PES 6 question

tinpanalley

Premiership
15 May 2006
Yes, I know it's probably not too common to get a question about PES6. I've been getting into replaying older games lately wit a lot more enjoyment than I expected, so I'm just curious, which PES6 is it that is considered better for modding, the PC or PS2 version? And in either case, is this site the best community of people who still mod it? I see videos of PES6 mods on Youtube but they never say where they get their mods. The thing is, people whose opinions I respect a great deal about what sports games play best keep telling me I have to go back and try PES6 (which I played ten years ago, with option files from here) so I'm officially curious.

Get it on the PC and use the forum resources to patch it, we'll help you as well.

You won't be sorry!

Get it on the PC and use the forum resources to patch it, we'll help you as well.
You won't be sorry!
I've just quickly looked around in that folder. So, there are no all-in-one patches, then? Or at least I don't see them. You have to assemble your patches out of what you want and then get an option file? I'm a bit lost.

Anyone know anything about this Firebird patch?
Otherwise, those of you that play PES6 still, what do you do, just install individual add ons that you need instead of one big patch? To be honest, I'm only gonna play the Premier League, La Liga, and Ligue 1 but I'd like to have an authentic 2017-2018 Champions League.

Additional question if anyone can help...
Do I need a full patch to update PES6 on PC for teams to be accurate (squads, uniforms, logos) or will just option files do?

Look for Shollym patch on you tube....it has everything you need.
Hey, with regards to the Shollym patch, it does look good but it's two years out of date. Do you know of another one that is more up to date? There have certainly been a steady flow of patches over the years, but it appears that it's a bit slow nowadays.

yes there are many!!
do a you tube search
I use this currently
So funny.. I never would have thought before to use Youtube as a search engine, for crying out loud. The scene has certainly changged since I first built patched DVDs for the PS2. :LOL:

Might as well fire up excite/alta vista/ask jeeves and do a search HAHA
No kidding.
So is there any way to know the quality of the squad files out there? I mean, is there one person whose squads are really accurate and that the majority of the community uses?

Shollym is the biggest name, Check out different forums for specific stuff.
This is the most comprehensive
Yeah, I saw that. But what do you do for more up to date squads? Those are two years old. Can you just get an up to date option file from somewhere else? I thought that didn't work from what I've been reading.

You can get just an option file with the squads,kits and names
Ok, sorry, I don't mean to be a pain with all the questions. It's just been a while :)
So ANY option file can go on ANY other patches? Ok.
But the option file contains squads, kits, and names? Sorry, I know I should probably know that, but it's so simple I can't find an FAQ that explains exactly what they contain and how they differ from patches.

Ok, sorry, I don't mean to be a pain with all the questions. It's just been a while :)
So ANY option file can go on ANY other patches? Ok.
But the option file contains squads, kits, and names? Sorry, I know I should probably know that, but it's so simple I can't find an FAQ that explains exactly what they contain and how they differ from patches.

Ok....if you download a seperate option file it will have kits,teams and player names and logos.

The all inclusive patches will include stadiums,menu graphics,audio files,balls,boots and other stuff...So you can mix and match...

Try an option file and see if it's sufficient for u then you can go from there lol

Try an option file and see if it's sufficient for u then you can go from there lol
Ok, I don't know WHERE this came from but I had it in my head that an option file only worked with its adjoining patch because the file referenced player databases in the game. Never mind, I was probably thinking about another sports game.
So, THAT's why you're saying (and others) that the Shollym is the most complete, because they're thinking they can then add any option file they want to it for teams. So a patch only really adds other graphics, UI, audio, and gameplay tweak elements which is why they can take ANY option file with its own teams, players, and logos.

...am I warmer?

Ok, I don't know WHERE this came from but I had it in my head that an option file only worked with its adjoining patch because the file referenced player databases in the game. Never mind, I was probably thinking about another sports game.
So, THAT's why you're saying (and others) that the Shollym is the most complete, because they're thinking they can then add any option file they want to it for teams. So a patch only really adds other graphics, UI, audio, and gameplay tweak elements which is why they can take ANY option file with its own teams, players, and logos.

...am I warmer?

Yup for most cases

Give it a shot !

Yup for most cases
Give it a shot !
Going to, getting the Shollym files right now.
I'll be honest, after reading all of his information on that 3-in-1 patch and how intricate it is and what it contains, I don't understand how you can just ignore his option file for the current season and just apply a different one with completely different players and teams. But... I'll be patient and test it.

Yup for most cases
Give it a shot !
Ok, well, I gave it a shot and wasn't too interested. The squads are two years old and Ifound most of the teams missing their real stadiums in the Premier League which I thought would be one of the correct ones. In any event when I tried a newer option file that I found online, it completely messed up everything from teams to players to stadiums to, well, everything. So one OF isn't usable just anywhere.
I did however really like the classics thing. I also learned how to use a kitserver settings application to slow the game down. So I'm getting somewhere. :) I just need to find a more up to date patch with uniforms, faces, etc.

Back
Top Bottom