PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

What they should do, is to spend one year on expanding and improving edit options. Give people tools to do what they want and then just focus on whatever they want to focus on. One year spent on creating proper freedom for people would give them so much and saved so much money in a long run.
- Editable leagues, where you can add D2, even D3 to the league you play, plenty of fake leagues to give people freedom to customise it whichever way they want.
- Stadium creator with a lot of slots for stadiums.
- logo creator, so people on Xbox could finally make proper kits
- stadium customisation, with chants, flags, proper banners
- balls editor
- unlock all stadiums for all leagues
- universal stat editor, so people could do one tweak and apply to all players in the game
- injury frequency, transfers frequency, stamina depletion level...
- more camera options

If they gave people tools to customise the game properly, they could forget about offline for the next couple of years. People would be happy out. They need to realise that editing was/is and will be their strongest asset.

Even if they are afraid that people will stop buying it yearly and just stick to one version and keep editing it - thats bullcrap. Online players will keep buying new version and always play new version.
Only the likes of us, grumpy old pes fans, might stick to one version that suits them most. But at least that would shut us up for a while and there would be much less grumpyness around.
Yeah they really need to add more editing options and stuff.
I will open a fuckin bottle of wine the day they add height durability in replays.

The thing is though that a large part of gamers or casuals or whatever,aren't familiar and don't even bother to learn editing stuff or download OF's etc to make the game better.They just want the whole package from the beggining without having to do something by themselves.Especially console players which is the vast majority,only recently gain the ability and became able to add some logos and kits in the game.As for Fifa console players,they don't know shit about these things because they never had to bother with it because they had always everything ready.
You see comments in youtube like ''i don't wanna play with North London and Man Red!'' and make fun about it like it's Konami's fault and they don't even know that EA has the exclusives and the monopoly,and even if they know that there is a way to fix these things,atleast for PS4,they don't wanna bother but choose Fifa instead which has everything correct and ready to play.
So if Konami add another 10 fake leagues in the game,imagine the reaction from these guys..
''WTF are all these stupid fake leagues and teams??This is shit,i'm not playing this shit lol!''..
Maybe Konami are affraid of reactions like these and they try to make the game as authentic looking as possible,that's why they added all these authentic leagues this year cause they know that most people fall for this shit,and criticize badly when things aren't authentic.So adding another 10 fake leagues in the game maybe won't be the best idea if you think about it from this perspective..

Another thing is that they have these stupid limitations which is ridiculous for this era.Like they had to remove second divisions for space issues..Pes is a barely 10-15 GB game and they have space issues?
Shit,we had GTA5 in 2013 which was a 60 GB game and had everything.
And they still have space issues for gloves,boots,leagues etc in 2019..
Probably it's the engine's fault which is 6-7 years old by now and have to fuck off at some point soon and replaced with a new modern and powerfull one so we'll finally see real improvement in all aspects,gameplay and non-gameplay wise.

Yeah they really need to add more editing options and stuff.
I will open a fuckin bottle of wine the day they add height durability in replays.

The thing is though that a large part of gamers or casuals or whatever,aren't familiar and don't even bother to learn editing stuff or download OF's etc to make the game better.They just want the whole package from the beggining without having to do something by themselves.Especially console players which is the vast majority,only recently gain the ability and became able to add some logos and kits in the game.As for Fifa console players,they don't know shit about these things because they never had to bother with it because they had always everything ready.
You see comments in youtube like ''i don't wanna play with North London and Man Red!'' and make fun about it like it's Konami's fault and they don't even know that EA has the exclusives and the monopoly,and even if they know that there is a way to fix these things,atleast for PS4,they don't wanna bother but choose Fifa instead which has everything correct and ready to play.
So if Konami add another 10 fake leagues in the game,imagine the reaction from these guys..
''WTF are all these stupid fake leagues and teams??This is shit,i'm not playing this shit lol!''..
Maybe Konami are affraid of reactions like these and they try to make the game as authentic looking as possible,that's why they added all these authentic leagues this year cause they know that most people fall for this shit,and criticize badly when things aren't authentic.So adding another 10 fake leagues in the game maybe won't be the best idea if you think about it from this perspective..

Another thing is that they have these stupid limitations which is ridiculous for this era.Like they had to remove second divisions for space issues..Pes is a barely 10-15 GB game and they have space issues?
Shit,we had GTA5 in 2013 which was a 60 GB game and had everything.
And they still have space issues for gloves,boots,leagues etc in 2019..
Probably it's the engine's fault which is 6-7 years old by now and have to fuck off at some point soon and replaced with a new modern and powerfull one so we'll finally see real improvement in all aspects,gameplay and non-gameplay wise.
People saying "i dont want to play North London" have IQ of a tea pot and wont play Pes anyway, so I wouldnt really care about their reaction..

Another option would be to allow people to edit and swap licenced leagues/teams around.
Id gladly swap french D2 for spanish D2. If I could edit french D2 and swap it around id be happy out.
Plus - if I have zero interest in Asian leagues, why not let me edit all them and add them to european football.
They could still announce their new licenses and I could edit all them to suit me.

People saying "i dont want to play North London" have IQ of a tea pot and wont play Pes anyway, so I wouldnt really care about their reaction..

Another option would be to allow people to edit and swap licenced leagues/teams around.
Id gladly swap french D2 for spanish D2. If I could edit french D2 and swap it around id be happy out.
Plus - if I have zero interest in Asian leagues, why not let me edit all them and add them to european football.
They could still announce their new licenses and I could edit all them to suit me.
Personally i will be pleased enough if they just bring back Serie B and La Liga 2 and that's it.
And i think this will happen for sure after this year's bashing that they got for this.
I only care about top 5-6 leagues in Europe and to have second divisions for them also so the ML will be more interesting.
I also don't care about Asian or American stuff or most of the leagues they added this year.
But i understand that people from other places of the world care so they have to consider them also but there's no reason to fuck with top European leagues and remove essential second divisions.Except for their shitty space limitations of course..
But i'm sure they learned their lesson this year.

Another observation (which can't actually be true): it seems that if I don't touch an ML save file for a long time, and then pick it up again, I score a shitload of goals. I didn't play my Inter campaign for the last two months and continued it in the last days. Won 4-1 against Sampdoria at home, and 2-4 in CL group stage at Ajax. 8 goals! Alas, third game was already back to the usual scripted shite: scored early vs Parma, for the rest of the game they out-passed, out-dribbled and out-ran me and turned it around with two low-cross, player doesn't react kind of goals, winner in the 88th minute.

It's as if you don't play them for a long time, the AI somehow forgets how it is done or the Adaptive AI is erased. In the Sampdoria match, Adriano scored a hattrick within the first 8 minutes... This game is so strange...

I decided to try a 30 min match in exhibition mode like has been suggested on here. Top Player ,PA1,Basic Shooting.
Score
Lazio (Me) 4 Ajax(CPU) 10
I could have had another 2 or3 goals as well easily.
The game played exactly the same as a ML match with insane levels of AI precision passing and top corner shots. I think AJax had 4 goals from 5 shots at one point. It was garbage horrible experience.
I dont know what game you guys are playing that you get a 1-1 scoreline!

I played Liverpool v servile same as you except advanced shooting and it was nil nil at half time.

Felt really well balanced.

I had your experience on superstar against barca but was playing manual. They were 4 nil up after 10 mins

Ive had about 6 games now and not seen the AI score more than 3 on TP

I decided to try a 30 min match in exhibition mode like has been suggested on here. Top Player ,PA1,Basic Shooting.
Score
The game played exactly the same as a ML match with insane levels of AI precision passing and top corner shots. I think AJax had 4 goals from 5 shots at one point. It was garbage horrible experience.

Professional. Full manual (except I do like to keep pass direction indicators on at the mo as I'm still learning). Game speed -2.

Got hammered 5-2 in my original lineup on ML (Cardiff vs Milwall).

In Spurs ML, got drawn with Ajax (!) in qualifying - Ajax were 3-1 up before Lamela and Eriksen delivered with free kicks in the last 20 mins.

I was pleased with the comeback but Eriksen commented after the game "we need to do better".

One thing that I wanted to see on PES 2020 is some simple description on saved games. Wich team you are using, wich league, wich phase of the tornament you are.
The only thing is showed is "League" and the date of the last save. Sometimes you have a lot of cup, league, CL saved files but you cant distinguish one from another.
Its a simple thing to do right?

One thing that I wanted to see on PES 2020 is some simple description on saved games. Wich team you are using, wich league, wich phase of the tornament you are.
The only thing is showed is "League" and the date of the last save. Sometimes you have a lot of cup, league, CL saved files but you cant distinguish one from another.
Its a simple thing to do right?

Should be simple, but this is Konami we are dealing with here

Score

I did something similar, can’t try 30 minutes, so I extended my 10mimutes in ML/TopPlayer/PA1/all basic, to 15 minutes .
Didn’t expect miracles, just some slower pace.
What I saw was the same as before, crazy games that end 5-4, 4-3, in comparison to 3-2, 2-1 of 10 minutes.
The problem is the game with the forced AI that scores 2goals/2shoots and their goalkeeper does 9 saves while mine does 1 or 0. All this in 15 minutes feels completely out of control, when the score is 2-1 in 12’ of 90’. The only way to limit the craziness is hold the ball in back line and just make passes and make players spin with the ball around themselves, and don’t let the CPU or my self to try and play football.Any other way or try to play football is punished, with 5-4 goalfest. I tried this in Swiss League and Ligue 2, with the same , out-of-control-felling results. It seems that even in these Leagues with 2-3star teams, everything seems scripted and broken, cause I remember in the first Datapacks , I had a ML save in League 2 and everything seemed more “human”, than in the current 5.01 DAtapack.
I don’t see , what we saw previous years, that the game played better after the last updates. I feel it know more unplayable than it was in the early season.

I did something similar, can’t try 30 minutes, so I extended my 10mimutes in ML/TopPlayer/PA1/all basic, to 15 minutes .
What I saw was the same as before, crazy games that end 5-4, 4-3, in comparison to 3-2, 2-1 of 10 minutes.
The problem is the game with the forced AI that scores 2goals/2shoots and their goalkeeper does 9 saves while mine does 1 or 0. All this in 15 minutes feels completely out of control, when the score is 2-1 in 12’ of 90’. The only way to limit the craziness is hold the ball in back line and just make passes and make players spin with the ball around themselves, and don’t let the CPU or my self to try and play football.Any other way or try to play football is punished, with 5-4 goalfest. I tried this in Swiss League and Ligue 2, with the same , out-of-control-felling results. It seems that even in these Leagues with 2-3star teams, everything seems scripted and broken, cause I remember in the first Datapacks , I had a ML save in League 2 and everything seemed more “human”, than in the current 5.01 DAtapack.
I don’t see , what we saw previous years, that the game played better after the last updates. I feel it know more unplayable than it was in the early season.

it has to be 30mins. [I played 15 and 20mins previously - dissatisfied, I tried 30. the difference is noticeable.]

I get that its not practical to allocate 50 minutes play time to one match but definitely worth a test game to see. What you may find is that you leave the game MORE SATISFIED which actually means you have less of that I NEED TO PLAY ANOTHER GAME NOW TO GET MY FILL feeling.

try it.

Last edited:
Do see this may be we can look upto something, hope for master league my favourite.

Last edited:
it has to be 30mins. [I played 15 and 20mins previously - dissatisfied, I tried 30. the difference is noticeable.]

I get that its not practical to allocate 50 minutes play time to one match but definitely worth a test game to see. What you may find is that you leave the game MORE SATISFIED which actually means you have less of that I NEED TO PLAY ANOTHER GAME NOW TO GET MY FILL feeling.

try it.
I've just had a crazy game on 30 min - actually 50 mins as it went to extra time - FA cup against Preston and i was Liverpool - they had a great early chance but blasted wide - from then i controlled the game and at half time i wad 2-0 up and cruising. They got a penalty to make it 2-1 and then they got a new sense of life.They pulled it back to 2-2 then i made it 3-2 with 10 to go. Then another silly foul in the area and 3-3 full time. I'd used all my subs and my players weren't running. They went 4-3 up before i equalised to make it 4-4. They then went 5-4 up from a freekick before i made it 5-5 and then won the game 6-5. The score line was big because both teams were attacking and the silly pens i gave away. I also won 11 fouls. It was a great game.

They would also have to remove the mechanism, though, where in ML they have the AI players ignore their own stats and play out of their league all of the time.
I'm agree. IMO it's nice idea that the AI react to the way you play, however the adaptative AI feels like cheating.

I remeber a feature named "heart" that was on the firsts Fox Engine games. It hadn't so much impact on games and Konami removed it.
However it could be a nice way to make games more dynamic if it is well developed. As we've seen in this Champions League season, the emotions can drive the destiny of a football game

Score
just tried a game after 3 or 4 months away from the game, garbage game vs cpu, even with pa0 and superstar, game is just a scripted mess with everyone just overriding ur actions, messi gets dispossessed so easily, this is no simulation football, back to the other game i guess

1.5.1 has been programmed by someone whose mission it is to deprive this game of the last ounces of fun it might still have left.

I am actually afraid of going up 1-0 early, because it means you have to fight the “Now-CPU-has-to-score-to-keep-things-interesting” mechanism longer, at least until half-time or until the inevitable equalizer hits.

I managed to win an ML game on TP 3-1 the other day and couldn’t believe that the AI would allow me to go two goals ahead. I was literally on my knees, almost in tears that I’d finall managed to conjure up what in real life is considered a normal result when Bayern plays Hannover at home.

I'm agree. IMO it's nice idea that the AI react to the way you play, however the adaptative AI feels like cheating.

I remeber a feature named "heart" that was on the firsts Fox Engine games. It hadn't so much impact on games and Konami removed it.
However it could be a nice way to make games more dynamic if it is well developed. As we've seen in this Champions League season, the emotions can drive the destiny of a football game
Are you sure they have removed it? I think more that it is still implemented permanently, and just the option to turn it on/off is removed.
As for the impact: Form the official pes2018 manual e-book:
kqhkCny.png

link: here in FORM/STAMINA section

Last edited:
Squeezed in another 30 min league game against spartak. Lost 3-2 due to a really poor tactical decsion. I was 2-1 down with 5 to go and scored from a set piece on a free kick to make it 2-2. Then thought I could win it and left it all out attack and they scored on the break.. Silly and its more gutting after 30 mins :)

About emotion system, I think it should effect n the arrows form only. The arrows form would change during the match. But now, we have arrows form and the emotion system boosting and decreasing the stats incredibly.

Has I said once on konami facebook page and with all due respect, I dont need the game emulating emotions to me. Im not japanese! If Im losing a game and Im manage to keep cool and dont lose my temper, I may turn the score or even tie the game. But if not, I will rush and miss passes, make silly fouls and stuff.

Now, if I am losing and the game nurfes the stats of my players, thats cheating.

5-1 vs Ajax in the first CL Group match... WTF? Top Player but felt like Semi-Pro. It was after a system file crash and a brand new installation of Smoke Patch (sorry for the PC related talk).

I simply don’t understand this game. There is no consistency. What more, I played without any advanced tactical instructions... mental

Edit: next game vs Augsburg, also at Allianz Arena, same tactics: 1-1. Augsburg, ffs!!!! Seems I can shoot a CL semi-finalist out of the park but don’t get any leg into playing a relegation candidate - at home!

Last edited:
Score

Im going to try another 30 min match, this time with -2 game speed and advanced shooting. I will use 2 lesser teams this time picked randomley. Boavista v Vitotia Setubal it is

About emotion system, I think it should effect n the arrows form only. The arrows form would change during the match. But now, we have arrows form and the emotion system boosting and decreasing the stats incredibly.

Has I said once on konami facebook page and with all due respect, I dont need the game emulating emotions to me. Im not japanese! If Im losing a game and Im manage to keep cool and dont lose my temper, I may turn the score or even tie the game. But if not, I will rush and miss passes, make silly fouls and stuff.

Now, if I am losing and the game nurfes the stats of my players, thats cheating.

I'm not sure if it's working now. But if it is, should have visual indicator like the heat map in Pes 2014.

Otherwise, I'm starting to think that the "MyClub vs Com events" are the main reason behind the cheating AI. Konami don't know or don't want to make two AI versions. Can't it be other thing.

Here's another comp with some moves showing the amazing dribbling mechanics in Demo:
Does anyone know if there is any way to send these videos to Konami?

30min match
Boavista(me) 3 Vitoria Setubal(AI) 4.
It was better than my first match . I think -2 game speed is interesting, you have a lot more time when defending to get control of your player and make a tackle. It felt a bit floaty , just a bit too slow. Maybe -1 speed is ideal. Will try that.
So i think playing with game speed -2 makes the game easier, more time to gain control of a player or switch to another before you start trying to close down/tackle?
Again 2 late goals from AI just to piss me off after being comfortable at 3-2 up, the script really is an iritating one.

30min match
Boavista(me) 3 Vitoria Setubal(AI) 4.
It was better than my first match . I think -2 game speed is interesting, you have a lot more time when defending to get control of your player and make a tackle. It felt a bit floaty , just a bit too slow. Maybe -1 speed is ideal. Will try that.
So i think playing with game speed -2 makes the game easier, more time to gain control of a player or switch to another before you start trying to close down/tackle?
Again 2 late goals from AI just to piss me off after being comfortable at 3-2 up, the script really is an iritating one.
-1 was ideal in pes19 for me. -2 was bit too sluggish. Usually, most Pes I played -1 was the way to go.
Only Pes17 i played on -2, as it was noticeably faster than others.

Still - it didnt make any difference when AI was going into frenzy in Pes19.
Have to say - I really admire your persistence, lads.
Im long gone from this game.

-1 was ideal in pes19 for me. -2 was bit too sluggish. Usually, most Pes I played -1 was the way to go.
Only Pes17 i played on -2, as it was noticeably faster than others.

Still - it didnt make any difference when AI was going into frenzy in Pes19.
Have to say - I really admire your persistence, lads.
Im long gone from this game.

Dont blame you tbh. Im giving it one more try on ML. Will try -1 speed, Top Player. Pick a small team in a league i havent played before just to have some variety, that way it will be kind of realistic when the AI starts destroying me and i end up struggling all season long. Maybe the Dutch league or French Ligue 2

I'm not sure if it's working now. But if it is, should have visual indicator like the heat map in Pes 2014.

Otherwise, I'm starting to think that the "MyClub vs Com events" are the main reason behind the cheating AI. Konami don't know or don't want to make two AI versions. Can't it be other thing.

Here's another comp with some moves showing the amazing dribbling mechanics in Demo:
whats the point of sending these videos to konami?
you think that they didn't know whats the difference between demo and final game?
ofc they knew because they made the game and they made the final game different to the demo on purpose
the purpose may not be reasonable but thats what they decided to make
I don't think they will listen

just send it through twitter to @officialpes i believe
and dont listen to comments like above who want to put you down. nice compliation btw

Dont blame you tbh. Im giving it one more try on ML. Will try -1 speed, Top Player. Pick a small team in a league i havent played before just to have some variety, that way it will be kind of realistic when the AI starts destroying me and i end up struggling all season long. Maybe the Dutch league or French Ligue 2

just an idea : if you feel speed -2 too slow and -1 too fast, you could try similar 30mins on pes 2018 as I think it plays a bit faster (i.e. it could offer a -1.5 or -0.5 speed).

Back
Top Bottom