PES3/WE7 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by fmicablues7, 14 November 2017.

1. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    Quite helpful, thanks ! Do you know exactly which default players are affected ?

2. vihn78

vihn78 League 1

22 July 2006
    Częstochowa, Polska
    Real Madrid, Napoli
    If you use the option file editor, then those players are classified as "Master League Youths". Its a total of 23 players.
    upload_2018-4-22_19-38-8.png

Also the good news is that those players appear in Master League only if bought by the player. Or at least I think so. I have never seen any CPU buy those players. So it's not a big deal at all to keep them untouched.

fmicablues7 likes this.
  3. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    did you miss my :P on purpose? :)

you are absolutely wrong about pes3/we7i comparison, but in any case, lets agree that we don't agree. ;)

4. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    Thanks, much appreciated. I also noticed that some players cannot be edited in-game, like Cristiano Ronaldo. He can only be edited outside the game.

5. vihn78

vihn78 League 1

22 July 2006
    Częstochowa, Polska
    Real Madrid, Napoli
    Are you sure? Because I checked and I can edit him inside the game. I checked on PES3 where he is still in Sporting CP and I could change anything. Inside we7i I think he was already transferred to Manchester United.

6. vialli82

vialli82 Championship

4 September 2005
    Juventus
    All of those weird players stats was corrected on WE7I Japanese version (i was editing already transfers at that time), but it's only on PS2, with winter transfers, and very different from the WE7i Korean or US version on PC, those are exactly the same as PES3, roster too.
    I remember for me at least, PES3 was a bit too easy to score and more direct than WE7I... But PES3 was a very good game, no doubt, very fun.

WE7I Japanese version should be for you @fmicallblues , i know it's better to play it on PC...
    If there was a way to copy/paste attributes from WE7I-J, but no.

7. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    Weird. I'll take a look again, but i'm pretty sure it was the case, as i was trying to create current Ronaldo over the default one.

I know about WE7I Jap. I actually tried it for a few matches on pcsx2 emulator, and it is no doubt an advanced version of PES3/WE7IUS, but it's an easier game than PES 3 IMO. If you read that thread below, you'll see that people find we7i jap easier than pes 3, the same for PES 5/6...

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-3-master-league-serie-a-b-95-96.70733/

Anyway, i'm not so sure about stats being more balanced in WE7I Jap, i remember Shevchenko was also overpowered in it, i'll take a look again too.

8. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    That patch looked amazing.
    I do like the fact that there are only 64 club teams to edit in game.
    Also for some reason kitserver seems less complicated than in PES6.
    Would love to see a classic English OF.

9. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Does anyone know the location to edit the kits in GGS?

10. vialli82

vialli82 Championship

4 September 2005
    Juventus
    It's not about balance, it's about coherence.
    Stats are very weird in PES 3, like some players sets have been "bugged", especially players which wasn't in WE7

fmicablues7 likes this.
  11. Madmac79

Madmac79 Premiership

11 September 2006
    I also remember this We7I version you are talking about being bugged with stuff like corners impossible to cross on the second post and other similar things (I also remember a bug in which if you paused before the ball went in, you'd get another goal on the scoreboard, but I'm not sure if it was this exact game).

It was an evolution in some aspects, no doubt, but WE7 was a better and more polished game overall, or at least I have a strong memory of this being the case.

lazoli and fmicablues7 like this.
  12. Orhainmalz

Orhainmalz League 2

16 March 2018
    England
    Arsenal F.C.
    according to @Titch earlier on in this thread it was PES 3 that had the bug which is pretty much identical to we7i, right? sorry, I don't know too much about the jap/usa side of things

13. yaso

yaso Non-League

17 July 2006
    Haven´t posted on EvoWeb in a long time. Long story short - I have become a bit disillusioned with the state of offline gameplay in more recent iterations of PES and have gone back to the games from the PS2 era (playing on PC).

The last "retro" PES I played extensively was WE9 Liveware Evolution but as the ML seasons racked up my team got quite good and I found the AI to be too stale, especially in attack, even on 6 stars difficulty.

So after reading a lot of comments praising the challenging and diverse AI of PES 3/WE 7I, I am now looking to start a new ML on a patched version of one of the two. Initially I installed WE7I + Wendetta 1.3 patch (2003/04 season rosters) and have spent some time with it but after reading your comments about differences in gameplay between that and PES 3 I decided to give PES 3 a go as well and decide for myself which one to start my ML on.

However, I found out that while WE7I has only one version of the exe (the original 1.0), PES 3 has two official Konami patches on top of the original 1.0: 1.10.2 and 1.30.1. I was wondering how much of a gameplay difference they make and which .exe version would you recommend for the most challenging experience against the AI in ML?

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

fmicablues7 likes this.
  14. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    Very good choice mate, WE9LE is a great game (especially in multiplayer), but it is surely easier than PES3/WE7I against the CPU, which is more dynamic in attack. PES 3 official patches are not gameplay patches, back in the days, the game was badly optimized on PC, and the patches tried to correct that, with also a few others minor tweaks. I personally play 1.0 version, because it has 5 chants per team, in the others versions, there is only one chant per team. It was done to optimize the game, but since you should have a modern pc, you shouldn't have any problem with that. But there are absolutely no gameplay differences. Feel free to share your experience of the game on the Retro PES Thread.

yaso likes this.
  15. Orhainmalz

Orhainmalz League 2

16 March 2018
    England
    Arsenal F.C.
    PES3 works fine on an Atom N270 clocked at 1.6ghz (equiv. to a 2001 pentium 3 or a 800mhz celeron from 2008) with 1GB of RAM, and a GMA950, aside from some lag (tested 1.0), though I play on ps2 myself.

16. yaso

yaso Non-League

17 July 2006
    Thanks for the clarification about PES 3 official patches, much appreciated!

I downloaded Wendetta 2003-2004 patch for PES 3 from gamefront but I noticed there is a "Wendetta PES 3 Fix 1.1" for the same patch in the list. However, no matter what browser I used to download the 1.1 fix it would always end up as a corrupt .rar file on my PC. I guess it was uploaded that way :(

Does anyone have an alternative link for Wendetta 2003-2004 1.1 fix or by any chance has kept it on their HDD and is willing to share?

17. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    keithbarker and yaso like this.
  18. Grayperview

Grayperview Streamer

13 December 2002
    Everton fc
    Is there any way to play pes3 PC version on a 360 controller using Xinput?

I'm happy playing the ps2 version, but it would be nice to get the pc version off the shelf and play it.

19. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    I play PES 3 with a 360 controller without any problem, i'm not using any software.

20. Grayperview

Grayperview Streamer

13 December 2002
    Everton fc
    push both triggers together, cancelled each other out when i played it. the PS2 version through the emulator is fine though.

21. slamsoze

slamsoze Championship

28 September 2010
    My 360 controller runs fine but does this action in every PES from 3 to 2017. When you push both triggers RT+LT they are canceled for some reason.It must be 360's issue cause my Logitech and my Nacon work perfect pushing both triggers.

22. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    Why would you push both triggers at the same time though ? I never do that.

slamsoze likes this.
  23. slamsoze

slamsoze Championship

28 September 2010
    In the older games (pes3) i do it accidentally,sometimes with Logitech cause is too small for my hands, to hold it better when i press R2.So sometimes i do it by muscle memory with xbox30 controler.
    In newer games i do it cause L2+R2=finesse manual pass/cross/shot

lazoli and fmicablues7 like this.
  24. lazoli

lazoli Premiership

16 February 2005
    Any of you know where the team names are stored in PES3/WE7I? In the exe? If so is there an exe editor?

25. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    There is a normal editor that will edit the OF and not the exe.

26. lazoli

lazoli Premiership

16 February 2005
    Thanks. Was looking for more of a permanent solution which requires exe editing.

27. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Other than that not sure sorry.

28. Chilleverest

Chilleverest Conference

6 June 2018
    How do you see player's age in ML ?

29. vihn78

vihn78 League 1

22 July 2006
    Częstochowa, Polska
    Real Madrid, Napoli
    if you open the data_e in afs explorer then look for the path 150pl/auto/uni. There you will find all the kits of the game

Orhainmalz likes this.
  30. Anjin

Anjin #NoTengoDinero

29 April 2012
    I figured this would be the best place since its PES 3 specific thread.

I have a very weird problem with the resolution. Not only the kitserver setting doesn't work, I have to change resolution in settings every single time since it doesnt save. I use 1920x1080 screen, and game sets itself by default to 1280x1024 which makes right part of the screen pitch black.

On top of that every single time I have to go to options and swap from keyboard to a controller since it's always keyboard-only by default.

Changing things in settings.exe does not seem to have any effect whatsoever. Funny thing is that while kitserver's resolution option does not seem to work, camera zoom part is spot on.

I am using sweetfx if that means anything. Also Win10.

Any ideas whats going on? I am utterly confused. :(

EDIT: Of course I figure thingies out right after making a post.

Error seems to be that in kserv.cfg, at least in my case, one option was named sscreen.height, deleted the suspicious s and now game starts in nice 1080p, also screenshots and recordings are in that resolution which is awesome.

But I'm still wondering about controller issue, is it like this for everyone?

Last edited: 1 July 2018
    Tinker and mare3 like this.