PES3/WE7 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by fmicablues7, 14 November 2017.

1. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    does anyone have wendetta patch update 1.1 and 1.2 for pes 3?

2. Flipper the Priest

Flipper the Priest Vorlander Enthusiast

15 July 2003
    Having gone back to revisit the the series' golden age I found myself surprised: PES 3 is comfortably the pick of the bunch.

Totally forgotten how brilliant it is to play. Now doing some editing to bring it up to scratch and then I'm head first into a Master League!

3. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
  4. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    Definitely. Will do it in stages. I nearly have a base one with flags, kits and names (stadiums, teams and players).

Next stops are removing the fake/duplicate players and fixing the starting XIs. That'll involve the creation of two new teams. But who...

mattmid likes this.
  5. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    Hmm, throw a few out there... Besiktas, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, AEK Athens, Lokomotiv Moscow? Or your team if they're not in there, after all you're making it. :)

6. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    Panathinaikos and Olympiacos are already there. With Fenerbahce and Galatasaray already there I reckon we're at the Turkish complement. Lokomotiv are in the hat. I was leaning towards them and Basel, as they were the only two teams that made it to the knockout stages of the 02-03 Champions League that aren't in the game. They may have qualified for the option file as a result.

No-one wants the 2003 Aberdeen team in their option file. Not even me.

7. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    Lokomotiv and Basel it is. Started to put existing players into the Lokomotiv squad - boy are the squads out of date. It might start a transfer merry-go-round, which might mean decimated squads, which might mean creating players. It's growing arms and legs earlier than expected.

8. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    Just read the Aberdeen comment. :LOL:

That seems a good choice, things are never straightforward with an OF :)

9. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    Option file is coming along. Far more transfers to do than I remembered and anticipated. Some corners have been cut, admittedly, by using stats from later games as a base. There's some other funny business going on that isn't 100% accurate. Time was I'd be scouring photo archives and posting on Czech forums to find out which number Jiri Nemec wore for Sparta Prague in 2003, but I wasn't a fully-grown man with a full time job and girlfriend then.

10. MadbaLL

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    @Flipper the Priest i don't understand, are you editinig default option file (season 2003/2004) or you are making current season one?

i hope it is 2003/2004 and you can you wednetta patch option file as a base.

11. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    Editing the default option file to the squads as they were at the game's release.

General rule of thumb: if a player was, according to transfermarkt.co.uk, in a team's squad on 17th October 2003 and played a minute of league football in the 2003-04 season - they're in.

I'll check out the Wendetta patch OF, and see what's what. But I'm so much of a control freak that I might not do much with it!

MadbaLL likes this.
  12. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    I've bitten off more than I expected but I'm chewing away. Two teams created and 20 teams updated leaves me at 22/66. That's one third! [jigs]

The classic players are drying up so I'm going to have to overwrite some 'active' players. That'll be fun(!)

Looking forward to getting it completed, sharing, and starting that ML...

MadbaLL, miguelfcp and mattmid like this.
  13. MadbaLL

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    can you be a little more specific about edits you make? :)

14. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    Focused heavily on transfers.

As previously: if a player was, according to transfermarkt.co.uk, in a team's squad on 17th October 2003 (UK release date) and played a minute of league football in the 2003-04 season - they're in.

If they were on loan at a team not in the game, I've only left them in if they returned in the future to play for their parent club in real life.

Created player attributes are based on the player's stats other PES games, adjusted depending on the player's age. Lots of stats from PES4 as you can imagine. If a player has never appeared in any PES, I've used stats based on similar players from over the series, going by position, age, height and nationality.

Appearances are rough. Skin colour, head and facial hair style and colour.

A bit of guesswork in the formations, lineups, kickers and captains. Tried my best by putting together info from the web and other PES games.

A purist and hardcore editors may see a few corners cut here but I don't have the time and/or willing to make it more detailed!

MadbaLL likes this.
  15. slamsoze

slamsoze Premiership

28 September 2010
    Are you using a database for pes4 stats? Or you are checking them straight from the game? Cause the only known database we have, pes Master has only pes5 stats in the pre11 era.

16. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    For PES4, 5 and 6 (even 2 in the odd instance) it's been straight from the game. However, this has come in very handy.

slamsoze likes this.
  17. MadbaLL

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    well, that bolded was the part i've read before, when you started your mission :).

i was wondering about possible edits regarding team list, kits, faces, balls... do you change something in those matters or everything stays as default, meaning only option files is to be edited?

18. Flipper the Priest

15 July 2003
    Only option file. I don't know much/anything about patching! Maybe one day but unlikely.

Badges, stadium names, team names, kits are all edited within the option file. Not all my own work, admittedly, but I'll credit it.

MadbaLL likes this.
  19. Lobbedball

Lobbedball League 1

14 July 2018
    Which game is better? Btw pes 3 to pes 6?

20. M2015

M2015 Non-League

30 September 2015
    PES3 is the best