PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PC)

This is how my Game "looks". Graphic settings exactly like Chuny. The Contrast/Brightness is set to 65/50.

proevolutionsoccer2019screensh.png

This is a focus on your pic
FGjhFrv.png

Y'all saying that this player does not seem to hover/levitate over the grass?
its like an 2-3 inches over it.

It's a shame the dev team are so incompetent that it's not possible to run fullscreen on my RX580 without it running in slow motion, once I'd changed to windowed (and then had to use the borderless app), I was able to run with everything maxxed out at a solid 60fps and it both looked great and played great. Overall they did an amazing job, I haven't been this impressed with PES in what feels like decades, if I can find a very low price I look forward to trying the full game out although I know the ML's fake structure will annoy me in the long term it could be a decent time filler until other games come out :)

FGjhFrv.png

Well, that zoomed in picture is useless as you don't see it liked that when playing the game. Anyway, I must admit the Screenshot from Chuny looks better than mine, don't know how he made the game look like that even though we have the same settings.

Thank god I changed to nvidia and I don't have shuttering and slow motion problems anymore. I will never buy AMD again

Thank god I changed to nvidia and I don't have shuttering and slow motion problems anymore. I will never buy AMD again

I bought my wife an Nvidia GTX1060, it had a problem whereby it would only allow a driver from 2 years ago be installed, no recent drivers would work with it, so neither of the manufacturers are immune to issues, fortunately Amazon have an incredible returns policy and took it back for a full refund after six months, they paid for the courier to deliver it back to them as well, love Amazon!

After a lot of experimenting,
Render settings in PES do NOTHING in gameplay graphics.
They affect only replay image quality.
The only setting that does something is texture filtering, when set to low, the grass is not so grainy and clean.
The rest of the settings are for replay only.

After a lot of experimenting,
Render settings in PES do NOTHING in gameplay graphics.
They affect only replay image quality.
The only setting that does something is texture filtering, when set to low, the grass is not so grainy and clean.
The rest of the settings are for replay only.

for PES 2018 if i set setting to medium, i get stutter; on low i do not. so i'm confident these settings apply to the pitch play, too.

of course you could be correct and the game is actually PRELOADING the cutscenes whilst you "play". (!!!)

I tested everything and on these weird shadows only helps turning on vsync, but with vsync ON game has a little delay while playing, wiith vsync -adaptative option a little shuttering at times..

Hello. I don't get this game runs smooth on my pc. Maybe someone can help, because i play the first time on pc. The problem ia that i have feeling that i get a little inputlag. In cutscenes, replays i get framesdropes. I go down to 35fps.in game i have 55-60 fps but it feels sluggish and and my input delayed. Not much, its playable, but never fells like ps4 version. Maybe the pc version plays different, but i doubt it.

My specifications
15339844619212972176691967606051.jpg

Maybe some can help me?!

Thanks

Is anyone else playing in window mode with borderless gaming? I get black bars in the menus and during cutscenes and replays, but the game goes full screen again during gameplay. Is there a way to fix this? I can't play on full screen because I get stutters, but the game is smooth in window mode.

Well, that zoomed in picture is useless as you don't see it liked that when playing the game. Anyway, I must admit the Screenshot from Chuny looks better than mine, don't know how he made the game look like that even though we have the same settings.

I told you I'm constantly changing the Contrast/Brightness settings-
I have no idea which one I was using at the time of that screenshot. Probably something like 67/60 or so.

I promise you there aren't any hidden secrets mate.

In fact right now I'm trying to make PES run at 4K resolution by using DSR, but I can't seem to find the right settings in Nvidia Control Panel to make it run smoothly. It runs a little choppy ingame. I don't know if I'm setting the VSync, Monitor Refresh Rate, etc correctly.
@Sami 1999 Any ideas mate?.

Is anyone else playing in window mode with borderless gaming? I get black bars in the menus and during cutscenes and replays, but the game goes full screen again during gameplay. Is there a way to fix this? I can't play on full screen because I get stutters, but the game is smooth in window mode.
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that it was to do with Dynamic Resolution being turned on in render settings..if you have it on try turning it off...like I say I may be thinking of something else.

I have no idea which one I was using at the time of that screenshot. Probably something like 67/60 or so.

In fact right now I'm trying to make PES run at 4K resolution by using DSR, but I can't seem to find the right settings in Nvidia Control Panel to make it run smoothly. It runs a little choppy ingame. I don't know if I'm setting the VSync, Monitor Refresh Rate, etc correctly.
I know m8 that there are no hidden secrets :D if I would used the same Contrast Settings, same camera angle, same time of day it would have looked the same :D

I'm happy how the game looks and runs thanks to your settings :)

About DSR, I tried that yesterday and didn't achieve a smooth run aswell and furthermore I thought it didn't look better ingame. 1440p is fine :)

It's a shame the dev team are so incompetent that it's not possible to run fullscreen on my RX580 without it running in slow motion, once I'd changed to windowed (and then had to use the borderless app), I was able to run with everything maxxed out at a solid 60fps and it both looked great and played great. Overall they did an amazing job, I haven't been this impressed with PES in what feels like decades, if I can find a very low price I look forward to trying the full game out although I know the ML's fake structure will annoy me in the long term it could be a decent time filler until other games come out :)

@Placebo@superleeds1 Simpliest workaround here is running DDU and uninstall AMD Drivers when I´m in the mood to play some PES2018. Windows 10 Default Relive is smooth in fullscreen, no 45FPS lock/stutter. I´m doing this way since Dec2017

Yeah, AMD just dont care to PES, I guess. It seems to be irrelevant people complaining about it in official Forum. Anyway the majority of other games are pretty & stable with latest AMD drivers here (RX 470 4gb).

As my country has a huge price leap between Gsync/Freesync I guess I wont make this switch to nvidia so soon - my freesync ultrawide monitor is awesome to my specs rn

Hmm, don't you have G-sync monitor? do you get stutters even with Gsync enabled?

Cause for me Fox engine has many issues with Frame rates that aren't multiple of 30. I can select 53Hz as my refresh rate and while most of the games like FiFA, etc run smoothly without stutters at locked 53 FPS at 53Hz, fox engine games like MGS V, PEs 18 and now Pes 19 stutters like crazy at 53 FPS. Don't know why it happens.

Interestingly it only happens with FPS below 60 and above 30. When I tried to run PES 18 at 75 FPS at 75Hz, the game ran smoothly [other than the stutters caused by FPS drops].

Anyway, maybe the demo isn't optimized properly. After all, PES 18 Demo ran worse than full version for me. So I hope this is the case with PES 19 as well. But if that stutter when FPS and refresh rate is set below 60fps/hz occurs with everyone, not even G-sync can fix it.

Can you monitor your framerate and see if the choppiness occurs even with locked 60 FPS or it occurs only when fps drops below 60?

@Placebo

As my country has a huge price leap between Gsync/Freesync I guess I wont make this switch to nvidia so soon - my freesync ultrawide monitor is awesome to my specs rn

Yeah, G-sync monitors are way too overpriced even though its not much different from freesync. Only reason I'm still going with Nvidia cards are because they are the only ones with good high end GPUs.

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that it was to do with Dynamic Resolution being turned on in render settings..if you have it on try turning it off...like I say I may be thinking of something else.

Yeah bro I also thought about that, but unfortunately that's not what's causing it.

@Elja I get black bars in menus, cut-scenes and replays when I'm using custom resolutions that is ultra wide.
Make sure you use a 16:9 game resolution like 1280x720 or 1600x900.

Last edited:
FGjhFrv.png

No, I think we're just saying -- or at least I am -- that I'm too busy playing the game to care about little details like that. If I look at that level of inspection there isn't a single sports video game on any platform that doesn't have some ridiculously comical graphical element. MLB The Show, relatively unanimously heralded as being one of the most beautifully rendered sports games of all time is flooded, absolutely flooded, with things like this. Bats that don't actually make contact with balls, eyeballs that snap in sockets from left to right like they're made of wood with no fluidity, people in crowds that walk up and down stairs without actually stepping steps, players that step on a base without actually making contact with the base.
Here's my criteria and I'll bet it's also the criteria for most people, if the game plays perfectly, I don't even care if the face is accurate. But if the game plays like crap, no amount of prettiness helps save it. So, no matter which way you look at it, something like this isn't really an issue. If it is for you, then perfect, you've just discovered that that's a deal breaker for you and you just saved yourself the money :)
To be perfectly honest with you, if you showed me that zoom in with no context, I would sincerely think that was a screen capture from a televised broadcast. And I'm a filmmaker and cinematographer. I can spot video anomalies almost in the blink of an eye. The tricks needed to make the gamer's eye see this as "real" are all present and quite nicely done.

Last edited:
So you have constant 60fps@ 4K even during the cutscenes? I get down to 40-45 frames in cutscenes, and smooth 60 while gameplay. But it annoys me when it stutters and prefer to play at 2560x1440 having locked 60fps at all times.

I think GTX 1070 is not good enough for playing @4K.
Set cutscenes to 30.

A 1070 is fine with this game as long as you're prepared to sacrifice the pretty effects. I turn them all off or set them to low, use no AA, 16xAF, keep all the texture and crowd settings on max. Game looks great.

What annoys me about the 2019 Demo is that I'm forced to disable some CPU cores just to play the game smoothly. I had to do the same in the 2017 demo but last year's 2018 demo I just had to tweak the power management settings.

Is hdr working for everyone. I've a Samsung qled and when I set my PC to HDR - WCG on, set HDR in the pes2019 settings but everything looks washed out. Got the tv for the PS4 pro and never used it for hdr on the PC till the demo. I'm using nvidia card. Its like its doing the opposite of what it should

Is hdr working for everyone. I've a Samsung qled and when I set my PC to HDR - WCG on, set HDR in the pes2019 settings but everything looks washed out. Got the tv for the PS4 pro and never used it for hdr on the PC till the demo. I'm using nvidia card. Its like its doing the opposite of what it should

On Windows, when you select HDR-WCG right below it there's an option for HDR Brightness level. Play around with it.

On Windows, when you select HDR-WCG right below it there's an option for HDR Brightness level. Play around with it.

Yea thanks tried that. It seems to be a bug. Only game I played with hdr is Far Cry 5 but for that game you can have hdr turned off in windows and just turn it on in game. For PES of course you have to have it turned on in windows as they have no way of turning it on in game. Crazy when you think you cant change resolution or settings we take for granted in other games

@Placebo@superleeds1 Simpliest workaround here is running DDU and uninstall AMD Drivers when I´m in the mood to play some PES2018. Windows 10 Default Relive is smooth in fullscreen, no 45FPS lock/stutter. I´m doing this way since Dec2017

No disrespect intended but I don't care about PES enough to uninstall my drivers to install old ones to play just one game ;) Maybe when the full game is out if ML is improved significantly over previous years :)

Back
Top Bottom