PES2008 for PS2 on PS3 Question!

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
After selling FIFA 08 on 360 I am now without any console footie action for the first time in ages - sooooo... I am thinking of getting PES2008 (PS2 version) for PS3. I've got it for PSP and its quality, so I know I like the game and I know its like PES6 etc.

Couple of Q's though...

1) Can you transfer option files for the PS2 to the PS3? Worried about default kits etc, so would like an OF with created kits on (not a patch).

2) Can you play online on the PS3 version?

Looking at getting this today, so any quick answers would be appreciated!

Thanks, Paul

You can copy PS2 saves onto the PS3 but you need a PS2 Memory card adapter

psone-and-ps2-memory-card-adaptor-connected-to-ps3.jpg

-

Online, i have tried to play a PS2 game online and it did connect to the servers - but it was Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 and no one else was online so i couldnt play anyone --- but it did connect up ok

So it SHOULD work online but i cant say for certain that PES will work 100%

You can copy PS2 saves onto the PS3 but you need a PS2 Memory card adapter

Online, i have tried to play a PS2 game online and it did connect to the servers - but it was Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 and no one else was online so i couldnt play anyone --- but it did connect up ok

So it SHOULD work online but i cant say for certain that PES will work 100%

Thanks - I havent got a PS2 or a PS2 Memory Card, so thats a bad start! I wondered if you could download an OF from the PS3 browser - or transfer a OF by USB Mem stick?

Also, I have heard from checking round that later FW updates stopped PES2008 for PS2 working online with PS3.

To be honest, its the OF i am more concerned about!

Thanks again!

you'd need to convert the PS2 file into PS3 format and then you could copy it across using a usb mem stick

Erm...

With the Sony memory card adapter and a PS2 memory card. You'd need someone to transfer the save to the PS2 memory card and then use the adapter to transfer this to the PS3. Then they will then copy the .psv file that is created on the PS3 to their PC and send this to you to copy to your PS3 via a USB stick

there are instructions here how to get ps2 saves onto the ps3
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/2savedata.html

--

I found this site where someone did all the hard work for someone --

http://ps2-scene.org/forums/ps3-general-discussion/54372-ps2-save-conversion-to-ps3-thread.html

-- so maybe you could try begging someone there who has the tools?

Last edited:
Cool, cheers!

Seems like it should be easy... just need to find a convertor. There is an answer on Yahoo Answers which makes me think anyone can do it fairly simply.

Well, I've ordered PES2008 now for £16 and should hopefully be here Tuesday, so if I manage to do anything, I'll post it back in here so it may help somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom