PES 5 with lowered agility & game speed = Still the best

Also, I believe that WE9LE is the best game from Konami and a dream is a good addition to the game, or even OF with the statistics players from the latest FM as Viktorius did in WePlayWE 2012/2013 patch, because this patch give a big difference in the strength of the players and teams, and it gives the best gameplay.In PSD statistics each players is similar.

It depends on the conversion style. I can make bigger differences from PSD, too. In the tweaked database version of my patch, it is actually a tiny bit bigger than in original PSD, I tried to match the levels of PES2014 PSP database. But greater differences (lower values for some teams) rather destroy the gameplay, because the weaker teams then play like a Sunday league team making schoolboy errors with trapping the ball, and goalkeepers can not even parry the ball away when having GK skills under about 70.

Do know anybody a way to make the cpu play messi on the right side and not on the left side ? It's stupid from the cpu, maybe there is a way in the formation settings ?

Do know anybody a way to make the cpu play messi on the right side and not on the left side ? It's stupid from the cpu, maybe there is a way in the formation settings ?

Try one of these:
A. Is his Preferred side: Both sides? Change it to: Right side. This will however only apply to SB, WB, SMF and WF. It does not have an effect for central positions (including SS).

B. Move the position you want him to play up the formation scheme. E.g. GK is always in the first row, CF is the last row, RB is before LB, RMF is before LMF, etc. Try moving the position you want him to play up the ladder, in the Edit position option in the Formation menu.

A : Not an option for me, Messi is a SS for me
B : I will try but i'm not sure i understood correctly

Thanks nevertheless !

Edit: it doesn't work, it tried to do like you said, but the cpu still put him on the left side when they choose the line-up.

Last edited:
Who is being chosen by CPU in place of Messi? I doubt CPU would consider stats of any player as more appropriate for SS than Messi.

Maybe the second guy has Right side and is the second best in the roster, then because of that Messi goes to the left?

What formation it is exactly?

Ronaldinho (2005-2006 stats) is on the right side with SS Position. Like this:

--------Eto'o-------------
Messi-----------Ronaldinho

I would like to exchange their position.

But i found a temporary solution. I changed the formation to 4-3-1-2 with Ronaldinho AMF and Messi SS behind Eto'o CF.

This is a common problem with the game. CPU not picking the obviously better players or playing them out of position. For example in my OF the CPU would always pick Friedel over Lloris in goal even though Lloris' stats are better. I started changing players stats gradually and deleting some positions that players can play in so that the CPU would pick the correct line up and play them in the correct positions. I scrapped the idea in the end because sometimes the changes in stats that need to be made would be ridiculous.

Ronaldinho (2005-2006 stats) is on the right side with SS Position.

Oh, then it would be the exception. Do you have a "fantasy team" (with all players being at their best stats), or do you play 2005/06 with the young Messi?

For me everything is working correctly, except that problem. And Messi is so much more deadly on the right side because he can cut in and shoot with his left foot.

It's a all-stars patch, that i'm creating now, with all players at their best stats, yes. And Barcelona is very deadly.

This is a common problem with the game. CPU not picking the obviously better players or playing them out of position. For example in my OF the CPU would always pick Friedel over Lloris in goal even though Lloris' stats are better. I started changing players stats gradually and deleting some positions that players can play in so that the CPU would pick the correct line up and play them in the correct positions. I scrapped the idea in the end because sometimes the changes in stats that need to be made would be ridiculous.

One solution might be some kind of Prestige value for every player, which would have a role in determining for the CPU which player to pick - so usually the starting GK, unless he is injured or his stamina is really low and his condition arrow too, he would be preferred.

There should be some kind of Prestige value for every player, which would have a role in determining for the CPU which player to pick - so usually for the starting GK, unless he is injured or his stamina is really low and his condition arrow too, he would be preferred.

If there is I'm not sure what one. The obvious one for GK would be Goalkeeper Skills or Response but would still pick Friedel. I would increase these by one for Lloris and then decrease by one for Friedel. Then, because it was making Friedel too bad and Lloris too good, I decided to adjust stats that would not make much difference to the GKs in general, like shot accuracy. Like I said in the end I scrapped the idea because I use PSD as a base and didn't want to make any players too good or too bad compared to other players. Friedel should be retiring soon anyway, hah probably pick Gomes then. :P

That is a nice idea. But the fact that pes 2014 ain't got the basics, i'm not sure it will ever be present in the next pes...

I also reduced condition for Friedel but then that was unrealistic because his condition is good, played about 1 million games on the trot a couple of years ago.

I was also testing formations a few days ago and kinda of gave up with some changes, specially line ups. CPU has a way to choose the line up and sometimes its need to make some pretty drastic changes to "convince" him to choose another player. Better stay with default and live with that. Its still a wonderfull game.

I was also testing formations a few days ago and kinda of gave up with some changes, specially line ups. CPU has a way to choose the line up and sometimes its need to make some pretty drastic changes to "convince" him to choose another player. Better stay with default and live with that. Its still a wonderfull game.

+1

Proof. I was trashed by Barcelona with Chelsea 4-0. This game can be so difficult sometimes. And i felt it was well deserved for Barcelona. I had pleasure to lose this game. Thats the difference with the newest pes and fifa games. The AI seems to always cheat to score. Pes 5 is truely amazing, i can play 10 games in a row, there will be always new enjoyable moments.

Proof. I was trashed by Barcelona with Chelsea 4-0. This game can be so difficult sometimes. And i felt it was well deserved for Barcelona. I had pleasure to lose this game. Thats the difference with the newest pes and fifa games. The AI seems to always cheat to score. Pes 5 is truely amazing, i can play 10 games in a row, there will be always new enjoyable moments.

Exactly.

New PES games are scripted fake sh*t. Sad but true.

I love how the master league can be trully challenging. The last weeks are a fight to see if we can get the promotion and even though I can´t get it, I have the feeling that I didin´t play good enough. There always seems to be a realistic reason for our failure like, tired players, injured key player that makes us use a left footed player in the right side of the pitch, etc... CPU has of course some scripting, but its so damn subtile that we accept it. Newer games, bahhh. They can´t seem to get it right. Give me a WE9LE with more leagues, the chance to change clubs/national teams in career and a slightly improved growth system, and I´m in heaven!

The growth system is farrrrrr better than the new pes growth. But yes it could be better. Yeah more leagues obviously. I wouldn't mind a system to change team during the career, even though i'd stay always in the same club.

A bigger transfert activity and more yellow/red cards, that'd be nice.

Yeah I don´t mean extreme changes. Growth system should be a bit lower or slower. Sometimes A zero becomes a Hero in a couple seasons. Its ok in game but long term totally screws any global edits we try to do.

Implementing Stonecold's fantastic Italy 1990 World Cup stadiums to PES5.

Delle Alpi converted. It looks great!

Lyfsmm9.jpg

BZ03XKv.jpg

Last edited:
It sure looks good.

I finally have some time to get back on track with this great game. As some of you might remember, I was trying to change some formations and recently I´ve ben testing a simple change. I always thought the CPU teams have some problems, like sometimes they don´t give a real challenge. So I went to edit mode and change some teams style to "All out attack". The result, a much harder team to beat, players are positioned up in the field and they keep an attacking mentality. They put lots of players up while attacking, and I also changed all defensive arrows to normal. That way all players will also have a defensive mentality. So, if you have the ball, pretty much all CPU players will get behind and try to get the ball, but as soon as they have possession, they move up and attack like a team. I like this because before, lots of CPU teams where defending only with the 4 defenders, and all the other players stayed still waiting for possession. It was too easy to get to the oponent´s deep half, and they always gave lots of space on the edge of the box, so most of my goals where long range shots. I played cup games on superstar level and still haven´t won a match.
I would like some of you guys would try this and tell me what you think, just to make sure this isn´t a bad idea or some placebo effect.
I´m actually doing this in WE9LE but its a similar game so it must have the same effect on PES5.

Is it necessary to post the same message in multiple topics? It could split up the discussion which I think is counter-productive. What about starting a new thread about it, or just posting a link in the other threads?

Yeah you´re right. If the discussion proves to be interesting, I´ll soon start a new thread about it.

It sure looks good.

I finally have some time to get back on track with this great game. As some of you might remember, I was trying to change some formations and recently I´ve ben testing a simple change. I always thought the CPU teams have some problems, like sometimes they don´t give a real challenge. So I went to edit mode and change some teams style to "All out attack". The result, a much harder team to beat, players are positioned up in the field and they keep an attacking mentality. They put lots of players up while attacking, and I also changed all defensive arrows to normal. That way all players will also have a defensive mentality. So, if you have the ball, pretty much all CPU players will get behind and try to get the ball, but as soon as they have possession, they move up and attack like a team. I like this because before, lots of CPU teams where defending only with the 4 defenders, and all the other players stayed still waiting for possession. It was too easy to get to the oponent´s deep half, and they always gave lots of space on the edge of the box, so most of my goals where long range shots. I played cup games on superstar level and still haven´t won a match.
I would like some of you guys would try this and tell me what you think, just to make sure this isn´t a bad idea or some placebo effect.
I´m actually doing this in WE9LE but its a similar game so it must have the same effect on PES5.

In my old option file 2013-14, all teams were set to attack and it does make the CPU attack more ;)

Geeee, have you also tried defensive arrows all on medium? Did you notice any improvement on defensive/attacking balance?

I've been playing both PES5 and PES6 excessively in the last weeks (because the amazing Phoenix 2014 patch).

There's absolutely no doubt that PES5 is slightly superior. The defensive engine is almost perfect. There's also much more fouls and free kicks on PES5, which is more realistic. Shooting on PES5 is also better and less random. The only big issue is the lack of cards on PES5. There's also something that you can't put your finger on... PES5 feels and plays more "genuine".

PES6 takes the cake in graphics and because there is a lot more available mods. But it's an inferior football game without a doubt.

I wonder if it'd be possible to alter these things with EXE reverse engineering?

Geeee, have you also tried defensive arrows all on medium? Did you notice any improvement on defensive/attacking balance?

I am trying this out and yeh i think it improves the defense. Sometimes though i wish the CPU would play more like it does when it goes a goal down and it starts to attack more.

I've been playing both PES5 and PES6 excessively in the last weeks (because the amazing Phoenix 2014 patch).

There's absolutely no doubt that PES5 is slightly superior. The defensive engine is almost perfect. There's also much more fouls and free kicks on PES5, which is more realistic. Shooting on PES5 is also better and less random. The only big issue is the lack of cards on PES5. There's also something that you can't put your finger on... PES5 feels and plays more "genuine".

PES6 takes the cake in graphics and because there is a lot more available mods. But it's an inferior football game without a doubt.

I wonder if it'd be possible to alter these things with EXE reverse engineering?

I have to agree 100% with you. As much as PES6 looks fantastic with all the great patches, the game is rubbish compared to PES5. I see many people saying how good kits look and stadiums look and how great the title screen is but nothing is mentioned about gameplay.

I have tried a number of times to get into it using different patches because i have been caught up in all the gloss but it's too easy to win the ball from the CPU because there are no fouls. At least with PES5 you have to time your tackles.

Don't get me wrong, all the patch makers are doing a grand job in keeping it up to date, it's just a shame it's the wrong game.

Back
Top Bottom