PES 5 Beta previews

Han said:
You are probably the first who said the dribbling is easier...
Explain us if you wish :)

Easier than WE9, not PES4. Can't tell if it's related to the increase of game speed, but in the few games i've played so far I was able to do some great runs with Ronaldinho, more often than i did in WE9.

Oh, and i played at 50hz, the game is probably more similar to we9 at 60hz...

About which one is faster (pes4 or 5), i can't really tell because i was allready used to the slower pace of we9...

Last edited:
Well, when playing pes4 at 60hz it plays similar to we8, but, for some reason i find that pes5 on 50hz plays the same as we9 while the 60hz option seems to make the game faster. also, I find that the passing at 50hz is the same as we9 while on 60hz its easier to make good passes :confused:

snowman said:
Well, when playing pes4 at 60hz it plays similar to we8, but, for some reason i find that pes5 on 50hz plays the same as we9 while the 60hz option seems to make the game faster. also, I find that the passing at 50hz is the same as we9 while on 60hz its easier to make good passes :confused:

You got that the wrong way round ! PES5 at 60hz is nearer to WE9 and is much better due to the smoother graphics/gamplay. When playing at 50hz the game is much faster and also squashes the graphics making the players all look Gazza like...

is there a list anywhwere of who is who in pes5 ,,,,like merseyside reds are liverpool etc. is there a list explaining who is who anywhere to be found?????? thx

wont pes5 just be in 50hz mode due to the fact that it will be online, I heard that burnout has some sort of selector for 50 & 60 hz so people playing on 50hz cant play people online if the opppent is on 60hz, is that true?

spaceman said:
You got that the wrong way round ! PES5 at 60hz is nearer to WE9 and is much better due to the smoother graphics/gamplay. When playing at 50hz the game is much faster and also squashes the graphics making the players all look Gazza like...

Tried to play at 60hz again and seems like your'e right but I don't know sometimes the game seems to be slow and sometimes it looks really fast.

Alright guys.
Just played it in my lunch break for an hour.

It has improved from WE9 but don't expect a massive change. They have sorted out the lob through balls and they now work like they did in WE8:LE, thank god! That is probably the biggest change, just little tweaks here and there have made it perfect, yes perfect. Free kicks have also been tweaked a bit IMO, the free kicks are more like PES 3 now (you can bend and dip it over the wall with a little bit more pace).

Can't wait to play it online (I couldn't do it on this version as the "Network" option was greyed out), as I don't own an XBox this will be a first for me :D .

Any question fire them away and I should be able to answer them.

Oh, and the Barcelona away kit is sweet :D

Do you have also so long loadings in PES5? My copy loads like few min. before match starts, and also animations druning the game make my ps2 load for a very long time.

Hello j4yc3e!
What I wanted to ask is if the game is harder on 5* 6* then PES4.
Also is it faster or slower than PES4? Is dribbling harder or easier?
And finally is the ridiculously fast passing (referred by many as ping-pong...) toned down from PES4?
Thanks in advance :)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Here's a question. Is PES5 faster then PES4? Sorry, i have no idea what WE9 is like.
I also read in reviews that dribbling was more difficult. Is this not the case?
PES5 is way slower than PES4 and PES5 dribbling is about the same as when you dribble with a keeper in PES4. Slow turning and looser control.

sensei said:
Do you have also so long loadings in PES5? My copy loads like few min. before match starts, and also animations druning the game make my ps2 load for a very long time.
You'll need to provide a lot more info. Maybe it's your choice of disk type.

Last edited:
sensei said:

Nah mate, my loading times are fine. Might have something to do with the media or the software you used to burn it.

Aris Thessaloniki said:
Hello j4yc3e!
What I wanted to ask is if the game is harder on 5* 6* then PES4.
Also is it faster or slower than PES4? Is dribbling harder or easier?
And finally is the ridiculously fast passing (referred by many as ping-pong...) toned down from PES4?
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't know about the difficulty to be sure yet because I was playing with 3 other people but I would say that the difficulty has changed from PES4 but is still the same as WE9 (WE9 is harder than PES4 IMO).

PES5 is definatly slower than PES4 (as Zyg says) but I wouldn't say thats a bad thing. It was quite easy to catch people out on PES4 by attacking quickly (almost too easy), it can still be done on PES5 but not all the time. I think WE9 and PES5 are very much formation orientated as opposed to having quick fast players.

Passing has been changed, you can't just spam the :x: button and get perfect passes now, they have to be almost always facing the way you want to pass, and the worse the player the looser the pass.

Hope that answers you questions :D

j4yc3e said:
Nah mate, my loading times are fine. Might have something to do with the media or the software you used to burn it.

I wouldn't know about the difficulty to be sure yet because I was playing with 3 other people but I would say that the difficulty has changed from PES4 but is still the same as WE9 (WE9 is harder than PES4 IMO).

PES5 is definatly slower than PES4 (as Zyg says) but I wouldn't say thats a bad thing. It was quite easy to catch people out on PES4 by attacking quickly (almost too easy), it can still be done on PES5 but not all the time. I think WE9 and PES5 are very much formation orientated as opposed to having quick fast players.

Passing has been changed, you can't just spam the :x: button and get perfect passes now, they have to be almost always facing the way you want to pass, and the worse the player the looser the pass.

Hope that answers you questions :D

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions mate :)
I love realism more than anything so I would say all the things that have been changed are more than welcome!
Slower pace is what I wanted to see and harder dribbling also.
But from what has been said PES5 seems to be faster than WE9 and dribbling is easier which is why I may have to chip/mod my PS2 and get WE9 instead.
Anyway thank you both (and Zyg) for answering my questions!

Thanks Zygalski. Good to hear that dribbling, and therefore the pace of the game, is slower.
Thank god someone could finally compare it to PES4 and not to a WE game too. This is after all a PES thread.

50hz just seems too blur if you get a bit of pace in a game, i went back to 60Hz, but i do have a bad feeling about slowdown,even 60hz didn,t seem to play as smoothly as WE9, worst of all , i still can,t lob the keeper with L1 and shoot , would not work in WE9 even with the classics and up to now it,s the same for PES5,that,s me buggered in 1 against 1 games with my mates , roll on WE9LE , they , for me,are the best of the lot.

quinkyscot said:
50hz just seems too blur if you get a bit of pace in a game, i went back to 60Hz, but i do have a bad feeling about slowdown,even 60hz didn,t seem to play as smoothly as WE9, worst of all , i still can,t lob the keeper with L1 and shoot , would not work in WE9 even with the classics and up to now it,s the same for PES5,that,s me buggered in 1 against 1 games with my mates , roll on WE9LE , they , for me,are the best of the lot.

Wil there be an WE9:LE ??? ....there wil be an WE9:International...bur dunno about an LE version

Thanks all for the comments and answers.

But to be honest, after reading through so many comments (not only in this thread) on the PES 5 Beta I am puzzled a little bit.

Some guys say, it's faster (60 Hz) than WE 9, some guys say it's slower.. Some argue, the defenders act so much better than WE 9, some say defence is not so deep. Dribling is easier, dribling is harder... we heard everything. Some say, shooting is better, some say, shooting is worse. So what now?

I just can't take you very serious guys. I will get it sunday and finally I can build my own opinion. So much babble
blahblah.gif
and gossip here on the board...
blahblah.gif

:cheers:

Junka said:
Wil there be an WE9:LE ??? ....there wil be an WE9:International...bur dunno about an LE version

There will just be an WE9I version. WE8:LE was a one-off thing, prototype released to Jap market to test the online play on PS2.

As far as I know there was only one FE version, WE6FE. Subsequent to that, all final versions ere 'Int' WE7I, WE8I

Cheers.

Aris Thessaloniki said:
But from what has been said PES5 seems to be faster than WE9 and dribbling is easier which is why I may have to chip/mod my PS2 and get WE9 instead.
Anyway thank you both (and Zyg) for answering my questions!

I'd bet my house that the people saying it's very fast are running on 50hz.

Doesn't the answer to the 50/60hz question depend whether your in the UK playing on a PAL TV or USA playing on a NTSC TV and won't older TV's effect performance in 60 hz ?
So if your saying 50 or 60 hz is faster/slower u should specify your location & TV maybe before.

Talking with my own Pro Evo 4 experience I found 60hz to be identical to WE8 where as Pro Evo 4 on 50hz was akin to playing a different game.
Need to play more Pro Evo 5 to get a full WE9/PES5 comparison though.

Ok I just played it for the first time this morning and i was impressed. At least this game does not have as many fouls as WE9......

Aside from that i have a question. Does anyone know if you will be ble to play PES5 online from the US? I've read about the 50/60hz settings and if i set it to what the eurpean server is hosting then it should not be a problem right? However, i am not sure if the server will not allow American IP addresses or NTSC PS2s onto the server. Does anyone know anything about his? Any info would be help.

jonboyo said:
Doesn't the answer to the 50/60hz question depend whether your in the UK playing on a PAL TV or USA playing on a NTSC TV and won't older TV's effect performance in 60 hz ?
So if your saying 50 or 60 hz is faster/slower u should specify your location & TV maybe before.

You don't have to live in the USA though.
A decent RGB Scart lead which will be a tenner at most (ie, not the crap Sony give you with the PS2), and an average TV will be able to deal with the signal.

Stringer Bell said:
Why don't you lot comapare PES4 to PES5!?

Because people have been playing WE9 for months, which is for all intents and purposes the same game as PES5.
Personally (and this will be a lot of people here as well) I've barely touched PES4 since February because of WE8:LE so it's quite hard to remember back.

There are separate WE/PES threads on this forum for a resaon.

Not everyone plays WE. It just appears that the people who have illegally obtained a copy of PES5 are the same people that buy and patch WE games, hence all this talk.
There are lots of people out there who don't play WE and would like to read a genuine comparison between PES4 and PES5. I personally have not played and don't care for WE9, and so all these comparisons mean jackshit to me.
Just goes to show you can't get a fair idea of the game until you play it yourself.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Lol, glad someone agrees. :applause: Everybody's going on about f*cking WE games. This is the PES section!!!
PES4 is so last year darling.

;)

Like Mozz says, it's difficult to remember back to that version given 99% of folk who tried WE8LE haven't played it since near the start of the year. There are seperate forums yes, but those who played WE are perfectly entitled to talk about PES as well, and isn't this the right place to do it?

Back
Top Bottom