PES09 - Shots from range

oNeberlin

League 2
21 August 2007
Germany
hey folks,

i think that shots from distance on goal are very hard to do.

in pes 2008 it was easier to score from 20 or 30 meters - any new tricks or technic to score from the distance?

regards,

one ( i play the pes09 demo on pc )

I just asked the same on the other thread.

I'm actually questioning if it is possible to do them, and to show some video evidence, because I haven't seen 1 single video yet which shows a really powerful shot on goal from a long distance, and from what I've played, it didn't seem possible.

You can score from range, but dont expect to shoot well from a player who is almost
static.

To me it seems the more momentum a player has, the better the shot he can unleash.

If you can accelerate quick and get a shot in, it usually is a rasper that causes
the keeper some difficulty to stop.

All we have at the moment in the demo is ALL players on a green arrow. On the final release, hit some long range shots with a good player on a red arrow. I'm sure you'll see the difference.

The level of difficulty affects the AI's player movements and decisions, not how good the keepers are or how easy it is to shoot, methinks?

Be sure to use players that have the middle-shooting ability (if you don't already). It's much more in the timing of your shot now. Be sure your stride is perfect and you release the shoot button when the preferred foot is touching the ball. Far less power is needed than in 2008. Even 25% is heaps in 2009.

Scholes and Gerrard have scored some crackers from outside the box for me, but it is not as easy as 2008.

Last edited:
It would be unrealistic if ALL your shots hit the target...

I've scored a few long range goals now, some blasted, some dipping, and a cross :D

The CPU controlled players also shoot from distance as well, I've conceded a screamer or two as well.

Back
Top Bottom