PES 7: Wish List

Id love a 'slow down' mode where you can use this special feature once a game where your nearest opponent comes near you and time slows down and you have to trick the player into going the wrong way, imagine that when youve got a 1 on 1.

penalty chip, rotating adboards more than four slots...adboards which are complete that continue round the stadium ie old trafford , emierates an all the above

SWOS had a great save feature where you could save the highlights of a match, rather than just a goal.

I would like to see that in PES. Would be good for submitting to online leagues.

Cheers
Shooto

Here's a clever suggestion:
A new 1-8 "skills" stats, where you can put from one to eight different tricks. The thing is, there should be like 30 feints, dribbles and different moves to choose from (you could choose 1 to eight depending on the player's stat). I'm not talking about fantasy and unreal tricks, but normal skills you see everyday from talented or not so talented players. So for example Cristiano Ronaldo would become a box full of tricks, and other players would become one trick ponies.

Only thing would be how to implement 8 tricks...

Maybe it should be decreased 4 tricks max.

Those are some great ideas in here, maybe someone can compile them, put them in an online petition and fans can e-sign it and we'll post it to Konami. If they see thousands and thousands singing the petition, I'm sure they will raise their brows and finally realised what we fans have been lacking and hopefully they'll start designing the next PES with ideas by fans for the fans themselves.

It shouldnt be called a wish list, we fans/consumers have powers to, and everything in here can and should be heard by Konami. One thing for sure, we fans musnt give up voicing our ideas and opinions. Sooner or later Konami will have to realise if they wana keep the franchise going, they will have to listen to their consumers. It sounds like a longshot, but worth mentioning.

Anyone then? :mrgreen:

ps I'm an idealist and realist, sometimes, success starts with dreams.

I want to see a more alive crowd in pes7. I think this feature would add much realism. When you make a nice dribble or counter attack with more players than the defender's the crowd should react.
Sorry for my bad english

Almost the same game, but with a lot more capacity for teams...
It doesn't matter if it is impossible to acquire licenses, they should make something like League A, B, C, D, E, F (like they did with Other C and their teams) to allow us to edit those teams and have a lot more leagues to use...

Here's a clever suggestion:
A new 1-8 "skills" stats, where you can put from one to eight different tricks. The thing is, there should be like 30 feints, dribbles and different moves to choose from (you could choose 1 to eight depending on the player's stat). I'm not talking about fantasy and unreal tricks, but normal skills you see everyday from talented or not so talented players. So for example Cristiano Ronaldo would become a box full of tricks, and other players would become one trick ponies.

Only thing would be how to implement 8 tricks...

Maybe it should be decreased 4 tricks max.

i had EXACTLY that same idea for more then a year in my head :P
and in godsname, they must improve the stepovers !!! they are totaly useles in the game, only the single stepover works sometimes, but when you do 2 or 3 it looks slow motion, and the animations from it arent nice also

Those are some great ideas in here, maybe someone can compile them, put them in an online petition and fans can e-sign it and we'll post it to Konami. If they see thousands and thousands singing the petition, I'm sure they will raise their brows and finally realised what we fans have been lacking and hopefully they'll start designing the next PES with ideas by fans for the fans themselves.

It shouldnt be called a wish list, we fans/consumers have powers to, and everything in here can and should be heard by Konami. One thing for sure, we fans musnt give up voicing our ideas and opinions. Sooner or later Konami will have to realise if they wana keep the franchise going, they will have to listen to their consumers. It sounds like a longshot, but worth mentioning.

Anyone then? :mrgreen:

ps I'm an idealist and realist, sometimes, success starts with dreams.

yeah you are right, it would be great if konami could see some ideas from us

this features are available on pes4 or pes5, but doesn´t see till now in pes6
I'm not sure whether it was a cause of injury or not, but when I played Arsenal in ML I saw a bandage on Hleb's leg. I was curious why he was wearing it, because there was no injury information.

>> when playin' a two player league, why can't you see a fixture list thats pretty poor.

>> 2 player league with cups included ie champions league

>> manager animations with replays etc. when you score a goal you get to see jose mourinio in tears that would be nice, i hate that guy

>> get some new commentary cos its the cheesiest shit ever.

remember international olympics? if you got a score of say, 44.44 something random happened on the screen. You could have that in the game so the cpu chooses a random second in the game and if you score, maybe there could be a streaker or a dog or maybe crowd trouble or something. Maybe a bottle could hit a player and he has to be taken off or an injury for no apparent reason... just a pulled muscle or something. It would be nice if the game wasn't so scripted

Yes, we need more realism on and off the field!

But first please fix all the gameplay issues! heh.

Seeing as most of us win easily, I'd like to suggest...

1. All computer players should be faster than all human players.
2. Human throw ins should sometimes be intercepted by the computer but the human player shouldn't be able to get near when it's a computer throw in.
3. When playing a forward ball to a player in space, it should quite often go to a totally different player in an offside position.
4. When passing the ball out of your own area, it should sometimes go in a completely different direction to a computer player.
5. Any loose balls or hoofs up field should go to the computer.
6. The computer should not recieve cards for fouls.
7. The computer players should not run out of stamina.
8. Human full backs should always give computer wingers a head start by changing direction involuntarily.
9. The computer players should be able to nudge the human players when tackling so they can't retackle too quickly.
10. There should be cut scenes that can't be avoided such as referee running and pointing and players pushing each other. This will help to stop the human players momentum.

Oh man, seriously, best post ever. Not even because it's funny, but more because it's tragic, even psychological (how come if you present that to 99% of PES fans they'd smile and say in a robot voice "FIFA is shit," completely disregarding what they've just been presented with? As if they're part of a cult and anything you have to say is now irrelevant to them, that their God is real and perfect?).

I should say that if you love PES great, if not, great. I just think it's freakish the way that you mention any of that to most PES fans and they'll just say "heh, but X is great" or "no, that's realistic" or the aforementioned "yeah but FIFA is shit" despite the fact that the last time they played it was seven years ago. My brother-in-law drives me INSANE, you can mention the bugs to him and he'll do an Arsené Wenger - "what are you talking about, I didn't see that" or "it's totally realistic that my passes don't always go to the guy I want it to, sometimes even to a guy who is behind me, that happens all the time in football, you look one way and aim, then your body just tenses up like you're possessed and you kick the ball the opposite way, you see it every week on Match Of The Day, it's a natural bodily reaction to kicking a ball so many times, and besides, FIFA is shit..."

I tried to get him to have a quick five minutes on FIFA, and it really was as if he was brainwashed. He'd look at the ceiling, press the buttons and say "I don't like it" like that retard from Little Britain. As if he believed that if he so much as looked at another game the PES disc would never boot again.

That is like a work of art, that post. I'd put it in my sig but it's too long. What's even funnier is that if Konami read that I doubt they'd get the joke, or the tragedy of it.

EDIT: I just had to fit some of it into a new sig...

Last edited:
Very constructive and positive post Jack, very respectful too...if i would have posted that i bet you would have a reaction about my split personality....but i guess it's a free world and if a sad old man like me talks about respect he's moaning and ranting...
There is a story which sure has to be an urban legend that talks about people who are paid by EA just to be negative about games from other companies...i'm positive it's bullshit, but sometimes when i read your posts...that a reasonable guy like you...ah come on i have a déjà vu...
Like i said in another thread where you had some (fair) complaints about me: "aren't we all the same".
i'm gonna cuddle my wife a litle bit and who knows what pleasures could come of that...maybe i can see the second half of Sevilla (most attractive team in the world). Have a good evening jack.

If you'd have posted that I would have said "you're the last person on earth I thought would have posted that". :D

As I said above, you like what you like and that's great, but it is genuinely scary how so many people just won't listen to negative (but constructive) criticisms of PES. If it was any other game they'd say "yeah that's a good idea" but it comes to PES and it's "what, PES doesn't have any faults" and then talk over you screaming "FIFA IS SHIT" to drown out the words.

It's very strange.

I would like to see the following, most of these would be very easy to introduce -

1. Empty slots to allow for more teams to be created and added. If you look at the variance of OF's available with different teams, you can see the benefit of being able to keep adding teams to the same OF.

2. To be offered other jobs in the master league. Instead of winning the everything each year once you have built your team, it would be nice to go to another club in a different or the same league and manage another team without starting again. Sensible Soccer had this and it came on two floppy discs, not a DVD.

3. Different speed settings. I know from releasing OF's there is a huge difference in what everyone considers to be the right speed of the game.

4. Being able to set up online leagues through the game.

These really arent that hard to do and would cost much at all to develop. They don't need any extra licensing.

Then there is what everyone wants - all major league and strips and players.

Jack Bauer, we all know that pes its far from prefeect, i agree there is lots of gameplay problem with it, but again no game is prefeect right. i would love to play a great football simulation game, but there is non at the moment, & yes fifa is not a football game, its very repetitiv & boring sorry, i really hope fifa 08 will prove me wrong i pray 2 got, if that will ever happent, but i been hoping for years, every year i been disseppointed with ea. ignore my aviator am not a fanboy, all i want is the best sim football game to play with i don't care which company make it, & i hope Namco will work on they next football kindom, as i heard the game was great, it will be more competition, & we as a gamers will have more choices:)

Better defensive AI and less 30 yard "screamers"

edit: defensive AI.

11. You should sometimes give away a free kick when you have the ball and also when the computer has a goal kick and you don't even press a button.
12. Your attackers should run offside at every available chance when it's the computer's turn to win.
13. When closing down a player, the human player's defender should sometimes stop and pull away from the ball.
14. short free kicks should often go to the computer player that you see running to the ball just after pressing the pass button.
15. You should sometimes have a game where your players can not shoot on target and the computer scores with it's only shot because it happens in real life, even better if you have absolutely stonewall penalties turned down too.
16. The computer players should be able to avoid your tackles and if you do get a foot on the ball it should bobble back into his path as much as possible.
17. The human player should never win head tennis.
18. If the keeper pushes the ball up in the air, you should not be able to challenge for it.
19. In a 50-50 situation, the human player should slow down before he gets to the ball.
20. Advantage should only work for the computer. If you are fouled and left in a good position, it should be brought back for a free kick.

Last edited:
1. Make the ML interesting again... I suggest adding many more teams and leagues from around the world as well as adding some Football Manager elements. Basically, a total revamp.

2. Fix a lot of the little things that have annoyed everyone over the years. Pretty much all the things marukomu posted.

3. A crowd that actually sounds like its watching the game. Cheering not just for goals, but for mazy dribbling runs, passes, through balls, tackles, saves, etc. Jeers for fouls, dives, etc. Better commentary as well, perhaps back to days of ISS.

According to retail store Game, the next Pro Evo (pro evolution soccer 7) has finally cancelled out Fifa's trump card - Licences.

The store manager showed me the documnet which they recieve to push pre orders, showing information on the biggest games upcoming in 2007.

Among reading through i come to Pro Evo and the following was on there,

All international teams fully licence, F.A premier League licence, German League licence and international cup competitions licenced.

it also stated the its was to be released on Wii, PSP, DS, 360, ps2, PC and PS3. strangely the PS3 version was listed as Pro Evolution Soccer 7 '1st team edition' and had alot more features and modes listed than any other version.

Quick note, there was no Metal gear solid 4 scheduled, HALO 3 was down for September 26th, Heavenly sword was down for Sep 26th.

http://n4g.com/NewsCom-40051.aspx#Comments

It might sound strange, but getting the licenses is probably a bad thing. It means that they won't improve the gameplay. We can change the names and shirts ourselves.

HOME fully supported with goal of the month competitions, tips, tutorials, interviews etc.

Playstation Eye supported so that we can map our body into the game. e.g. your playing a match in ML and a replay is currently being played - the camera cuts to the bench and we see 'me' giving instructions aaron lennon...

I only want to play football
You're in the minority.

It still shocks me (six months after discovering it) that on the official forums for all the EA football games, 99% of the topics are "Y DOSNT HARE MOVE WEN DA PLAYERS RUN, IT LUKS SO STOPID, FUKK U EA, U CNT GET ANYFINK RITE".

Whether you have any control over the actual game or not, whether the CPU has to freeze up your players occasionally or not, doesn't seem to matter to most people, as long as the hair moves and they have electronic flashy adboards.

I'm not trying to be a prick, but seriously, it is honestly like the people who play PES (not everybody, but certainly every PES player I know in the flesh) suffer from a form of brainwashing. They just can't see anything wrong with the game and look forward to the next one having new stadiums or more ways to cheat online. And when it's exactly the same as the last one they don't seem to care, as long as there's a few transfers.

Last edited:
You're in the minority.

It still shocks me (six months after discovering it) that on the official forums for all the EA football games, 99% of the topics are "Y DOSNT HARE MOVE WEN DA PLAYERS RUN, IT LUKS SO STOPID, FUKK U EA, U CNT GET ANYFINK RITE".

Whether you have any control over the actual game or not, whether the CPU has to freeze up your players occasionally or not, doesn't seem to matter to most people, as long as the hair moves and they have electronic flashy adboards.

I'm not trying to be a prick, but seriously, it is honestly like the people who play PES (not everybody, but certainly every PES player I know in the flesh) suffer from a form of brainwashing. They just can't see anything wrong with the game and look forward to the next one having new stadiums or more ways to cheat online. And when it's exactly the same as the last one they don't seem to care, as long as there's a few transfers.

Go ahead and add me to the minority as well. JB, your original response Marukomu's first wishlist said it all.

I've been saying for years that so many of the PES fans have their "head in the sand" mentality when it comes to the glaring bugs that are in this game.

With regard to FIFA, there are alot of annoying things in that game as well, but to say that the game has remained the same for the last five years is completely insane. For 07 the graphics engine was completely rebuilt which has helped make the passing in FIFA MUCH better than that in WE as are the player movements.

I still think WE's gameplay is better because of the tactical options and each game plays differently. FIFA's games all end up being the same. They seem too scripted. I'd just like to see WE add 360 degree movements for players and free passing with a power up bar for it. That would help alot.

Back
Top Bottom