1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

PES 2019 News Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by SiuMing, 27 April 2018.

1. SiuMing

SiuMing League 2

4 December 2005
    Hong Kong
    PlayStation Store of Hong Kong has released the info about the pre-ordering of PES 2019. Beckham seems to be on the cover.

The release date appears to be August 30th. The store listing can be found here. (EDIT: This has now been removed - clearly someone's pressed the "go" button on Sony's side too early...)

[​IMG]

The store description states...
    • AUTHENTIC LEAGUES: Huge addition of licensed leagues
    • NEW MYCLUB: Every element has been redone, from how you sign players, to special versions of players released throughout the year
    • MAGIC MOMENTS: Player individuality taken to the next level with 11 new skill traits, score great goals with improved shooting motion and animation and see stamina have an impact with Visible Fatigue
    • THE BEAUTIFUL GAME: Photo-realism with stunning animation flow in 4K HDR
    • ML REAL SEASON: Experience life as a real manager with 3 significant changes: ICC pre-season, in-depth transfer system and new league licenses
    Screenshots (thanks to @ThomasGOAL for the hi-res versions):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 30 April 2018
    seppovich, Evil Star, Inoit and 13 others like this.
  2. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Looks like the road to PES 2019 has begun...

Is there any description of the game itself, any info about what's new?

3. SiuMing

SiuMing League 2

4 December 2005
    Hong Kong
    I found a link to the English version of the pre-order in PS Store online.

https://store.playstation.com/en-hk...LOYALTYPREAS0?emcid=hk-cht_fb_PES-2019_180427

The description inside the page:

Last edited: 27 April 2018
    ThomasGOAL likes this.
  4. mattmid

mattmid Championship

15 December 2011
    AUTHENTIC LEAGUES – Huge addition of licensed leagues

Is that a hint of their new direction?

Just a blurb, but maybe they have concentrated on the gameplay after all?

5. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    So one of the biggest complaints - shooting - is being claimed to have been reworked, and the thing they're most eager to get across is "new league licenses".

That's interesting... But it depends on the leagues, I suppose. Personally I'm only interested in European league licenses - I wonder if they've made any progress there...

6. Madmac79

Madmac79 League 1

11 September 2006
    So the game does come out the 30th of august? Seems really early in the year.
    The stamina bit gives some hope. And Coutinho's model/colors really looks real-life like.

Anyway I'll follow the news but I already decided I won't give up to any kind of hype after this past year.

Lami and Chuny like this.
  7. Ameppe

Ameppe Champions League

23 December 2007
    SSC Napoli
    Indepth Master League with pre-season, transfer system and league licenses?

I don't know why but it's too little, i expect a full revamp of Master League not just some additions. On the other end it seems like Myclub will be a complete revamp like bman already suggested.

Last edited: 27 April 2018
    Han, Lami and Chuny like this.
  8. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
  9. robbieryan

robbieryan I dream of occasional fanzine mentions

21 August 2011
    London
    Millwall
    we need more detail but potentially this is huge. Actual Stamina? improvements to shooting? ML improvements?????

Lami likes this.
  10. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I need more info on gameplay, specifically the AI. But the heart beats a little faster at the mention of the Master League, obviously...

In other news, great comparison image posted on Twitter here:
    PES 2019 screenshot v PES 2018 screenshot

[​IMG]

Inoit, Calvin and Lami like this.
  11. Ameppe

Ameppe Champions League

23 December 2007
    SSC Napoli
    Let's see this Visible Fatigue. If i see players sprinting at the end of the match like they are full of energy and pressing like crazy i know it will be another useless PR catchphrase.

12. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Months of utter negativity and now suddenly excitement and hope. As a Spurs fan, i know: it's the hope that kills you.

13. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Data Collection

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    Seems legit;)

14. rockstrongo

rockstrongo International

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    And new leagues!
    Even though it’s gonna take a lot for me to be pumped up by Pes this time around.
    I need a revamped ML,a couple of decent leagues and at least Pes 17 game play if I’m gonna jump on this game.
    We’ve been stabbed in the back before

Jimi_Zuko and slamsoze like this.
  15. Paterson

Paterson OF Editing PC

19 November 2014
    Germany
    New league license? Sounds good to me. :COP:;))

16. rockstrongo

rockstrongo International

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    Ha ha,know the feeling,but pretty much the opposite.
    I support a team that hasn’t won fuck all,now were top of the league.
    And we’re moaning about that as well

Lami and mattmid like this.
  17. peterc10

peterc10 Conference

31 May 2007
    United Kingdom
    Liverpool FC
    Master League sounds a bit underwhelming to be honest. It's not an actual pre-season is it? Its just the ICC which I imagine only the most popular clubs would play in?

The addition of more leagues is certainly interesting, if nothing else its good to have more team slots to play with.

18. ThomasGOAL

15 March 2003
    France
    improved shooting motion and animation :LOVE:

Redhat, Lami and broxopios like this.
  19. Ameppe

Ameppe Champions League

23 December 2007
    SSC Napoli
    It is disappointing. I'm still waiting for it to be announced (sometimes they add more infos) but that doesn't look good.

Lami likes this.
  20. normazimuth

normazimuth Non-League

18 May 2013
    I'm sure we'll see the fatigue affect the human team's players but I fully expect the cpu players to be immune and to see every one of it's players accelerating and sprinting at 99 and develop super dribbling, passing and shooting skills during the latter stages of every match...as is the same in every PES.

21. Flame

Flame League 1

18 December 2014
    every year they say shooting,passing,animation improved
    and ml revamped was a thing in 2016
    they love using beautiful words to describe
    never trust them easily

Lami and Jimi_Zuko like this.
  22. ThomasGOAL

15 March 2003
    France
  23. mattmid

mattmid Championship

15 December 2011
    Having a picture of Beckham and the word Legend on the cover already makes me sceptical :LOL:

Lami and Gunslinger like this.
  24. Panthera1

Panthera1 League 1

4 February 2004
    Sound promising but Seeing is Believing. Hopefully they'll announce injury, foul, scouting and training system later. I'm not getting excited as last year we were supposed to be getting a great masterleague. Its kind of dull and the transfer system is broken (big teams selling all their players). its now nearly May and I think 3 patches and not even a mention of fixing it. I can sort it my self thanks to the work of some tool makers but if I was on ps4 or xbox Pes 2018 would be unplayable for me. So to be honest I'm more looking forward to the tools and mods the community puts out than the actual game

Lami and sienkiewicz like this.
  25. fregen

fregen Peking

31 January 2006
    Sweden
    IFK Norrköping
    But you are top of the league now, and you won against us really easy! ;)

26. Pyro

Pyro League 1

3 November 2011
    Huge addition of new leagues sounds good. If it's really that huge(10+ at least), it won't bother me that much that CL and EL logo/anthem/etc are lost to FIFA.

What about...edit mode though? That is what does bother me. And sadly, it doesn't look like it'll be touched this year either. No sound of a stadium creator either, though if there's many new leagues + potentially more individual licenses, we could see more stadiums though.

pacpes, Lami and mattmid like this.
  27. slamsoze

slamsoze League 2

28 September 2010
    Call me the PESimist but IMHO the 18 picture is from in-game and 19 ,considering the smoothness, the POV and the lighting to the crowd/stadium stands, seems to be from the intro video as they do every year with the first published images.So i cant compare the in-game graphics with intro video's one.

28. koningfrikandel

koningfrikandel League 2

5 May 2017
    Even for hollow PR buzzwords this sounds very limited . Huge licensing ? What leagues then? Mention them! Same old dross about ML we hear every year, they mention it just enough to keep the hype going for us old-schoolers /offliners. No mention of edit mode which is disappointing to me. Not exciting in the least to me and likely not even 50 percent of the claims will amount to anything, going on the past 2 years.

29. ThomasGOAL

15 March 2003
    France
    Jonas Lygaard follow the Russian league on twitter, maybe a clue

30. Sami 1999

Sami 1999 Noob

28 June 2015
    Maybe I will buy it if they improve the laggy input delay when moving players.