PES 6 XBOX LIVE ISSUE - read on!!!

i'll venture a guess that its us on the 512k that are getting lag.

im getting button lag on

Tesco Broadband
edit> my connection is shared over the house as well.

SuicydeSnake said:
i'll venture a guess that its us on the 512k that are getting lag.

im getting button lag on

Tesco Broadband
edit> my connection is shared over the house as well.

Lol,Thats my biggest problem,kicking my son and daughter of the bloody net.

"Its ten o'clock,its dads time for the internet"I shout.

I don't play online unless I have the full bandwidth mate,its really not fair on the person you are playing.

If I'm on the 360, my sons on my pc,daughter on hers,then the router is passing through roughly 384 kb/s three ways,which is okay for playing games like Texas hold 'em or uno,but not fast moving games like pes or fifa.

Aye,Theres nothing like sharing an internet connection to spark world war 3 in your own house !!!

:lmao:

Last edited:
SuicydeSnake said:
im getting button lag on

This button lag thing is weird as well.

When I read early reviews,It was one of the main faults pulled up on,but I have had no button lag at all,online or offline???

Some guys I've played have had this problem,others have had nothing at all.

Its almost like there are two versions of the game.

One to keep us (relatively) happy,and one to piss us off.

:shock:

Hi All,

Just to let you know we've been swamped with comaplints, calls, emails yada yada so unfortunately we won't be able to reply to every single one of them but we will be logging all of them down in a report. So sorry to those we can't get a reply to.

And thanks for 99.5% of you for not being abusive to us :)

Richie/Nigma

nigma said:
Hi All,

Just to let you know we've been swamped with comaplints, calls, emails yada yada so unfortunately we won't be able to reply to every single one of them but we will be logging all of them down in a report. So sorry to those we can't get a reply to.

And thanks for 99.5% of you for not being abusive to us :)

Richie/Nigma

Its not your fault mate,just get the message across to the people who can/will make a difference.

Thanks for the reply:)

I've got 10Mb Telewest and I get lag.

It's to do with how long it takes for the data to get from your Xbox to the other, not how much you can send at once.

Lag and latency are a fact of online gaming, it's just the measures used to minimise the effects which need to be better.

I just phoned konami and spoke to a helpfull woman on the phone.

I told her that on both ps2 and xbox360 - i was having problems playing online and as yet had not managed to play, resulting in me returning both games.

She told me that Konami are aware of the problems and said that I have to play the game as a single player first and then connect online and that should be ok, meaning that I can play online.

When i told her i had played the game as a single player and completed a cup tournament and also played lots of friendly games she said "Oh" and told me that she would have to get someone to call me back. then took my number and hung up.

I just can't see why you would have to play single player games first before you connect to live on xbox or ps2 to be able to play.

I've created games and just sat there waiting with no one connecting. I've also tried to connect to others and it won't let me on Xbox version.

The ps2 version just takes an eternity (about 8 minutes - long time when waiting to log on) to log on and then cuts you off after about 5 more minbutes before youi even get to the loby.

Man I'm frustrated now.

All my other games on ps2 and Xbox work online no probs.

Any suggestions anyone?????

I think that she mentioned to play a match off line because the PC has a stutter/slow down problem at times (which can be solved to use a PES.exe file without security-check, a so called crack). That stutter problem disappeares when you play one match. That's why she mentioned that I think.

thanks HAN.

Actually just had a call from Lynn at Konami - Very helpfull and game me a few suggestions so if anyone wants to add me as a friend

gamertag

moreno70

(I don't quit and will give you a good game - i hope)

and we can have a game or two.

She also mentioned that when searching for a game, don't wait till the list has filled up - just connect to the first one that appears and you may get joy that way.

They are working on the issue and I'm off to buy another copy again - might just stick to xbox version tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
issaddict said:
thanks HAN.

Actually just had a call from Lynn at Konami - Very helpfull and game me a few suggestions so if anyone wants to add me as a friend

gamertag

moreno70

(I don't quit and will give you a good game - i hope)

and we can have a game or two.

She also mentioned that when searching for a game, don't wait till the list has filled up - just connect to the first one that appears and you may get joy that way.

They are working on the issue and I'm off to buy another copy again - might just stick to xbox version tho.
Thats the only way i've managed to get games, connect as fast as possible to the first one that shows up. Feel free to add me, gamertag: bezsmaracas

yeah me too. if the first doesn't work, re-search

i got 2 games last night. no button lag but major stuttering.

Its terrible that so many of you still can't get a game.

Its working 100% lag free for me,the whole game.

I'm sure they will sort it,just keep on bugging 'em guys.

Loving this game online(Although offline is a little boring,imo)

At the moment,If I have to play offline,I'd rather play fifa.

Forgot to mention,The game is still crashing on the odd goal celebration.

Now have 4 or 5 disconnects :(

I've only had a couple of crashes, one during an online game and one whilst trying to connect to an online game.

I seem to be getting more success getting online games the last couple of days as well. Whether its less people trying to connect at the same time I don't know but it isn't taking as long to find a game anymore.

jambotommy said:
Its terrible that so many of you still can't get a game.

Its working 100% lag free for me,the whole game.

I'm sure they will sort it,just keep on bugging 'em guys.

Loving this game online(Although offline is a little boring,imo)

At the moment,If I have to play offline,I'd rather play fifa.

Forgot to mention,The game is still crashing on the odd goal celebration.

Now have 4 or 5 disconnects :(

Do you have buttonlag?
You can clearly see this when you have a corner or free kick by tapping left or right. If the screen moves later, you have button lag, plz tell me.
Because I can play online, although it looks like lagfree, I have that terrible buttonlag.

Maybe Konami can learn something from Activision (Call of Duty 3). This is what IGN says about Call of Duty 3 online:

"With the ability of 24 players online in multiplayer, we were a little concerned that the bandwidth necessary would be out of the bounds. We put this question to the devs, who promptly reassured us that a standard 384kbps down, 128kbps up connection should handle 24 players perfectly. Simply awesome news!"

MasterM said:
Do you have buttonlag?
You can clearly see this when you have a corner or free kick by tapping left or right. If the screen moves later, you have button lag, plz tell me.
Because I can play online, although it looks like lagfree, I have that terrible buttonlag.

I thought button lag was when you pressed to kick,and there was a delay in the action mate?I don't have that at all !!!

What you describe is,Imo, slowdown/piss poor framerate,which,although really annoying,does not spoil in game action,And yes,EVERYONE,has that.

If I'm wrong then I apologise MasterM.

hullybul said:
Maybe Konami can learn something from Activision (Call of Duty 3). This is what IGN says about Call of Duty 3 online:

"With the ability of 24 players online in multiplayer, we were a little concerned that the bandwidth necessary would be out of the bounds. We put this question to the devs, who promptly reassured us that a standard 384kbps down, 128kbps up connection should handle 24 players perfectly. Simply awesome news!"

Sounds brilliant,when is the game out mate?

The problem with me,is I have bought Pes6,Fifa 07 and Tiger woods 07,But at the moment,I can't put down Pes6.
I've Played about 10 games of fifa last friday,and only just booted up Tiger woods 30 mins ago.

£125.00 on 3 games.Thats the kids getting nothing for xmas again.

:)

Last edited:
I am not playing any ranked games untill Konami sort out online play, I have lost 3 games now because of slow motion button responses, I am not being a sore loser but there is no way I would have lost those games, and last night I lost a game because it crashed, why it chose me as the loser I dont know as it was the other person who paused the game, and then it just froze. There seems to be a major problem with the on-line mechanic's, as an example, I played my brother on-line, he has exactly the same broadband connection, from my end everything was fine (for once), it felt like I was playing the 1 player game, from his end he had major button lag, it just seems to be a lottery whether your going to get a playable game.

Not good enough Konami, sort it out

ps Also struggling to get a game, if anyone fancies an Un-Ranked match
ANDYLFC5

The button lag is a game breaker for me. It's unacceptable, sorry. But everyone getting problems getting matches, I bet none of you have had this problem with other games, just this one, right?

Back
Top Bottom