PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

White edited kits sill look shiny... ugly
look the sleeves
Dlvva2FUcAAqILz.jpg

Don’t worry man it’s about gameplay and depth ... something pes delivers on [gameplay] and struggles with [depth]

That's what i've been trying to say. Delayed 2 - 3 weeks until FIFA is released. PES has been put into embargo by EA for some odd reason. Yes i speak only on behalf of the Australians.
This is lies man EA can’t embargo what other producers do ... why do you keep saying it like it’s fact??

Embargo is probably not the right word, but its definitely a fishy situation. How can stores in Australia, like BigW, Kmart, Target all only sell Fifa, and not Pes... whilst the shops that do sell PES, like EB, JBhifi etc, never advertise PES.. I only see advertisements for Fifa19..and its a few weeks away. PES is out tomorrow... and there is on mention. I cant believe its solely up to the store on what they advertise... otherwise there'd surely be one store outta 50 that have some form of advertisement for PES. I smell a can of tuna...

Last edited:
Tried it too, but not very effective with a controller.
Back in December invested in Logitech G29 with shifter + wheel stand pro. Until then, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars were everyday on my menu :) Best decision, it`s very addictive even that G29 is minimum for enjoying sim racing on ps4/pc. Didn`t played F1 2018 but it`s not sim, people say it`s fun, GT Sport also.
moderators sorry for off topic conversation :)

Going from this footage i regard the CPU as quite variable in context to the last years of PES. I don´t see a repeating pattern or excessive preference to going over the wings, at least no higher ratio than you would expect in real life. And if, you see high crosses as well as low ones.

I am curious how other players have a complete different view on that.

Going from this footage i regard the CPU as quite variable in context to the last years of PES. I don´t see a repeating pattern or excessive preference to going over the wings, at least no higher ratio than you would expect in real life. And if, you see high crosses as well as low ones.

Is every pitch the same in the game? Green stripe with an extremely light green stripe?

Got a feeling the video thread will be good this year. I've already scored what I consider a "PES goal" on the demo. Once I get internet (Monday) I'll upload it. Shot variation really is good this year still not perfect but such a huge improvement on the last few years.

I intercepted a pass with mbappe and unleashed a shot from 25 yards. He hit it straight on and it didn't move in the air, crashed off the post and in, just under halfway between post and bar. No more top corner rockets only. It was a genuine wow moment and looked amazing.

Game should arrive today and I can't wait to start getting to grips with it. R2 dribbling seems great as a tool to link quick movements too.

Oh and finally, R2 shooting is FINALLY satisfying.

If they just fix ai finishing when in on goal and keepers coming off their line this will be a brilliant game.

Last edited:
Got a feeling the video thread will be good this year. I've already scored what I consider a "PES goal" on the demo. Once I get internet (Monday) I'll upload it. Shit variation really is good this year still not perfect but such a huge improvement on the last few years.

I intercepted a pass with mbappe and unleashed a shot from 25 yards. He hit it straight on and it didn't move in the air, crashed off the post and in, just under halfway between post and bar. No more top corner rockets only. It was a genuine wow moment and looked amazing.

Game should arrive today and I can't wait to start getting to grips with it. R2 dribbling seems great as a tool to link quick movements too.

Oh and finally, R2 shooting is FINALLY satisfying.

If they just fix ai finishing when in on goal and keepers coming off their line this will be a brilliant game.
all fair, but how do you like the new shooting system!? :LMAO:
;)
a video thread as a good idea!! :APPLAUD:

Last edited:

for me it wasn't so much the lack of variation, just how robotic and unnatural they are in terms of sticking intensely to their given tactic. I think the best examples of it are when the AI are through on goal and pass it inexplicably outside the box instead of having a shot, and also when you close down the wings against AI that has short pass + wide attacking area and they just inexplicably run the ball off the pitch instead of passing it inside. now i've seen it, I just can't unsee and it's a ruiner.

If I've seen well, ZERO AI fouls, worse than in demo

I think the best examples of it are when the AI are through on goal and pass it inexplicably outside the box instead of having a shot

Well, that seems to happen once in a while but after all the vids i watched i don´t see it as a constant and
reproducible issue, as there are many examples where attackers make the right (or at least comprehensible) decisions.

I have a big tolerance for bugs as long as they are not 100% recurrent.

Got an e-mail from PlayStation yesterday, reminding me that I could pre-order Fifa 2019 and that it had the Champions League now. I have to say the timing of that announcement is a bit of a dick move from Sony there :NO:

Back
Top Bottom