PES2008 professional tutorial?

AlaaEG

Crunching
29 September 2007
Can someone provide a complete tutorial/tips and tricks for playing PES2008? Like when doing ... Press L2, how to make a good cross etc.

I played a lot of PES/WE versions but I only started playing it regularly a few months ago. Thanks. :)

I am looking for free ones made by a professional player. :) I can't order these guides as I am living in Egypt.

selam

use R2 to slow down when running helps menouver
up and cricle on corners makes low cross
use training mode and you will get better
try making croses not just passes on floor since in pes 2008 cpu is better at stealing
and just keep playing and inshallah you will get better

Salam

Thanks for your input. In corners I use :l1:+:circle:+UP to make a strong cross.. Anyone knows how to stop the ball when it passes next to me? Sometimes the player just ignore the ball and let it go to the opposition. Happens when the COM/other player attacks and passes the ball to another player while my player is in between.

not sure i get that too but sometimes when sometimes pass the ball to me i press R2 and it makes my player face the opposing goalie and also helps when i am trying to controll the ball when in air

Gonna try that.

Anyone has defensive tips??!! Contribute to the community...

Set all your Defenders as "CB",turn off the offside trap, let your defenders stay deep in the defence, let your enemy come, then start a counter attack ;)

Your Wing Defenders will stay in the Defensive, so you won´t have them as a support in the Offensive but who cares as long as you have less problems conceding a goal :D

Set all your Defenders as "CB",turn off the offside trap, let your defenders stay deep in the defence, let your enemy come, then start a counter attack ;)

Your Wing Defenders will stay in the Defensive, so you won´t have them as a support in the Offensive but who cares as long as you have less problems conceding a goal :D

I use a similar strategy to this, but I guess it depends on play style, as some folks like having the wing backs come up in the attack. For me, I like my defenders to play defense solely.

Also, consider that PES is supposed to be a re-creation of actual football, so be mindful of how you go about defending top class attackers on the harder difficulties, learn to use the player you control to cut off his potential receiving options, while bringing in a 2nd defender to pressure him. Do not always try to get the ball back so quickly, that is one of the easiest ways to leave your keeper in a one on one situation.

Another Tip for you, try to improve your one-two passes, they are very effective, but you will realize that soon enough

Another Tip for you, try to improve your one-two passes, they are very effective, but you will realize that soon enough

Very true, the 1-2 passes are an essential part to any attack, even if you don't "complete" the 1-2 pass, having that player make a run can take a defender away from a possible lane for a shot, pass, cross, etc.

Which buttons do you use in defending? The COM sometimes makes an efficient stop to make the ball hit the player.

Sometimes the ball hits my player and goes a few yards away from him. Is there a way to stop that or it is something in PES?

Is there an efficient way to stop the opposition from becoming Maradona? :D The whole game seems to be like Maradona reincarnates.

just try to stay on yourman this might include letting go of the x button and sometimes uese supercancel to adjust your player for the optimal covering

What about Crossing? I mostly make it too high or too short!

Come on people! We are all playing this game for fun...Share your thoughts!

Which buttons do you use in defending? The COM sometimes makes an efficient stop to make the ball hit the player.

Sometimes the ball hits my player and goes a few yards away from him. Is there a way to stop that or it is something in PES?

Is there an efficient way to stop the opposition from becoming Maradona? :D The whole game seems to be like Maradona reincarnates.

Playing against COM, the ball will always end up far away from your player and heading to the closest COM player :roll:. I get that all the time at top difficulty. Anyway, when attacking, receive passes holding :r2: is better. When defending is better to wait for your opponent pressing :r2: to face him and have more control over your player, and wait until you´re close enough to press :x:

Yeah, holding R2 does seem to work, also try to cut off their passing options and they will have to go back.

What about Crossing? I mostly make it too high or too short!

Come on people! We are all playing this game for fun...Share your thoughts!
Some tip:

I like to do this, keep running along the side pitch with your player, press run button (mine is R1) twice when u run, then press the cross button, once for long cross, twice for short cross or a cross close to the goal and thrice (three times) for a low cross. What difference this make than the usual run and cross, is for me, i think the cross made is better and more accurate. Anyway, to score from a cross depends on your striker on how he react when he receives the ball, and also his position.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom