PES3/WE7 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by fmicablues7, 14 November 2017.

1. Orhainmalz

Orhainmalz League 2

16 March 2018
    England
    Arsenal F.C.
    lol! :D
    gonna have to try that some time if I feel like it :p

2. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    So i basically scrapped windows 10, just for playing a 15 years old game. That shows how crazy good this game is.

3. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    it works fine with windows 10, i have we7i on pc's with win10 and win7.

4. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    We7i works fine on win10, i know. But as i said earlier, i prefer pes 3 because it is harder than we7i (no placebo effect, i tried a lot of matches last month between the two games). Unfortunately, pes 3 was stuttering on win10, and it now works fine with win7. I always liked win7, so it was no big deal for me. I had to do some shady stuff to install it but it was worth it in the end.

5. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    it's not harder... you simply like pes because of its name :P... we7i is same or better... worse - definitely not!

also pes3 worked in my case on win10 without any issue.

6. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    My knowledge of European football expanded because of PES3. I was so excited to watch Shevchenko play on the TV :D

MadbaLL and fmicablues7 like this.
  7. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    Sorry, but you're plain wrong. I don't play a game for his name, i'd be playing FIFA 18 if that was the case. Generally speaking, Winning Eleven Series were always less "arcade" than PES-es: WE9 was harder than PES 5, WE8 harder than PES4, and so on... So i used to prefer the Winning Eleven edition. But that was not the case concerning the transition from PES 3 to WE7I. WE7I was more arcade than PES 3, which was also more arcade than WE7 from Japan. It doesn't mean it was worse (off-ball movements were better for example) . It was just obviously faster, a tad easier to score goals, there was less pressing from cpu and cpu was less clinical. Reading some threads from back then on soccergaming.com and pesfan.com, i also found some people thinking the same, so it's not only me.

I suppose you didn't play PES3 as extensively as i did and assumed WE7I is better, because it was released later. But hey, WE7I is a great game too, the second best football game of Konami if you want, so i don't want to loose much more time convincing you, so feel free to play WE7I, if you feel it is the better game of the two.

8. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    As we know from PES to PES there has been a massive difference in gameplay. From what I've read in the past, there has even been a difference between each WE and PES so it's very plausible that there could be a difference in difficulty. Saying that, I have never played that WE version so I can't say for definite. Just trying to be diplomatic :)

9. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    I loved Shevchenko, but he was so overrated in PES 3. :LOL:
    This is maybe the most annoying flaw of PES 3, the players ratings are really weird. See Inzaghi's stats for example.

NFS_FM likes this.
  10. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    He was decent in real life though wasn't he?
    Do you remember Chiesa? His stats were pretty good. Never heard about him in real life :LOL:
    Have been tempted to update PES3. Would be good to see how current players would play in it. Pretty sure you can't change nationalities in the edit mode. Also if you edit players you have to go to their original club to find them :II

11. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    He was more than decent, he was an incredible striker. Just too much overrated in PES 3. PSD stats for him are quite spot on, i think.

I don't remember Chiesa. At the time, i always played with friends on PES 3 and rarely played single player sadly, my master league love began with PES 5 and 6.

You can easily edit in current players with the PES 3 editor, if you're playing on PC ? In-game editing is quite weird, so i mostly stick to pes 3 editor, where you can edit nationalities and make transfers as you want. You can even modify some hidden stats and stars, like Weak Foot Frequency, ML salary, sliding star, interception star, libero star, etc...

12. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Didn't realise there were hidden stats.
    Might give it a go.

13. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Btw which editor is that?

14. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    It is included in this pack which collects some tools for pes3/4.

Orhainmalz likes this.
  15. mattmid

mattmid Premiership

15 December 2011
    I'll have to have a look at this, I've never played PES3, PES4 was my first one.

Chiesa was a prolific scorer in Serie A in the late 90's early 00's. I believe his son plays in Serie A now.

fmicablues7 likes this.
  16. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Maybe his stats were justified then.
    Anyway him and Shevchenko up front in my ML :D
    I might forget about updating it and just play it as it is. I created all my friends from school and replaced Northern Ireland for some reason. I then started a league and wrote down the scores and did a match report :D
    I even once recorded myself doing match commentary...

lazoli and mattmid like this.
  17. Orhainmalz

Orhainmalz League 2

16 March 2018
    England
    Arsenal F.C.
    Seaman had a GK skill of only 72 but a defence stat of around 94, any reason to this?

Also the way Brackley says PES United makes me think they used a text to speech program, lol, but PES3 smashes into the top corner exceptionally in gameplay

fmicablues7 likes this.
  18. miguelfcp

miguelfcp Premiership

27 June 2009
    PES3 has quite a lot of strange statsheets, like young players having outrageously high stats on an otherwise plain and weak statsheet. This was fixed from PES4 onwards, but these extreme way of judging player stats worked like a charm to portray differences between good and bad teams: a while ago I played a World Cup with Saudi Arabia and the majority of my players were as horrible as I never got to see ever again on a football game. Because of this you could spot the decent/average ones rightaway, contributing a lot for that sense of player individuality.

19. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Stats in PES1 were much lower too. There was even a stat called Stability.
    I agree about the balance of stats. It was rare to come across players with high stats all over. Maybe that was better? It was certainly easier to spot players for their individuality.

20. vihn78

vihn78 League 1

22 July 2006
    Częstochowa, Polska
    Real Madrid, Napoli
    I have tried updating pes 3 hundreds of times, but the job is too much to handle for just one guy. Especially that I am a bit slow with stats editing, and I also like to update kits. but I make only mocks that more or less looks like the actual kits, nothing too precise. I woudln't mind giving some help for a patch. I have studied the option file structure a lot, so I know very well what to touch and what to leave undone to avoid crashes.

lazoli and MadbaLL like this.
  21. mattmid

mattmid Premiership

15 December 2011
    That's quite a strike force! I know Jack Charlton played loads of Englishmen for Ireland but I think taking all your friends and playing them for Northern Ireland is pushing it :D:LOL: Mind you they probably wouldn't have done any worse back then...

22. miguelfcp

miguelfcp Premiership

27 June 2009
    @Titch: I think so, the problem with PES3 is that most of less the lesser-known players' stats were wrong. Back then that used to bother me, but 15 years later I understand how ahead-of-its-time that gameplay was and still remains one of my favourite PES ever to play in 2018, which says a lot. With such a gameplay, I don't even care if the whole database was made of Oranges000s, it's worth it anyway.

lazoli likes this.
  23. fmicablues7

fmicablues7 Premiership

15 July 2013
    What do you mean about crashes ? I never had one so far. I would be willing to help for a patch too, preferably a classic patch with mostly 2000's (pes era) teams would be cool.

24. mattmid

mattmid Premiership

15 December 2011
    I've just downloaded the wendetta WE7 patch and about to give it a try. Which is the best PES3 one to download?

Having read through the whole thread I have a feeling I may have played pes3 after all because I do remember handballs being in pes, were they in pes4 as well though as perhaps that was where I remember it from.

25. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    The advantage rule was actually half decent too.
    I may look at PESSDB for current players then somehow reduce some of the stats so they feel more suitable for PES3. I think if you were to add them as they were you would get too many OP players.

26. mattmid

mattmid Premiership

15 December 2011
    I wonder if Lazanet could add the pasting option to the editor that he's added to the pes5 and 6 one.

27. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    That would be very helpful.
    Guess it's not much of a problem in PES3 as there are considerably less teams.

28. mattmid

mattmid Premiership

15 December 2011
    Yeah. I hope he can get around to the csv import if he has time, that would be huge. The pasting is a great time saver but a full csv import would be incredible for option file editing.

vihn78 likes this.
  29. lazoli

lazoli Premiership

16 February 2005
    They still exist in PES4 but not as often. PES3 had too many of them :/

Orhainmalz and mattmid like this.
  30. vihn78

vihn78 League 1

22 July 2006
    Częstochowa, Polska
    Real Madrid, Napoli
    Well, once for example I changed values of some special players made to develop stats based on how good they play. There is only a bunch of those players, like for example a polish goalkeeper called Strindberg or something like that. Since those players are meant to change stat during the Master League (while normal players do not change their stats) if you modify them and the buy them in Master League, the match will crash. So not every single player available in the option file can be "touched". Fortunately there are just a bunch of them.