PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The later they start, the later we grow tired of it all.

I remember last year, by the time the demo was out I already HATED how Snow looked at Anfield.
They practically abused so much of the Anfield Stadium screenshots, specially showcasing the snow that I was sick of it. In fact I haven't played a single game with snowy weather in 2019. Literally. It was so poorly represented.

The same thing happened with many many other things, such as legends. Maradona and the rest. I just don't even want to try them at all because they make sure to take the secret and the fun out of discovering things.

I need teaser or screenshot or... artwork. We are three months of the release and we have nothing.
Maybe it means the game will good... I like this kind of strategy to not showing the game too early. They copied PR from FIFA and it was not good decision. Show game at gamescom and release late november like Pes 6 and 2015.

Last edited:
Maybe it means the game will good...
I don't think so :D Most likely to be opposite .

BTW I go back in my site and I saw the first official press release for PES 2018 was on 27-04-2018

09-05-2018 we have tons of screenshots, announcing video and tons of news.

I really hope not but maybe they need more time ,its all just rumours but it be a good reason why we haven't heard anything at the moment

That would surprise me big time. I think they were pretty satisfied with their early release last year. They said that it was a good choice to release one whole month before Fifa. Now it wouldnt make sense in my opinion to release it THAT late.
Everybody would already play fifa. The football season would already be in the winter break.. I don't know if anyone would even care about Pes anymore(except for the hardcore)
Of course the game would be better. But to be honest they don't really care about a good game they care about money/myClub. So why should they change anything.
And I don't think that we will get a new engine this year which would explain such a late release date. Naah I think this will be just a rumour.

There is no way they will release it after FIFA.

They have already tried every other option, except that one.
Releasing it the same day.
Releasing it a day before FIFA.
Releasing it a month before FIFA.

It's the only choice left. Releasing it a month or two after FIFA. I don't see it as a bad option if those 2 extra months are actually used to keep working on the game. It could be a great thing, if anything.

I need teaser or screenshot or... artwork. We are three months of the release and we have nothing.
I dont know if its good or bad. But remarkable is that they cut off any communication with the community. Its a a bad sign for me. Cause it shows that they are tired of all that ctrics while the core game generates them thanks to myclub players enough money . Its enough for them, they dont need to do more. Myclub ist the death of this game i reckon. They lost their roots now and behave like any other big player from the industry.

That would surprise me big time. I think they were pretty satisfied with their early release last year. They said that it was a good choice to release one whole month before Fifa. Now it wouldnt make sense in my opinion to release it THAT late.
Everybody would already play fifa. The football season would already be in the winter break.. I don't know if anyone would even care about Pes anymore(except for the hardcore)
Of course the game would be better. But to be honest they don't really care about a good game they care about money/myClub. So why should they change anything.
And I don't think that we will get a new engine this year which would explain such a late release date. Naah I think this will be just a rumour.
I criticised the early release last year, cause it is always rushed and half-arsed. It happens even with latter releases, and since PES offline, is usually like a puzzle ,assembled after each DataPack piece by piece resulting the game to be in its final form in the end of May.
So whats the point of being anxious if it will be released in September or October, when i know that ONLY after May i can fix the rosters and play a proper carrier.?
If it is for developing reason , let them take as much time as they need. No worries.

Last edited:
Just over 3 weeks until E3 and I'm usually slightly hyped, but because next-gen is next year, you definitely feel it's a copy+paste job for both games. I am very intrigued about this ML improvement I've been hearing about. Rumours are that Fifa will have some sort of NBA 2K equivalent single player career. I think it's based on that Madden is doing one similar.

I play mostly offline so it's good in a way, but surely it's all about being a manager that makes things fun.

Uhm that's "The Journey" and it ended in FIFA 19. Madden's came after FIFA's.

Nah, this is not The Journey. It's a new one that would likely allow you more freedom to create your own player and play in many more leagues. Rumours based on the QB1 mode that Madden 20 announced as the successor to their version of The Journey called Longshot which ended with Madden 19.

I think it'll be a copy of the one NBA 2K franchise do for their single-player mode. The Journey and Longshot were very linear with EA and only lasted one season.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/news/face-of-franchise?isLocalized=true It sounds promising if done right. BUT, I'd still prefer a much better manager mode. A bit unbalanced focusing on player career mode and leaving manager career as the same as years ago.

Nah, this is not The Journey. It's a new one that would likely allow you more freedom to create your own player and play in many more leagues. Rumours based on the QB1 mode that Madden 20 announced as the successor to their version of The Journey called Longshot which ended with Madden 19.

I think it'll be a copy of the one NBA 2K franchise do for their single-player mode. The Journey and Longshot were very linear with EA and only lasted one season.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/news/face-of-franchise?isLocalized=true It sounds promising if done right. BUT, I'd still prefer a much better manager mode. A bit unbalanced focusing on player career mode and leaving manager career as the same as years ago.

I don't think it would be much different to the player career we have right now. The only different thing probably would be that you get xp which you can use to manually improve stats.

I admire you guys optimism. but couldn't all the silcence and the retreat of asim mean that PES is done? Maybe they will just release a LITE Version with myclub this year....

I admire you guys optimism. but couldn't all the silcence and the retreat of asim mean that PES is done? Maybe they will just release a LITE Version with myclub this year....
They make tons of money from MyClub and mobile version of the game so... I will not surprise if what you predict to become true.

May 9th 2018 the PES 2019 teaser trailer dropped so if not next week I'd pretty much say the week leading up to E3.

I love this time of year. Even if both games end up being trash, it's sort of like looking forward to a new season to see if the clubs have made the right choices.

I like to think of those bloodsucking money parasites that are MyClub and FUT are very much compared to Alexis Sanchez.:TTTH: Just need to get rid to get back some positivity.

May 9th 2018 the PES 2019 teaser trailer dropped so if not next week I'd pretty much say the week leading up to E3.

I love this time of year. Even if both games end up being trash, it's sort of like looking forward to a new season to see if the clubs have made the right choices.

I like to think of those bloodsucking money parasites that are MyClub and FUT are very much compared to Alexis Sanchez.:TTTH: Just need to get rid to get back some positivity.

Im 32 and i have no such feelings, such anticipation for christmas or for my birthday anymore, or better say i look at these events differently for a while now. But still just before the first PES news hits, before the first trailer, before seeing the first gameplay, before the release of the demo, before getting the full version i still feel like a 14 years old.

Im 32 and i have no such feelings, such anticipation for christmas or for my birthday anymore, or better say i look at these events differently for a while now. But still just before the first PES news hits, before the first trailer, before seeing the first gameplay, before the release of the demo, before getting the full version i still feel like a 14 years old.
31 soon here as well. Nothing beats the feeling of discovering 3d games (jump from 2d to 3d back in the days), and their subsequent leaps. Now it has plateaued to a point where nothing excites me, let alone footy games. It takes an immense amount of hype and games from handful of trusted devs for me to buy a game. Unless we see some alien technology in gaming, dont think you, me and likes of us will be much impressed going forward. But i do look forward to the footy news nonetheless.

I'd only be hyped if somebody came out with a clear single player focus intention. Since it won't be the case and at best we'll have the usual half games that maybe, possibly, if rightly tweaked are slitghly enjoyable, I don't have an ounce of hype left.

I can almost imagine that they'll add a stadium editor this year, because it's one of the most requested features from the editors, and I can see them presenting that as "hugely improved edit mode" (without doing anything else).

But on the other hand, would you introduce it now, when (if rumours are to be believed) they're switching to Unreal for PES 2021 and the editor would have to be remade for that engine? I'm not so sure.

Maybe their version of "stadium editor" is that you can pick from a few basic pre-made complete stadium models, and change the colour of the seats and the nets.
Maybe. I know they had licensing issues last time and it's clearly a rather tricky situation to get around as if you offer anything that can replicate an actual stadium that is licensed to EA then they could be in a bad spot.

I have never been this bored by the thought of a new PES. Usually I buy PES by default but this I'm really gonna wait a while. Since the survey so strongly suggested that MyClub was the only thing they wanted some sort of feedback about I'm really pessimistic we will see improvements in the gameplay departement, at least not towards more realism, individuality (both in players and teams), shooting/passing and athmosphere during matches.

Maybe. I know they had licensing issues last time and it's clearly a rather tricky situation to get around as if you offer anything that can replicate an actual stadium that is licensed to EA then they could be in a bad spot.
I was only able to expect more to PES 2020 to be able to provide a better online mode experience than before

They have actually released PES 2015 later than FIFA 15, but I think it was not intentional and it was related to the development progress.

Before, the same time or after FIFA - within reason I don't think it matters as long as it's released in its entirety. Celtic and Rangers fans having to wait for four(?) data packs to get Parkhead and Ibrox - promised at release - was incredibly poor. I think it's the only time I've ever sympathised with Celtic and Rangers fans.

Out of curiosity I've just checked when @officialpes last tweeted about Master League. July 21st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom