PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I liked about PES on ps2, which I had was the quarter-finals of the round at the end of the first half when you played a league or a world cup. The entrance of the brand that had in the WE8. These are simple things that can be silly, but fun to play. I think we can have some good things this week.

Pretty much what I thought when doing that survey "uh oh ..shit leagues are coming"

Can't wait to have ML in Pakistan.
Obviously starting in the second Div with Popo FC (Real name).

I do not think these surveys are going to define what they'll be working on for the immediate next release.
I've always thought they are more about defining potential customer profiles.

So even if all of the Evo-Web Community, and most of the old school PES fans on Twitter voted exactly the same in the related points to Master League, offline, game modes, and all those other things we are disgusted with... it's not like they would start working on that right away for PES 2020. Even if we represented a 40% of the voters, that means there's 60% that doesn't care about what we care. And since some of the questions in that survey asked if you buy PES every year, and which PES versions did you like the most, etc... what one may think is that if enough of us voted for, say, PES 6, then they would try to recreate some of the PES 6 gameplay. But the way I look at it is, now they know you've been with them since PES 6 or even before that, so that means they are probably never going to lose you as a customer anyway. It's better to focus on new potential customers or on expanding that 60%. Makes sense?.

I expect A LOT of focus on off-the-pitch stuff this year.
Stadium environment, surroundings (like actual players on the substitutes bench and better crowd) as well as slightly better game modes (maybe even a new one).
I can't see a big revolution happening in terms of gameplay or graphics for PES 2020 when a new engine is right around the corner.

It doesn't metter you expect a lot of focus on off the pitch this year because technically it will be poor. I'm 90% sure of that. If they focus on crowd they will still look not good enough. If the focus on atmosphere it will be still look poor .If they focus on new menus&edit mode it will be still not deep enough. Its not my pessimism but EXPERIENCE since Pes 6 and KONAMI
capabilities...For this company is not possible to do something really good in particular one year. Forget.

It doesn't metter you expect a lot of focus on off the pitch this year because technically it will be poor. I'm 90% sure of that. If they focus on crowd they will still look not good enough. If the focus on atmosphere it will be still look poor .If they focus on new menus&edit mode it will be still not deep enough. Its not my pessimism but EXPERIENCE since Pes 6 and KONAMI
capabilities...For this company is not possible to do something really good in particular one year. Forget.
your spot on thats why iv given up on the series

And their focus and time and resources have been on myClub cos that makes the ££££. Single player and AI isn't where the ££££ is so why should they care? I want great AI and single player but they don't care. Forget it and go play PES1-6 or WE9LE etc.

I disagree.
I think PES 2020 might be a good game.
History tells us that the last PES of each current generation is when it reaches its peak.

your spot on thats why iv given up on the series

I don't think you have.
Otherwise you wouldn't still be here.

Not that I'm asking you to leave. At all. I'm just saying that I know that feeling, but deep down you will never give up on it, like I won't give up on it.

If I'm not mistaken, it'll be two years since Adam moved to Tokyo to work closely with the devs. He has slowly been fading out of social media (which I think it was a good thing, if anything) only to appear every once in a while.

So we should be getting the results of that with this version of PES.
Whether it was the right move and a success for the saga or a complete flop and it was all for nothing. And if you think about it, it's a good thing that it's happening now because personally I would much rather know if Adam's cycle has been a real evolution since he got there in PES 2014 all the way to 2020 (that's 6 years of work. A LOT) or if they should send him home and set up a new production team to work on PES 2021 with a new engine.
All fresh, with new ideas, new concepts and new ways to approach the creation of a football game (maybe) from scratch.

People who think Adam is going to be some kind of saviour of the series are going to end up disappointed. I've seen and heard enough of Adam's insights to know that he doesn't have what it takes for this job in the long term. He had just enough nous and knowledge of PES to help pick things up off of the floor and return it to a state of profitability, but in terms of bringing PES back to its glory days? I think he along with the current developers lack the necessary attention to detail that was the hallmark of the Seabass era.

PES is circling the drain and it's just a matter of time before the pachinko slot machine stops producing enough gold coins for it to be worthwhile to Konami.

People who think Adam is going to be some kind of saviour of the series are going to end up disappointed. I've seen and heard enough of Adam's insights to know that he doesn't have what it takes for this job in the long term. He had just enough nous and knowledge of PES to help pick things up off of the floor and return it to a state of profitability, but in terms of bringing PES back to its glory days? I think he along with the current developers lack the necessary attention to detail that was the hallmark of the Seabass era.

PES is circling the drain and it's just a matter of time before the pachinko slot machine stops producing enough gold coins for it to be worthwhile to Konami.

I'm already disappointed.
But if a big company like Konami made that bold move of having him in Tokyo, it must mean they have *some* faith in him. To help them with the back-and-forth between Japan and the rest of the world.

I'm already disappointed.
But if a big company like Konami made that bold move of having him in Tokyo, it must mean they have *some* faith in him. To help them with the back-and-forth between Japan and the rest of the world.
maybe he became head of konami shisha managment japan (aka KSM Japan) and konami want him to explore and expand new markets! :LOL:
;) kidding here!!!

i'm not assuming anymore... i take what i can get when they release it. lets see! the bad stuff can't get a lot more worse though, can it?! i think we will see improvement(s)!

As usual - im on the fence.
I dont think Pes is circling the drain, but I also wouldnt be too optimistic if it comes to 20.
Id rather be positively surprised than dissappointed.
If you look at the history of Pes titles and their engines - @Chuny might be onto something.

But I also believe current Pes team dont like simple solutions and they like to complicate things for no reason.
There are lots of things, that would make the game much more enjoyable, but their logic is a mystery to me.
Im expecting a lot of new features (after last years bashing) but I also think, comes next September, we will be sitting here and asking each other
"Ok.. but why did they do it this way?? It would make so much more sense to just do X/Y/Z..."

I was just thinking there and I tell you what - if they give us stadium editor in Pes20, id get it shortly after release (second hand, coz im stubborn like that - they need to be punished for 19 :LOL: )
But I would. I know it will probably be all over the place for the first few months until they patch it, but I dont care, as I would just sit there making stadiums.. :LOL:

- well?? Did you play it yet??
- no, im half way through Thai league with the stadiums
- you'll never even play Thai league!
- IT DOESNT MATTER!
:LOL:

I was just thinking there and I tell you what - if they give us stadium editor in Pes20, id get it shortly after release (second hand, coz im stubborn like that - they need to be punished for 19 :LOL: )
But I would. I know it will probably be all over the place for the first few months until they patch it, but I dont care, as I would just sit there making stadiums.. :LOL:

- IT DOESNT MATTER!
If it is like 2019, you will not play Thai League, even if you would like to! (Only in exhibition you can)

They can adopt this concept as a new "trend", for more minor future leagues, being active but invisible+unplayable :P in cup/league/ML.

the game need a hole change ! step to Unreal would be great, shure FOX is nice but its too unique for that small team.

we moan about the gameplay the couple of years and something had so change dramaticly. the PES production team is just too small to deliver something what we all expect. the Period of updates and Bugfixes are a total Joke.

maybe Konami sell it out so Sony, 2K, or whatever but something really big has to Change !

- IT DOESNT MATTER!

Sorry to burst your stadium making bubble, but knowing Konami, they would probably give only 20-30 slots for stadium-editor :)

At least, that's how it was when we had stadium editor for one year in PS3 era

Sorry to burst your stadium making bubble, but knowing Konami, they would probably give only 20-30 slots for stadium-editor :)

At least, that's how it was when we had stadium editor for one year in PS3 era
Ah, BALLS! :LOL:
There goes my hype, hahaha!

So guys not long to go till the first Pes 20 news hit. I would like to know what you guys think will be Konamis features (gameplay wise) for Pes 20?! So not what you want but what you think they will announce! I'm unsure as I don't think they will do something about shooting again unfortunately. My guess would be Player ID. Or more like more pronounced stats.

Graphics on Pes 19 only look good on still pictures aka screenshots.

There are severe issues with the animations during cutscenes which looks jarring. Cloth physics isn't upto par with Pes 17 for some reason. But one thing that's very distracting is the shadow quality. Hopefully self shadows will be removed from specific cutscenes where on Pes 19 it looks very glitchy and aliased. Otherwise the shadow quality has to be improved if not removed. It just looks bad. Actually self shadows even look bad during gameplay camera on day matches. They're better off removing it.

Other than that the graphics in Pes looks good enough. The lighting is great, faces look great. So yeah these things won't need any urgent improvements.

As for gameplay, there is something unsatisfying with moving the players ever since fox engine Pes games. Something always feels off for me. Maybe that can be improved.

They have to work on GAMEPLAY...

That's the first, second and third thing they have to focus on.

License, faces and so on are moddable and we all know that with community efforts everything is in place in a short while, Especially if the graphic engine is gonna be the same...

But GAMEPLAY, players and teams id missing, dull over scripting, dumb masterleague, orrible lan connections and so on won't be forgiven for another year.

In my opinion if pes is not good and credible on the field in its 2020 version will die in a little time. Without resurrection.

also... to use separate kit pieces in kit selection... Socks, shirt, pants.

It was possible 12 years ago, why the f**k not now???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom