pes5 the shot it like what thay do in real life) and it's a very good game actually compared to pes 4 and the fifa 06(which i find is good improvment foe ea and love to play it to)and the kits rotation is exellent now i can play with what ever compenation i like and the shooting as you all noticed is very very improved i simple love this game

the only player in the demo that can make the elastico is ronaldo and the keeper punhing the bal up like volly ball that you say you don't like happens in true football like the madrid vs lens game in the champions league last weak when coupe saved a rocket from carlos like volly ball and it adds to the game not take from it and your shoots go wide couse the shooting system in it isn't like pes4 you don't need to power the shoot bar too much the only shoot i got horribley wide is when i powered the shoot bar too much with lampard

Last edited:
ClassicD said:
It was, until this post --> http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=532307&postcount=41

Sorry to play my part in taking this way off topic but I've had about enough of Kingpug's constant moaning and whinging about the game and the people who make it, at every opportunity he gets. For example, why the hell did he start doing it in this topic?
Yes I know, I know
normal-smile.gif
I had more than once a discussion in the 'post here your complaints about WE9'- topic. Of course he was there too, because it was about complaining
icon_wink.gif

I tried to make him think more positive about the game but he's hopeless
icon_mrgreen.gif

He doesn't realize that Konami tries to listen to us. I am pretty sure they read the posts overhere. I found some points they changed for people who are no hardcore-gamer, but only european footbalfans who didn't like the higher degree of difficulty of WE9. WE9 had a way of defending which was completely the same as you see in real footbal: Defending deep and then try to close down passing paths to other attackers. That's how it goes in real footbal, but not to the taste of non-hardcore players, who called it 'boring'.
Now Konami has brought that way of defending back a little, making the defense defending a little less deep and the CPU-attack dribbles slightly more.
So, Konami listened to the complaints (I can give other examples as well, think about the speed of PES 5 compared to WE9) and changed it a bit to make it more to the taste of average non-hardcore players.
Still people like Kingpug do complain, unless the service of Konami to meet some complaints....
Please Konami, let the game as it is in Winning Eleven next year. People like this are not greatfull if you meet their complaints.

what on gods green earth does this man (kingpug) talk about he obviasly a very very bad player in vedio games this guy is (and excuse my french) an ass he talk's from it not from his mouth what is that bullshit that he sayed in this thread http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/sho...07&postcount=41
does he know what he's talking about or he is just trying to show people how stupid he is in playing and judgging football games
for gods sake he basicly says that pes4 is better than pes5
i mean did he even play the demo couse if he played it and said that then i don't have the word for him or actually i do but i can't write it here pes5 is much better improvment from pes4 and from we9 itself which should be it's equivilant
and i have a last word for you (kingpug) "don''t like it don't buy it and don't play it and for the love of god stop writeing about it couse you obviasly don't know what the hell you are talking about"

THAT GAME IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I WOZ AMAZED WEN I PLAYED IT IT FEELS DIFFERENT FROM PRO EVO 4 BUT NOT THAT DIFFERENT AND ITS JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Upon more play I`ve also noticed that every single chipped through ball (L1 and Triangle) goes way way wasy WAAAAAAAAAAY too far - every single time!

No matter who I play the ball with it always end up going out of play for a goal kick or straght into the keepers arms.

Is there a trick to it that I`m missing?

Mickey: PES1 and PES2 were shite: PES2 certainly was, but PES1???? Your problem is that you judge that game by today's standards...Stanley Kubrocks 2001 a Space Oddysey was the best sci-fi movie ever when it was released, if you compare it too recent sci-fi films it looks shit because the special effects are light years further now, Kubrick's film still remains one of the best films ever...hope you see the analogy...

Kingpug: FIFA has more than one release a year. There is a special Japanese release aswell: FIFA Total Football

Classic: for what it's worth Famitsu gave FIFA TOTAL FOOTBALL a better score than WE8...The same team that made this game is now used by EA for FIFA06...

I on the other hand will not buy FIFA06 but PES5...why??? Because i'm an sentimental old bastard...and i really like PES,...

Gerd posting as Stan (ah good old Stan)

Han said:
He doesn't realize that Konami tries to listen to us. I am pretty sure they read the posts overhere. I found some points they changed for people who are no hardcore-gamer, but only european footbalfans who didn't like the higher degree of difficulty of WE9. WE9 had a way of defending which was completely the same as you see in real footbal: Defending deep and then try to close down passing paths to other attackers. That's how it goes in real footbal, but not to the taste of non-hardcore players, who called it 'boring'.

I completely disagree with you in some points. First, in real football SOME teams defend like this, mainly those whose players lack skill and absolutely all italian teams because of its point of view about the game. But there are OTHER teams that play with the defense very upwards, like Barcelona, Madrid, Arsenal, Lyon and most teams from netherlands. When you play single player, ALL the teams play exactly the same, 8 defenders inside the box and then the cheats do the rest to score for the CPU. I like the game a lot and it's obviously the best footy ever, but cheats and this mentality of ALL BEHIND THE BALL applied to all the CPU teams is absurd most of the times and yes... BORING.

If you lpay 5 or 6*, you are almost unable to steal the ball in the opponent field. That's very unrealistc. A lot of teams base its attack in the surprise effect when they steal the ball to the opponent in its own field. You can't do pressure like that in this game, because the CPU defenders always clear the ball very very very accurately (even to a striker who is 30 meters away) and you can't steal the ball without doing any foul.

I just love the game, but for the hardcore gamers seeing the obvious cheats and tactical flaws like that just make the game less enjoyable.

Stan said:
Mickey: PES1 and PES2 were shite: PES2 certainly was, but PES1???? Your problem is that you judge that game by today's standards...Stanley Kubrocks 2001 a Space Oddysey was the best sci-fi movie ever when it was released, if you compare it too recent sci-fi films it looks shit because the special effects are light years further now, Kubrick's film still remains one of the best films ever...hope you see the analogy...

I hated PES1 when it first came out, and still hate it. It's clunkyness is what puts me off.

drekkard said:
I completely disagree with you in some points. First, in real football SOME teams defend like this, mainly those whose players lack skill and absolutely all italian teams because of its point of view about the game. But there are OTHER teams that play with the defense very upwards, like Barcelona, Madrid, Arsenal, Lyon and most teams from netherlands. When you play single player, ALL the teams play exactly the same, 8 defenders inside the box and then the cheats do the rest to score for the CPU. I like the game a lot and it's obviously the best footy ever, but cheats and this mentality of ALL BEHIND THE BALL applied to all the CPU teams is absurd most of the times and yes... BORING.

If you lpay 5 or 6*, you are almost unable to steal the ball in the opponent field. That's very unrealistc. A lot of teams base its attack in the surprise effect when they steal the ball to the opponent in its own field. You can't do pressure like that in this game, because the CPU defenders always clear the ball very very very accurately (even to a striker who is 30 meters away) and you can't steal the ball without doing any foul.

I just love the game, but for the hardcore gamers seeing the obvious cheats and tactical flaws like that just make the game less enjoyable.

your chatting sh!t man, im a harcore fan and play at 5 or 6 stars and can sometimes win the ball in their own half man

drekkard said:
Sorry, but I can't understand the euphoria of some people. After some years playing this game to death, this demo offers nothing new to the series, but only the same blatant mistakes and flaws of the past installments in the series.

They promised more control and now it seems ridiculous. You have LESS control over the match in every game they make. Now some defenders clear the ball automatically, the game changes selection of my players even if I play fully manual, the sidebacks continue to run away of opponents letting them go and cross all alone, etc...

This game has cracked and I can't see any reason that justifies paying for its single player. The cheats are as abusive as always (if not worst). You are ALWAYS outruned, always CHASED DOWN and your players tend to be unresponsive at some point, independantly of the stamina. That's because the AI is practically the same poor AI of previous games. Thus, your defenders seem to run away of strikers when a through pass is made; they can't grab a ball that passes only some inches away and definitely are all (don't matter constitution) prone to fall to the floor as soon as someone aproaches. Now the CPU likes to score by doing quite long and unrealistic through passes that can pass through everything, only they are pathetic when trying to beat my keeper.

The worst is that the game CHANGES directions of your shoots too many times in 1 vs 1 situations. And your best plays end up to the post too frequently. And deflections and balls cleared away (no matter direction, power, etc...) are 90% driven straight to the feet of the opponent (that is unmarked, of course).

All that together only shows, to me, a great level of lazyness to the developing team, trying to make the engine last until people gets tired of it. Add to that the infamous master league that has practically no changes.

single player is dead.

OMG :shock: !!! ace mate..Ace!! :applause: :applause: .. now thats what i call "hitting the nail on the head".. that should be the post of the year if anything like that existed.. seriously konami should put friggin' tooth pics across thier eyes (to open it a bit wider), get thier buts off thier f****n' seats and actually put in some work in these games FFS!!!! :roll: :mad: i'ld still probably get the game when it comes out even if the money i'm payin is really for a couple of new "animations" :| added.. apparantly!! :( :roll:

feesyam said:
seem like there a bug. everytime a player is injured my game hang. or just went blank

not just you, i crop a player and he rolls around holding his leg, then when the screen goes black to show him being taken off, the screen stays black and my comp crashes. I WANT TO SEE THE INJURED ANIMATION!

jonneymendoza said:
your chatting sh!t man, im a harcore fan and play at 5 or 6 stars and can sometimes win the ball in their own half man

Of course sometimes you can, must most of the times you can't dispossess opponents because there's some kind of noclip there, or it's your defender who falls apart while the opponent just walks with the ball. You have to admit that generally it's very difficult to win the ball EVEN IF you have the right position and you do the right effort in the right timming. It's just another of a series of balancing tweaks thing put in the game in order to have low scores.

What I'm saying is that I would prefer better AI than just that bunch of tweaks.

Last edited:
The Game is Great, the way the Comp plays to the formation style is nice, when I play as Arsenal, its cool seeing Ashley Cole running down the wing and helping the attack just like he does in real football, the defence is much better, both AI wise and human wise, the comp closes you down and blocks most shots making it harder to score a 30 yard screamer, the wings seem the better place to go, and whoever said that that their defence lets everything through, it doesnt for me, they slide to intercept, out muscle the attacker its quality, I actually volley now instead of doing a stupid header, players can now outrun others, like I was playing yesterday Henry recieved the pall beyond a defender, and he kept running the defender didnt catch up at all, then there was another moment, Owen skipped past a Chelsea defender, then got muscled of the ball by Terry, cant wait till it's out for PS2 and XBOX :D

The main menu theme tune is awesome, has it got a name or anything?

kingpug said:
I never said I buy them all, I do have a brain you know.

So how can EA be called money grabbers while Konami are just doing their business, biased or what? People will always moan, everyone moans about FIFA although they don't plan on buying it, moaning is just part of life.

Sorry, Konami keep buying licenses, yes, for WE9 they added a grand totall of SIX new licenses from PES4, plus the fact instead of adding more teams they take other ones out.

I think what you mean is, FIFA has the balls to spend money to make more money where as Konami don't seem to be willing to buy alot more licenses, I mean 6 new licences is utter shit.

Anyway lets wait and see the full product of PES5, maybe we will have more licenses, and seriously how can they not afford them considering PES is supposed to be the best selling football game, and I am pretty sure bringing out 6 versions each year also helps the income alot, I take it each club license costs about one million pounds each?

EA have no balls whatsoever, EA just buy out what they can't compete against, I won't be surprised if they actually tried to buy out the Konami team involved with WE one day.

drekkard said:
Sorry, but I can't understand the euphoria of some people. After some years playing this game to death, this demo offers nothing new to the series, but only the same blatant mistakes and flaws of the past installments in the series.

They promised more control and now it seems ridiculous. You have LESS control over the match in every game they make. Now some defenders clear the ball automatically, the game changes selection of my players even if I play fully manual, the sidebacks continue to run away of opponents letting them go and cross all alone, etc...

This game has cracked and I can't see any reason that justifies paying for its single player. The cheats are as abusive as always (if not worst). You are ALWAYS outruned, always CHASED DOWN and your players tend to be unresponsive at some point, independantly of the stamina. That's because the AI is practically the same poor AI of previous games. Thus, your defenders seem to run away of strikers when a through pass is made; they can't grab a ball that passes only some inches away and definitely are all (don't matter constitution) prone to fall to the floor as soon as someone aproaches. Now the CPU likes to score by doing quite long and unrealistic through passes that can pass through everything, only they are pathetic when trying to beat my keeper.

The worst is that the game CHANGES directions of your shoots too many times in 1 vs 1 situations. And your best plays end up to the post too frequently. And deflections and balls cleared away (no matter direction, power, etc...) are 90% driven straight to the feet of the opponent (that is unmarked, of course).

All that together only shows, to me, a great level of lazyness to the developing team, trying to make the engine last until people gets tired of it. Add to that the infamous master league that has practically no changes.

By the way, I play WE9 since release, in case you try to say "this game plays differently". I know how is meant to be played, and single player is BORING.

I will play against my mates, of course, because in humans vs. human it will still be impressive, but single player is dead.

I also agree. They seem to be too many fan boys. Magazines have already given this 10/10 even with all the problems. You sometimes wonder how bar has konami have to get before it gets 9 or 8 out of 10. Why should konami improve the game if they always get 10 out of 10. This game is boring. I win with no problems 3 to 4 nil on 5 star but it's just boring.

My problems

1-) Shooting: Even if you just tap the button the power bar charges to its max.
2-) Fouls: You run down the wing with henry, terry is chasing you. Terry who is speed 76 catches up to henry speed 92 on the diaganol. Terry then pushes , tugs your player and gets the ball, you in return chase him down without using x button and just get the ball, all of a suuden the whistle goes. The refs have ruined this game. There is a huge differcne between the fouls you get and what the cpu gets. Example the cpu breaks away and drogba is ahead of me i catch him up and run beside him the ref blows for a foul and sends my player off, yet when the cpu pulls my shirt, barges me the ref does nothing.
3-) No 360 degree rotation on freekicks.
4-) No control on who defends/attack corners or freekicks.
5-) Heading: The cpu can still do 40 to 50 yard pin point headers while you can only do 10 yards.
6-) Player response to rebounds and loose balls is shocking. They just stand there.
7-) Your own players don't run towards the ball in the centre of the pitch, but will run towards the ball and knock it out of play with no problems on the wings.
8-) No control on the ball after slide tackling, while the cpu can shoot , pass.
9-) Heading is rubbish. You have no control on when you jump for the ball. A lot of times my player will not even jump they just will bow there head down.
10-) Players running away from the ball.
11-) The super cancel gets on my nerves. It is now harder to pass to a player who is closer. IF the player is too close by the time you have pressed super cancel the cpu gets the ball. R2 is useless as your player moves slowly to the ball.
12-) Throwins are rubbish, why did they change it from PES3.
13-) Konami have added new animations to goal throws but you still don't control the power or height of the ball.
14-) Powered pass on freekicks does nothing. If you charge it to its max it acts the same way as when you just tap it.
15-) Switching players is still poor.
16-) Through balls are poor, what happened to the powered through ball.
17-) Interceptions are just passes to the cpu player who does not have to move.
18-) Crossing: all they have changed in manual crossing is the height and speed. but the problem is you have no control on height or speed. Its easy for the cpu to defend as the ball will only go to 3 positions near , middle or far. As soon as there is more than 1 of your players in the box, you have no control where tha ball goes.
19-) The ball physics as mentioned above are a joke. I sometimes laugh as evertime the cpu challenges for the ball and the ball spins out it always go towards the cpu player, even worse if it does go towards you player your player would just stand there.
20) Players still jump,kick, slide tackle and head the ball without you pr-essing the button.
21-) The master league is just boring. Why would konami think that spending half an hour per day to train your players by running your player around the pitch is an improevemnt. Almost every other game that has training involves you hiring staff. Having to do the same routine for 20 to 30 players so that you can update there stats has turned me off playing master league.
22-) Whats happenedd to the R1 one two. I have tried this game with 3 game pads and most the time they just don't run.

Konami wants to automate everything. You get less and less control on what happens on the pitch. Classic example is passing you can only pass to two players the closest or the one furthest away, not the one in the middle.

The game is turning into hit and hope.
1) You press the button and you hope the through ball goes to the player you pointing to not the player behind you.
2) You press the header button and hope your player jumps, you then hope your player does not head it towards the cpu player.

Last of all just because PES is better than Fifa does not meen squat. EA and Konami are doing little to improve there games as they know that the fanboys from both sides will give the game 9 or 10 out of ten, and would still but it in the millions.

the game is good in general speaking i just finished 5 games with arsenal vs chealse on 5 star's and i will let the result's speak
1- 1:4 i had a shity squad with almost every one has a gray or blue arrows
2- 2:2 i had a good game but i made some deffencive mistakes
3- 2:2 i was squashed but henry managed to keep me alive
4- 4:2 that was my first win in a 5 star game and i dominated(and chealse missed a couple of goals)
5- 3:0 i had a very active squad almost all of them were red or orange arrows i was all over chealse's goal

so as you may see the game is good like in real life football if you have a great conditions you win or some times you lose but in general that's football i am actually amazed by the people that moan thay can't win or thay can't win the ball in the opponent half
people that's not the game's falt that's your falt and sure it ain't perfect and it can't be so calm down

Back
Top Bottom