PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more than that. Despite all the flaws, ML still makes me THINK about line-ups, formations, players' roles and qualities. In FIFA career I don't need to care about any of this. It's pick up and play. 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 3-5-2. Who cares? It will be fine, no matter.

In PES, I am considering whether to play Lewandowski when he is on a yellow arrow. Do I need his finishing qualities or do I rather bring someone fresher? Will this be the right decision or not? Do I play Müller on right wing or behind Lewandowski? Do I assign Martinez a defensive advanced instruction or do I want him to be more included in attack? Is it now better to switch to a more defensive stance or should I wait 10 more minutes? Should I buy someone who will replace Ribery because his points are dropping rapidly? Do I need more options on the left wing? Perhaps Süle will be more effective when I assign him the 'Destroyer' trait? Should I buy Isco or keep James?

I know, this is not how everybody approaches or sees this game and – again – I agree that they need to massively up their product, but this level of involvement (self-assigned as it may be), is what I currently don't find in any other sports game.
I agree with you ,last time i really felt that i am enjoying a great ML with depth was probably PES 6 , it was so immersive to have to deal with fixture piling and injuries while the gameplay was amazing in that era,i really miss that

Are you talking about this status? Because if you are.... it's from 2016, you know...
That's the same picture yes, but he RETWEETED it last week when someone asked him where's Seabass. So, whilst obviously using an old picture, he did confirm he's still there, probably making tea or something.

Thing is with real-time lighting in a football game is that time is not linear like with a GTA game for example. If you have a game that is 10 minutes in length and one in 20 minutes, would the lighting change too quickly and look unrealistic in a shorter match? Last thing I want to see is a time-lapse as I'm playing a game.

Totally agree. What i would prefer - and yes its not different from FIFA - but the ability to set the time of the matches. There this could shine and could add more variety.

Soccer America incorporated dynamic lighting and this is a PS2 game from 2001...

That's the same picture yes, but he RETWEETED it last week when someone asked him where's Seabass. So, whilst obviously using an old picture, he did confirm he's still there, probably making tea or something.

Soccer America incorporated dynamic lighting and this is a PS2 game from 2001...
Although i don't pay any attention to shadows and even if lighting has some effect in some stadiums, it creates a "tunnel effect" when the ball goes from shadow part to sunny one, i found pretty cheap this excuse " couldn't work for 10-15-20 minutes variable".
This post of @MafiaMurderBag proves a lot.
Additionally and while i am not a programmer, i think there are solutions in 2019. The common sense says that if you went to prevent a time lapse, in a 10 minutes match, you can make the shadow travel slower and move smaller distance i.e if in a 20 minutes match it starts from goalpost and reaches the midfield line, in a 10 minutes it could reach the half distance and while traveling slower, the illusion can be created.
I dont think that anyone will track the shadow during a match, with tools like solar clock and subatomic timer and feel offended if the shadow didn't travel realistically.

Look how Konami transformed a football match into a playground game.
They perfectly know how to made a great football gameplay. They show it and then leave the fox watch the geese.:PIG:

Now team shape is a mess, unorganized and breaking it by the middle. Instead defending closing gaps, we have three guys chasing the ball carrier. Players acumulation in the boxes. No midfield. Players making stupid forward runs. Teammates disconnected. Unorganic positioning.

It isn't unskilled developers problem, they want the game become this mess. :RANT:

It isn't unskilled developers problem, they want the game become this mess. :RANT:

Maybe it's a language barrier issue, so that my interpretation here is harsher than it should be. But what you state here is surely not true. I doubt many developers of any game want their output to be bad. More likely, they are forced into making compromises given a lack of resources, coherent direction, and passion.

Konami making moves with Bundesliga could possibly be gigantic news, couldn't it? From the trailer, it seems that they have Bundesliga 2 as well. Some fun things may be to come, I hope.

Maybe it's a language barrier issue, so that my interpretation here is harsher than it should be. But what you state here is surely not true. I doubt many developers of any game want their output to be bad. More likely, they are forced into making compromises given a lack of resources, coherent direction, and passion.
They->Konami
I'm sure that the game designer (could be Seabass), didn't like break all the deep game mechanics that all dev department has been working on the whole year. But he is a little bit guilty of being unable to defend his gameplay aproach.

Konami making moves with Bundesliga could possibly be gigantic news, couldn't it? From the trailer, it seems that they have Bundesliga 2 as well. Some fun things may be to come, I hope.

Unfortunately (even more as a German myself) it's just for Pes Mobile. But Konami making deals with the bundesliga is a good sign indeed. Maybe they finally can do something after the next contract with EA has ended. Which is 2021 I think.

But I didn't see 2. Bundesliga anywhere in that trailer to be honest.

The licence they have for Bundesliga was only ever for mobile SIM games, while FM got a licence for desktop SIM games. It's a couple of seasons yet until EA's exclusive deal with DFL for playable games runs out, by which point the landscape may have changed in numerous ways. Might MTX/lootboxes be banned? (Hopefully!) Will PES still be a force, on NextGen? Who knows. Will EA find the budget to lock DFL into another exclusivity deal? It's all just speculation at this point.

They->Konami
I'm sure that the game designer (could be Seabass), didn't like break all the deep game mechanics that all dev department has been working on the whole year. But he is a little bit guilty of being unable to defend his gameplay aproach.
I'm not sure I get your meaning here. But all I'm recommending is seeing the chaos of PES gameplay issues as a result of neglect, incoherent direction, and possibly as a side effect of pursuing games that look good for eSports ("magic moments", etc) rather than those which play well, bug-free, and make sense. These explanations are far more plausible than "the devs want to make the gameplay bad".

I'm not sure I get your meaning here. But all I'm recommending is seeing the chaos of PES gameplay issues as a result of neglect, incoherent direction, and possibly as a side effect of pursuing games that look good for eSports ("magic moments", etc) rather than those which play well, bug-free, and make sense. These explanations are far more plausible than "the devs want to make the gameplay bad".

You're right. Konami tweaks are pursuing a "more dynamic" gameplay. However, the power is nothing, without control.
After 5 updates and 9 months, if the game has become worse and you're unable to redirect it, you want make it bad.

If I was a proplayer I'ld like the game was the most deepest possible.
If I was eSports spectator, I'ld like the game was reliable with the sport that represents.
If I was a Mycluber, I'ld like the game rewards the time (not only the money) I spend in it.

But I'm oldschool player. Nobody in Konami will take care what I want.

After 5 updates and 9 months, if the game has become worse and you're unable to redirect it, you want make it bad

That really doesn't follow. Products/services normally become bad/don't improve because of mismanagement, lack of vision, lack of resources.

Maybe you mean to say not that Konami "want the game to be bad", but they "don't care that it's bad". I think this second claim is still wrong, but more defensible than the first, by a long stretch.

Right, actual rumour time.

In this article, in a discussion about whether Liga MX will be in the next game (it won't, says Robbye Ron—exclusive deal with EA), they speculate over whether Liga MX might be added as a fake league. The author writes this (Google Translated):

... in a conversation with a member of PESteam, it was confided to me that Konami's goal is to remove all fake leagues from the game, obviously with the exception of English and Spanish. Hence, it is up to Konami to analyze whether it is worth the effort to put the Liga Mex even if only partially licensed and do a market study to see if there would be a positive return. I would bet so.
The bolded clause sounds drastic, and the immediate interpretation is: remove all fake leagues! Meaning that the job of editors gets harder, and the joy of offline play gets reduced. But it may instead mean: remove facsimiles of established leagues ("English League 2", etc., not PEU league, etc.). In that case, they might also mean: sign up fully licensed leagues only, or else/also: add more fake (PEU etc.) leagues—in complete seeming contradiction with the text as written!

Honestly, it could well be second-hand, mistranslated, and speculative. So it's definitely not reliable, and even if it were, there's several permutations possible, each meaning something different to the future of the game, from offline and online perspectives. Online would suffer if they removed the likes of English League 2, nominally a "fake league" (offline would suffer too, if they didn't also add in extra, fake, editable leagues). But note the underlined clause above. Why is that "obvious"? I don't know. Could be that they mean: because they're very popular. But it could also mean: because they're unattainable (given EA's exclusivity deals). In that case, it points to the model of signing up whole leagues they can fully license, and not adding facsimiles of those leagues, with fakeish teams playable online.

That would be good for the online crowd. And it would potentially be good for the offline crowd, if they either added more licensed (and interesting) leagues, or if they additionally added more truly fake (PEU-style leagues).

If confirmed that they will remove as much fake leagues as possible it's another stupid decision. I simply don't understand how they can think to compete with Fifa on licenses.

Fake leagues and the whole editor was the reason people didn't care about licenses. During Ps1 era people even bought (or downloaded) Japanese Winning Eleven with their modified Ps1 just because the game was so good most didn't care that Juventus was Torino, Inter was Lombardia, Ajax was Amsterdam, Roberto Carlos was Roberto Larcos and so on.

They really want to start a license war against EA? That would be the end.

Many on here already said gamers won't care about a cheap Fifa clone with less licenses. Seriously, wasting resources into buying licenses that the following year are EA exclusive because EA can convince clubs to break contracts like it happened last year with Dortmund is one of the most stupid decisions ever.

I really hope that's not the case.

Last edited:
EA has a tight grip on Bundesliga at the moment. Rumours suggesting for a while it will get all stadiums in Fifa 20. Which is not surprising as La Liga got that treatment last year. E3 is just only 3 weeks away anywho, so the next few weeks shall be interesting.

Those trailers are like opening up a great gift you got as a kid at Christmas.

Right, actual rumour time.

In this article, in a discussion about whether Liga MX will be in the next game (it won't, says Robbye Ron—exclusive deal with EA), they speculate over whether Liga MX might be added as a fake league. The author writes this (Google Translated):

... in a conversation with a member of PESteam, it was confided to me that Konami's goal is to remove all fake leagues from the game, obviously with the exception of English and Spanish. Hence, it is up to Konami to analyze whether it is worth the effort to put the Liga Mex even if only partially licensed and do a market study to see if there would be a positive return. I would bet so.
The bolded clause sounds drastic, and the immediate interpretation is: remove all fake leagues! Meaning that the job of editors gets harder, and the joy of offline play gets reduced. But it may instead mean: remove facsimiles of established leagues ("English League 2", etc., not PEU league, etc.). In that case, they might also mean: sign up fully licensed leagues only, or else/also: add more fake (PEU etc.) leagues—in complete seeming contradiction with the text as written!

Honestly, it could well be second-hand, mistranslated, and speculative. So it's definitely not reliable, and even if it were, there's several permutations possible, each meaning something different to the future of the game, from offline and online perspectives. Online would suffer if they removed the likes of English League 2, nominally a "fake league" (offline would suffer too, if they didn't also add in extra, fake, editable leagues). But note the underlined clause above. Why is that "obvious"? I don't know. Could be that they mean: because they're very popular. But it could also mean: because they're unattainable (given EA's exclusivity deals). In that case, it points to the model of signing up whole leagues they can fully license, and not adding facsimiles of those leagues, with fakeish teams playable online.

That would be good for the online crowd. And it would potentially be good for the offline crowd, if they either added more licensed (and interesting) leagues, or if they additionally added more truly fake (PEU-style leagues).

Considering the other rumour about how important the EDIT MODE was going to be this year, and also considering the problem last year with the new leagues which couldn't be used in Master League because the file EDIT0000000 was old and the PES database wouldn't allow an extra league to be chosen in ML, what you just quoted there makes perfect sense.

-Create a new database system and edit file.
-Get rid of fake leagues (the public perception about PES is that everything looks fake because of the fake names, fake kits, etc. So getting rid of fake leagues would mean renovation for regularJoe).
-A "brand new" edit mode in which you can create leagues and sub-divisions.

Makes sense to me.
I'm reading between the lines here but 1+1=2, right? Unless it's Konami we're dealing with...

Considering the other rumour about how important the EDIT MODE was going to be this year, and also considering the problem last year with the new leagues which couldn't be used in Master League because the file EDIT0000000 was old and the PES database wouldn't allow an extra league to be chosen in ML, what you just quoted there makes perfect sense.

-Get rid of fake leagues (the public perception about PES is that everything looks fake because of the fake names, fake kits, etc. So getting rid of fake leagues would mean renovation for regularJoe).
-A "brand new" edit mode in which you can create leagues and sub-divisions.

Makes sense to me.
I'm reading between the lines here but 1+1=2, right? Unless it's Konami we're dealing with...
I think in Boolean algebra 1+1=1 :D :P
Maybe they want to tell they lost the “English” Leagues!!

Besides jokes, editing+PES are synonyms for years. Even if the game comes as MyClub evolution soccer, it seems really suicide to not have teams to edit.
Even if they want to counter EA in every license, I think it needs more money than those, they didn’t have to invest for CL & EL license.

Last edited:
-A "brand new" edit mode in which you can create leagues and sub-divisions

Yeah hopefully it's something like this. But the second step – deleting fake leagues – hopefully is a gradual process as they acquire league licences. Anything else would be a gutting of the fun leagues to play with (aka what they started by doing in PES2019).

Meanwhile, realistically they're not gonna get La Liga and EPL any time soon, so they'll have to keep those in with fake names.

They dont delete English league guys. When Konami will delete English league nobody wants buy this game

They dont delete English league guys. When Konami will delete English league nobody wants buy this game
Yeah no-one is suggesting they'll delete the English League, 1 or 2. I think it's very unlikely they would delete Spanish League or Italian League either. But it may be the case that their policy going forward is only to include new leagues if they're fully licensed.

Basically I think they are watching things completely false if this statement is true. It shows that they only care to fish players for MC/esports, by demolishing one of their biggest towers for offline.
I mean what was always the “best Part” of PES in terms of editing? The PEU league. It was since PES 10?, the land of freedom, chances and flexibility. Ok most people create Bundesliga obviously, but it let you go with whatever you like, if you have the editing mood, your local league, or a European mixed League, or a Portuguese second division etc, etc. The ideal would be after 2015 if they kept a fake-to-edit second division.
Since last year I felt more than ever the need for a second PEU League at least. One for the standard Bundesliga, and one for everyone’s favorite concept League, my country’s league or a good Balkan mixed league, now that Turkish SL is licensed, it opened more space for other Balkan teams in PEU. So for me it was a must do, a second fake PEU.

At I hope they expand the fake leagues, even better in what @Chuny described before, the flexible database maybe were you create empty leagues team a,b,c etc and you customize them as you want.

Also @Chuny when you posted about teams excluded due to edit00000.bin , did you meant the Thai league or the gone serieB, Spanish seconds?

Last edited:
I would very much like to see all fake leagues removed, tbh.

Why is it so hard to make a League Creation Mode where we could build leagues exactly the way we want? Choose the league size, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24 or 26 teams and the format, promotion/relegation rules, championship/relegation rounds etc; choose its country, if I pick a European one, automatically add me to EL/CL draws, if I pick an Asian one, automatically add me to AFC CL draws and so on. Also allow us to make that league a second division to an already licensed or created league. Club creation should be made possible too, use templates for crying out loud! Pick a squad size, maybe anywhere from 23 to 35-40 (?), generate all the players like PLAYER AAA or PLAYER 001 and so on, it would be a lot of work to edit, but I would take the time and the results would be worth it. Can you imagine being able to add all the European leagues for ML? You'd never get bored of it, so many more possibilities for scouting and changing managerial jobs. Most importantly, bring back a refreshed and detailed stadium creator!

But back to my initial question, why is it so hard? Wonder why, isn't it easier to remove some leagues due to "database limitations" and copy-paste what you already have with making small changes to squads and kits? Gee, I wonder...
Konami has to forget about the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga, exclusivity deals suck, I know, but that's why EA's throwing a ton of money at them. Having them for so long, who knows, maybe someday people will get bored of only seeing them in FIFA. But they really should focus on making a huge, impactful Edit Mode, freaking AO Tennis has an excellent edit mode for its genre. Sure, add more Asians leagues to expand the market, I've no problem with that, although adding leagues without at least 4-5 stadiums is a bit pointless to me, kits and real names don't do much.

You already have the reputation of "the game with few licenses and fake teams", so why not focus on gameplay + editing and customization? FIFA's locked out and super hard to edit, you'd win over a lot of passionate modders.

/rant over

Last edited:

:D that looks like a scene from Independence Day! Hope thats not in the next PES.

Bundesliga trailer but only for the mobile version

Pretty cool trailer.

Yeah no-one is suggesting they'll delete the English League, 1 or 2. I think it's very unlikely they would delete Spanish League or Italian League either. But it may be the case that their policy going forward is only to include new leagues if they're fully licensed.
They dont delete spanish and Italian league too, that's leagues is in top world leagues so they dont delete. Delete this two leagues is like shoot in knee

Basically I think they are watching things completely false if this statement is true. It shows that they only care to fish players for MC/esports, by demolishing one of their biggest towers for offline.
I mean what was always the “best Part” of PES in terms of editing? The PEU league. It was since PES 10?, the land of freedom, chances and flexibility. Ok most people create Bundesliga obviously, but it let you go with whatever you like, if you have the editing mood, your local league, or a European mixed League, or a Portuguese second division etc, etc. The ideal would be after 2015 if they kept a fake-to-edit second division.
Since last year I felt more than ever the need for a second PEU League at least. One for the standard Bundesliga, and one for everyone’s favorite concept League, my country’s league or a good Balkan mixed league, now that Turkish SL is licensed, it opened more space for other Balkan teams in PEU. So for me it was a must do, a second fake PEU.

At I hope they expand the fake leagues, even better in what @Chuny described before, the flexible database maybe were you create empty leagues team a,b,c etc and you customize them as you want.

Also @Chuny when you posted about teams excluded due to edit00000.bin , did you meant the Thai league or the gone serieB, Spanish seconds?

No, I mean the Thai league. Considering they announced a brand new licensed league... but it was useless. Pretty ridiculous from Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom