PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Come on guys, stop waiting for the mail and come over to the dark side of digital.
-Don't have to rely on the mail, duh
-Game is ready the literal second it's out
-Don't have to stack shelves with games
-Never have to get up to switch games
-More expensive
-Can't sell it back used
I think I may have sabotaged my attempt to convert you with those last two but damn it I still prefer digital!

Come on guys, stop waiting for the mail and come over to the dark side of digital.
-More expensive
-Can't sell it back used
I think I may have sabotaged my attempt to convert you with those last two but damn it I still prefer digital!

Add "playable via PS4 Remote from everywhere you are" to this list.

-More expensive
-Can't sell it back used
Disc is so old hat now

I went all digital and haven’t looked back....

Plus I would also sell pes after two weeks, miss it, buy it again

Rinse repeat

Digital I am stuck with it :LOL:

I will try to make an OF too, but it will not come ASAP, i'm blocked until 4 september.
Perhaps i will need some help to do it, if there's volunteers. to make part of the project. The main version will be only to correct every mistake from IG teams an players, stats and faces.

A thread will be opened, i will at first try to correct things from the database...But after the first "real" DLC. They modify stats and i don't wan't to reset every player i've corrected.

And if i've got time, because last year it wasn't the case at all due to some issues i've encountered, i will open a thread. If there are volunteers, they're welcome.
But it will be not created "from scratch", i will take teams from others league makers, and fix structure, stats and appearence. That's the best i could do, for time saving.

So:

-Version 1: Summers transfers (for the whole year) for more realism if you start an ML. Of course after the winter transfers, new players will be in free agent, up to you to sign them or not.
The issue is with Brasileirao, Apertura and Clausura from several Sud Am league, and AFC too.. Transfers windows end on April.
Players stats errors corrected, and teams will be fit to the banners that you can't edit. For example in the PAS league, if there's 3 Korean, 5 Chinese, 2 Japanese (i don't know), teams will be fit to the banners.
Stats will be inspired by FM, or Fifa, and transfermarkt.
If all players banners in PEA league for example are in Chinese, there will be CSL on it.

About PLA and OLA, if it's the same as last year, there's 2 Brasil banners, and the rest is in Spanish, so no issue to create a league from Sudam + 2 Serie B Brasil teams + teams from Libertadores + Sudamericana.

Even if Liga Mx are not part of Concacaf (North-Central America fed.), i don't think to create another league from Conmebol: The second not-in-game league from Conmebol more valuable is Ecuador Serie A, but they only have 12 teams. Uruguay have 15 teams, and Venezuela even with 18 teams is a bit too weak.

-Version 2: after the first version completely finished, i will try to update transfers every 2 or 3 weeks, but depends of time i've got.

SETTINGS
Game Speed -1
Full Manual
Professional

Really enjoying this. I don't think that knocking a ball around a pitch has ever felt so good in a computer football game. The ball, at least on PA0, feels so free.

And what's really pleasing is that the animations all take the right amount of time. That "touch" thing they were talking about makes everything feel really natural. One thing I hated in football games, mostly in FIFA (especially with its driven pass), but also used to happen in PES, was those speeded up animations which no footballer can do in real life, as well as those moves with four passes in a row at 100 miles per hour. But they're not there in PES anymore.

Also, last year I hated, absolutely hated the amount of room in midfield. That's a lot better this year because of the increased aggression from the AI.

Haven't played enough to see if there's enough variety from the AI opponent. They do occasionally make the wrong decision about heading towards goal, but it doesn't stand out enough for me. And I'm just grateful that they do pass it around the back and recycle the ball.

Now for the bad part. Why aren't there at least 100 stadiums in this game? Seriously? And they still have those two generic stadiums that are meant to be British but look like they were built 200 years ago.

-More expensive
-Can't sell it back used
it's not more expensive if you game share ..wont it work out cheaper

12 hours to go for me. Will start by having a go with Iceland, probably set up a custom World Cup. At least if the team is still licensed and has the real players, I am not entirely sure about that part. I think Iceland may have been the only national team in PES 2018 that didn't have the official kit renewed before the World Cup.

I don't. But it's worth pointing out that for instance the PS store has sales all the time. If you aren't buying on day one you can pick up absolute bargains later on.
I tend to go digital for most games (asides from when there is a really, really nice steelcase version) but you're completely right about the prices of digital being great right now. The volume of sales on the PS store and the price cuts have been really good in the past 2 years - at times I've even bought games that I own the disc for again on the store to save having to change the disc in the console...

Yeah the game will be very cheap once fifa comes out for sure the amount of people trading in pes for fifa will be quite a lot, people will get bored eventually playing meaningless friendlies and no modes

I tend to go digital for most games (asides from when there is a really, really nice steelcase version) but you're completely right about the prices of digital being great right now. The volume of sales on the PS store and the price cuts have been really good in the past 2 years - at times I've even bought games that I own the disc for again on the store to save having to change the disc in the console...

Don't want to hog the thread too much with this but yeah I really think it's a great option. I said more expensive because straight up me buying it for 50 pounds on PSN against someone finding a good deal on it at a retailer, then I defo have the more expensive option. But it depends on your situation, games here in Iceland are mad expensive and this couple I know just got a PS4 and I told them to just ignore the physical shops altogether. Wait for sales on PSN and you are golden. I do miss going to the store daily to see if PES has finally arrived. There was a certain magical atmosphere about it. Maybe I could just about pop into the shop after work and grap a copy as the doors close in, Indiana Jones style. Good times. But now, I just like having less stuff. I think that kind of comes with age. Just cram all my games into that black box, sounds good to me.

Guys does anyone with digital version of the game notice that ps4 fans are working on high constantly during the games and after that while you are in menus? I know someone said that for pc version game uses much resources but ps4 is different. is it just me or it's the same for others? thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom