Pes 6 instock - Play

RuneEdge said:
:shock: FANBOY ALERT!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Having played it for a few hours, I can't see how FIFA 07 could be declared worth money. The player controls still suck, people glide instead of walking, passing is anything but precise, it's incredibly easy to get a rating of 10 for players - and the stolen-straight-from-WE/PES controls don't even work in multiplayer.

The last thing I ordered from play took two weeks or so to get here.

i had splinter cell, pro evo and fifa on pre order on play.

splinter cell didnt arrive til Friday afternoon, so i cancelled the preorder for pes and fifa, and went to shopto.net

free next day delivery and £3 off the first order. so i saved nearly £10 on two games compared to the play.com price, and about £30 compared to HMV/GAME/highstreet stores...

2 things have to change.

play have to improve their delivery time... 3-5 days isnt good enough
highstreet stores need to slash their prices... £50 is a joke when its £35 onilne

Why would we regret purchasing FIFA 07 exactly? I have played PES6 on PS2 and ill tell you something, im glad EA made FIFA 07 on 360 the way they did, it makes me realise how Semi Automatic and CPU assisted PES is! and people call it realistic? Every pass goes directly to the player (not to true to life) on FIFA 07 on manual passing YOU control the passing direction so if its a shit pass thats because of your lack of direction/power and not because of Scripting (PES's passes)

Ok FIFA at times feels a little sluggish but then again so does PES ok you can say to me Super Cancel but thats a shitty excuse for us not being allowed FULL CONTROL over our players. The game feels like its on Rails and Heavily CPU assisted which is annoying as things hardly ever seem to go the way you try to CONTROL them to.

Hope you guys enjoy the on rails PES, ill probably get it to just complete the acheivements. I think ill stick to the FREELY CONTROLLED FIFA for most of my Football Playing goodness on Live :)

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Why would we regret purchasing FIFA 07 exactly? I have played PES6 on PS2 and ill tell you something, im glad EA made FIFA 07 on 360 the way they did, it makes me realise how Semi Automatic and CPU assisted PES is! and people call it realistic? Every pass goes directly to the player (not to true to life) on FIFA 07 on manual passing YOU control the passing direction so if its a shit pass thats because of your lack of direction/power and not because of Scripting (PES's passes)

Ok FIFA at times feels a little sluggish but then again so does PES ok you can say to me Super Cancel but thats a shitty excuse for us not being allowed FULL CONTROL over our players. The game feels like its on Rails and Heavily CPU assisted which is annoying as things hardly ever seem to go the way you try to CONTROL them to.

Hope you guys enjoy the on rails PES, ill probably get it to just complete the acheivements. I think ill stick to the FREELY CONTROLLED FIFA for most of my Football Playing goodness on Live :)

DJ

Although i get where your coming from but on PES the passing not always accurate ive lost possesion countless times to opposition. Although i dont really play agaisnt AI i play with friend weve been playing Pro Evo since 1 and ive sworn so many time because ive passed and its gone right to the opposition and many in dangerous areas so id say it dosnt always find its way.

Although i get what you mean passes players dont thumble passes but i think its wrong to say there always accurate.

I could be facing totally the wrong way and the Pass would go straight to my team mate with no effort or problems at all on PES.... on FIFA with manual passing you have to get your Angles right and the pace your going to put on the ball... now thats realism.

DJ

djdoc360: Remind me - on this completely manual Fifa 07 - how do you control what way the receiving player runs when the ball is moving?

Ok yes thats what I meant by a bit sluggish.... on PES what do you do when your players run in a pre determined CPU Controlled direction and tapping Super Shit Cancel R1+R2 doesnt make them go under your control?

Each game has gripes I just think FIFA 07 feels more like Real football than PES does!

DJ

things i've noticed is that things like crosses and lofted chipped passes always seem to be destined to go to the target in previous versions of fifa, so doing things like a beckham style ball over the top was pretty much impossible, because the ball would always go to the strikers head, not over the top. fifa07 seems to have fixed this, passing, chipped passes and shooting seem to be alot more user defined, its quite tricky to get useful but now i actually feel in control of where i shoot/pass... and if i miss, i dont blame the game anymore, i have to blame me.
in pro evo, it seems like the 8-way direction ruined long diagonal passes, as they either went at 45 degrees off the side of the pitch or to the keeper... until full 360 analogue movement comes in for pro evo, i will probably still be throwing my pad at the wall in frustration.

from the videos i've seen of pro evothough, it looks pretty damn good. but i've pre ordered both, and i'll play them both, then see which is best...

some of the online stuff that EA are doing may swing it for me, but either way, i'll be getting my footy head on this weekend

djdoc360 said:
Ok yes thats what I meant by a bit sluggish.... on PES what do you do when your players run in a pre determined CPU Controlled direction and tapping Super Shit Cancel R1+R2 doesnt make them go under your control?

Each game has gripes I just think FIFA 07 feels more like Real football than PES does!

DJ

Super Cancel isn't great - but it's a hell of a lot better than not being able to do anything ;)

CPU Controlled everything..... is that better than being able to do most things yourself?.... CPU Cheating is that another thing thats better than the CPU actually playing realistically?

I dont agree with anyone who says that PES is better than FIFA this time around, if anything its almost even stevens.

DJ

djdoc360 said:

Maybe its just me, but i HOLD R1+R2 and it works with no problems.

Ok that 1 thing might be sort of rectifyable but how can you explain the overall CPU Assisted feel of the game? The CPU Cheating? and the fact at times it feels as if its on rails and outta control?

DJ

If I decide to get this ill just go into my local gamestation and pick up a copy :) simple as.

DJ

ok fifa1007 has improved alot & i was nearly getting one this year, but still it doesn't feel realistic football game, i am not saying pes is preffect ether, but it feels more real then fifa2007 does in many ways, what happent to the skill moves in fifa2007?? how can they create a football game with no skills,
now thats realistic:lmao:

RuneEdge said:
Arrgghhh. Its processing now so I cant cancel it.

:shock: FANBOY ALERT!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

How is that a fanboy comment? It's a warning.

Maybe you'll have to trust me on this but after several months of solid play, you'll really start to see how truly bad FIFA still is compared to PES. The little niggles where the game isn't quite right (still too many to list) will start ruining the game for you in the same way the fouls ruined PES5 for many. Yes, FIAF07 is fun and playable but in no way does it hold up to consistant regularly play like PES does.

Even if we were talking about a life span of a single game, you would enjoy PES a lot more then FIFA. Now imagine that stretched out to 11 months of regularly play!

DJ - You talk about PES being on rails and FIFA being 'free'. As true as that may be, why is it that you still get a better flowing game of football in PES then you do in FIFA? Maybe the 'rails' are there to stop those annoying human errors that would otherwise stop the gameplay from flowing as freely as it otherwise would.

Play the new version of Sensible Soccer. That has 360 degree movement and 'free' passing. It is still a woeful game of football.

As annoying as the 'rails' can be in PES on some occasions, sometimes you need the barriers in life to help you get to where you're going.

Luckz said:
Having played it for a few hours, I can't see how FIFA 07 could be declared worth money. The player controls still suck, people glide instead of walking, passing is anything but precise, it's incredibly easy to get a rating of 10 for players - and the stolen-straight-from-WE/PES controls don't even work in multiplayer.
Its all a matter of opinion but the fact that you cant mind your mind even a little bit and the fact that you trying to force your opinion on me (even if its indirectly) with that comment is why I called you a fanboy.
You dont to tell me why you think FIFA sucks cuz I've read this many times already.

Luckz said:
The last thing I ordered from play took two weeks or so to get here.
The last time I ordered something in the morning, got to me the next day. :roll:

psimonius said:
Maybe you'll have to trust me on this but after several months of solid play, you'll really start to see how truly bad FIFA still is compared to PES. The little niggles where the game isn't quite right (still too many to list) will start ruining the game for you in the same way the fouls ruined PES5 for many. Yes, FIAF07 is fun and playable but in no way does it hold up to consistant regularly play like PES does.

Even if we were talking about a life span of a single game, you would enjoy PES a lot more then FIFA. Now imagine that stretched out to 11 months of regularly play!
I felt the exact same way about PES6 on the PS2 that you feel about FIFA. PES has been the exact same game we've been playing for ages and even if its a better game, I'm still tired of it. I dont know about you but I'd rather play a different game (even if its inferior) for the sake of having a change than play a game I've been playing for the last 5 years. Put it this way, when you get PES6, you have a few games, play with your mates, go online, what else will there be left to do? Nothing. The Master League used to be one of the main, if not THE main reason I used to play PES games in the past. The one in PES6 is exactly the same as the one I completely played to bits in PES5. Theres no motivation to get me to play this alone anymore.

FIFA on the other hand has a whole new mode for me to explore in the manager mode, a new gameplay to figure out and a whole new experience altogether especially online with the Interactive League which if you think about it, you shouldnt get bored of anytime soon since you only play your games on matchday. At the end of it, I might look back in a couple of years and say PES6 was better than FIFA07 but I dont need to care about that right now. I just care about having as much fun as I can for the next 6-7 months and I know I'll get more of that from FIFA than PES6.

Last edited:
I second u on that runedge mate. I am not sayinf Fifa 07 is a better game than PES. PES 6 will clearly be better gameplay wise. But PES is more of a multiplayer game for me as i will only be playing other people on live or my friends and family, whilst its single player Master League is an overkill. On the other hand the manager mode in Fifa 07 will offer me much more during quiet moments as a single player, with a realistic season and real teams.
Personally I have ordered both, as I love football games, a;though I PES for me is still the best, but Fifa will be like a playing a new game in new way with a better modes for single player.

P.S. I preordered both from play.com weeks ago. I rang them to see why the order is still processing and they tell me they will dispatch tommorrow so it gets here on Friday. What a bitch. If they dont dispatch by end of 2mrw, i will cancel, and instead pick them up from local asda (+10% discount) at 12 am midnight on Friday morning!

RuneEdge said:
I felt the exact same way about PES6 on the PS2 that you feel about FIFA. PES has been the exact same game we've been playing for ages and even if its a better game, I'm still tired of it.

Go and play PES1 and tell me it plays the same as PES5, 'cos if thats what you think there's something wrong with you ...

PES5 is shit! as ive stated many times before as your players can never seem to control the ball properley!

DJ

I bet some of you are GUTTED you ordered it VIA Play! I NEVER order online - picking it up instore in an HOUR! Wooooooooop!

I did warn at beginning of thread Play can be very late with orders why my custom has now gone to Shopto.net.

And it was dispatched this morning should have it tommorow. 8)

Ordered from Play and it was dispatched at noon today, how long does delivery normally take from them?

Anyone received there order from Shopto.net i have not received mine well dissapointed.Considering they said would be with you next day 1st class recorded. :(

Bingham67 said:
Anyone received there order from Shopto.net i have not received mine well dissapointed.Considering they said would be with you next day 1st class recorded. :(

SHit im expectin mine today!
it better come or ill be very dissapointed!

Did u recieve confermation that it has been dispatched, if so what time?

Bingham67 said:

Shit im expectin mine today!
it better come or ill be very dissapointed!

Did u recieve confermation that it has been dispatched, if so what time?

Back
Top Bottom